• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Strahan vs Sapp

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Former New York Giants superstar defensive end Michael Strahan figures to be in the Pro Football Hall of Fame at some point, but 2013 inductee Warren Sapp doesn't believe he's deserving on this year's ballot.

Strahan responded to Sapp's stance on Tuesday, Jan. 28, by dismissing his opinion and implying that he isn't too concerned about getting a bust in Canton, Ohio, per ESPN.com's Dan Graziano:

Football was part of my life, but it is not my entire life. So for some guys, maybe that's their entire life and that's all they have to hold onto. Playing football, sacking quarterbacks, that was part of my life, and I did it and I moved on. The tiger does not pay attention to the opinion of the sheep.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warren Sapp was voted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame last year. He doesn’t think Michael Strahan deserves to join him this year.

Sapp said at Super Bowl Media Day that Strahan simply wasn’t good enough to make it.

“I don’t think his résumé stacks up,” Sapp said, via Neil Best of Newsday. “He only has four straight Pro Bowls and a mythical sack record. When you really measure him up he comes up short.”

Sapp has been complaining for years about Strahan’s sack record of 22.5, which Strahan set in the last game of the 2001 season when Brett Favre appeared to slide down in front of him intentionally to hand him the record. Sapp said while they were both still playing that there should be an asterisk next to his record because it wasn’t a real record; Strahan responded that there should be a McDonald’s next to Sapp’s house because Sapp is fat.

But Sapp is wrong about Strahan’s Pro Bowls. In fact, Sapp and Strahan were chosen to the same number of Pro Bowls (seven) and to the same number of first-team All-Pro teams (four).

Sapp says Strahan doesn?t belong in the Hall of Fame | ProFootballTalk

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure that Strahan gets in, regardless of what Sapp says.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"There shouldn't be a McDonalds next to Sapp's house because he's fat" :laugh3: That is outstanding.

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strahan wins on the McD's comment alone

Tacoma_canuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I used to like watching Warren Sapp play but as soon as he hung up the helmet and started talking, all that came out was stupidity. Strahan will get in but Sapp was right about the sack record. I remember seeing that play by Favre and it was thoroughly disgusting. Might as well have been playing in the pro bowl. Regardless, I like Michael Strahan and he is a heck of a lot more intelligent than the fat man. Love the McD's comeback.

As for the HOF, I honestly don't care about it. All the halls are a joke anyway these days but Strahan will get in and is just as deserving as Sapp.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet another reason nobody likes Sapp... Arrogance is strong with that deusch.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet another reason nobody likes Sapp... Arrogance is strong with that deusch.

So is jealousy. Think this has a little to do with the fact that Sapp filed for bankruptcy in 2012 while Strahan is clearly very successful in life after football?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is jealousy. Think this has a little to do with the fact that Sapp filed for bankruptcy in 2012 while Strahan is clearly very successful in life after football?

Definitely. I wonder what started the whole feud between these two? My guess is someone made a comparison of Strahan to Sapp and that didn't sit well with Sapp.

Sapp has always thought he is the GOAT.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sapp is a buffoon and should not be paid attention to

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think I have paid any attention to Sapp ever since he was hired at the sports desk... But (incoming South Park reference) whenever he talks he just spews shit all over the place.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely. I wonder what started the whole feud between these two? My guess is someone made a comparison of Strahan to Sapp and that didn't sit well with Sapp.

Sapp has always thought he is the GOAT.

Sapp was a great player...imo better than Strahan, but clearly, the guy has chip on his shoulder since draft day...just seems to be a bitter guy...sucks at his day job now.

NorthernLights88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get how someone pulls in that much cash over careers under 15 years long, yet still wind up in all that debt. They've gotta be doing some very stupid shit to end up in that position.

According to wikipedia, it says he "$876,000 behind on alimony and child support for his former spouse" (among other debts) when he filed for bankruptcy, but that's another ludicrous figure I can't figure out. I get the whole "child support" crap, and alimony is a stupid, outdated concept, but why in the hell should ANYONE, regardless of their income, ever owe anything close to $900 in alimony and/or child support over the duration of an entire lifetime (or time of kid(s) turning 18)? The fact that Sapp, or anyone would ever owe an ex-spouse that kind of cash is even dumber than Sapp is. The system is beyond ass backwards, and needs to change, big time.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Warren Sapp is the worst analyst / media personality in the history of football. Maybe the history of the world.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sapp was a great player...imo better than Strahan, but clearly, the guy has chip on his shoulder since draft day...just seems to be a bitter guy...sucks at his day job now.

Interesting that you think Sapp was the better player. Both were obviously great, but after reading your comment it made me think that DTs who are as disruptive to opposing offenses as Sapp was are probably rarer (and perhaps even more valuable) than a DE like Strahan.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sapp is a buffoon and should not be paid attention to

Well this is the problem since him and Michael Irvin are on the NFL network, :L the crap part is NFL network was the solution not to watch ESPN/TMZ anymore but now, lets just say thank god for the internet and MLB network....

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Strahan was a much better run stopper than Sapp was, and it's not even close.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting that you think Sapp was the better player. Both were obviously great, but after reading your comment it made me think that DTs who are as disruptive to opposing offenses as Sapp was are probably rarer (and perhaps even more valuable) than a DE like Strahan.

I think both are HOF guys so it may be splitting hairs to say one is better than the other, but Sapp was a beast inside, Suh type power but quicker, gap control and pass rush ability from the DT spot is definitely more rare than a DE imo. We can probably name a handful such players all time...Joe Greene, Randy White, Sapp, Suh, Haynesworth (for about 3 years), Justin Smith, maybe...I'm sure to miss some names, but there's not many great dominating 4-3 DTs.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well this is the problem since him and Michael Irvin are on the NFL network, :L the crap part is NFL network was the solution not to watch ESPN/TMZ anymore but now, lets just say thank god for the internet and MLB network....

:agree:

I can at least see some sort of humor in Irvin's comments. I have learned to completely tune Sapp out.