• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stoops has won 4 of his last 5 bowl games

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mine is 2-0 in bowl games at my school, with a win over Stoops :happy:

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our coach hasn't even won the Sugar Bowl! :L There's only one bowl game he can even seem to win! :L However......................................................

it is the BCS National Championship Bowl! :yahoo: I guess that's a good trade off? :noidea:

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama has been the yardstick teams have been measured by over the past few years. This year OU measured up.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes they did! I could tell when they played Okie St they had heart. The way they fought and hung in there and pulled it out made me go :doh: when these experts were making Bama a 15 plus pt favorite. Don't know what OU has coming back but if they get that kind of QB play consistently they just need to give Knight some protection! Lots of teams wish they were considered down and winning 10 plus games every year like OU has been doing! Are they back back?

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We lose two starters on defense, Clay, Finch and Millard in the backfield and Ikard our center. Saunders is gone too I think, other than that...should be set as we just got a commitment from the top RB yesterday.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We lose two starters on defense, Clay, Finch and Millard in the backfield and Ikard our center. Saunders is gone too I think, other than that...should be set as we just got a commitment from the top RB yesterday.

loaded-gun-barrel.jpg

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OU will be top 3 preseason in 2014.

Depending on how the NCG fairs we will finish #3 or #4 This year.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Someone said you lose 2 off the OL the other day. If that's basically it definitely a contender.

offshore1509

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Someone said you lose 2 off the OL the other day. If that's basically it definitely a contender.

Don't lose much, and we have a couple of JC transfers that can play right away. Plus, OU got a commitment from the #9 RB yesterday. If Knight continues to play solid and the defense gets even better, OU could be a contender for the next couple of years.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now I'm like most OU fans: if I had a tail it would be wagging so hard my ass would ache. But until Stoops can beat a Big Dog in the National Championship game the monkey is still on his back. OU just beat a very good (not excellent) Alabama team which would have been unthinkable 6 months ago. That's great! But until Stoops takes the next big step up he is not yet ready for the Pantheon.

yourTEAMreallySUCKS

Sooner, Cock, Rise Up
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now I'm like most OU fans: if I had a tail it would be wagging so hard my ass would ache. But until Stoops can beat a Big Dog in the National Championship game the monkey is still on his back. OU just beat a very good (not excellent) Alabama team which would have been unthinkable 6 months ago. That's great! But until Stoops takes the next big step up he is not yet ready for the Pantheon.

:agree:

occupant

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Small steps.

Hammer out the wrinkles one at a time.

We've seemingly finally transitioned from LJ now. Took all year to do it. Now we have an offensive focus and direction. If a team can perform that transition in the limited time of an offseason, they've done something remarkable.

Seems that we've patched some holes in our coaching and recruiting canoe with the release of Venables, Martinez, Shipp and Patton. Venables, Martinez and Shipp were directly responsible for the downward trend of our defensive unit of late. Patton likewise for our offensive line.

No defense and no offensive line? Good luck to you Sir. I mean, how many tight ends did we "transform" into offensive linemen? No, you're doing it wrong. Venables thought the way to defend in this league was to "keep it in front of you". Well, we realize now that he was wrong...as we've seen another path. And it was good.

Onward and upward Sooner brethren. Barring major offseason shenanigans or getting more coaches poached, I'd say 2014 could be a very special year.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Goldbug

I might have to vote this as post of the year!!! It shows passion, truth, humbleness and hope only college football can provide!!!

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goldbug

I might have to vote this as post of the year!!! It shows passion, truth, humbleness and hope only college football can provide!!!

Thanks. Our biggest hope is we catch up to Alabama in the number of National Championships you guys have won.

occupant

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks. Our biggest hope is we catch up to Alabama in the number of National Championships you guys have won.

Well sure.

That was the importance of the Cotton Bowl game in a nutshell. From the time it was announced I was cautiously optimistic. I thought that we would find out exactly how far we had progressed/recessed in our efforts this year. Just being competitive in that game would have proven a lot to me.

First goal completed.

August 30, 2014 can't get here soon enough.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cotton? Occupant, you've been celebrating on Bourbon Street too long. Come on home, guy. :)