• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stoops has won 4 of his last 5 bowl games

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It just all depends on where you stop with the facts. Keep in mind this is coming from an Alabama fan who is the one team that is impressive on this list but it really is the only one. Not sure things have changed that much...yet?

2009 beat 8-5 Stanford with an 8-5 OU team
2010 beat a 8-5 BCS UConn team with a 12-2 OU team
2011 beat a 7-6 Iowa team with a 10-3 OU team
2012 beat bad by a 11-2 Texas A&M team with a 10-3 OU team
2013 beat a 11-2 Alabama team with an 11-2 OU team

Your time frame ends conveniently before he lost 5 out of 6 bowl games.

You guys lost 4 out of your last 6 in that same time frame, not counting a Vacated Bowl game against Texas Tech.

The OP is excited about a Bowl win and wants people to know that Bob has turned around his Bowl Game fortunes as of late. But you want to come in and diminish what the OP said so you can, in some way, feel better about your team.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys lost 4 out of your last 6 in that same time frame, not counting a Vacated Bowl game against Texas Tech.

The OP is excited about a Bowl win and wants people to know that Bob has turned around his Bowl Game fortunes as of late. But you want to come in and diminish what the OP said so you can, in some way, feel better about your team.

Glad someone else has figured this out...

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yeah just sayin Stoops has made strides in bowl games the last 5 years. He gots a bad rap but after this win I think he is over .500 in bowls now.

Tom Osbourne once lost 10 straight bowl games before winning 3 National Titles. I never heard people complain about him after that.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seriously? I didn't start the thread and if my damn team is beating 6-6 teams I'm not going to crow about it, ok? The Alabama win was a good one, in fact it was a great one! The others, eh! For the record Alabama went 2-3 in that time frame which was right smack in the middle of bowl sanctions and scholarship losses. But either way, what the hell is your point? You just want to make a negative remark about Alabama because I didn't kiss OP and Stoops ass for beating 8-5 teams? :noidea: It's ok~ it's only one man's opinion even though it's true and I'm sure you can get plenty of OU fans to disagree with me as well! :nod:

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bear Bryant went 0-7-1 (the tie was actually OU) during one stretch in his career in the sixties. He would reward his team for a good year and not be as business like about it. This was back when they crowned the NC before the bowls. When they changed that he took a different perspective and practiced harder with more discipline. He then went 10-1 with the one loss a two point defeat in a NC game with Notre Dame. Bowls are roller coaster rides. Each year it means something different to the other team so you don't know what you'll get.

occupant

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously? I didn't start the thread and if my damn team is beating 6-6 teams I'm not going to crow about it, ok? The Alabama win was a good one, in fact it was a great one! The others, eh! For the record Alabama went 2-3 in that time frame which was right smack in the middle of bowl sanctions and scholarship losses. But either way, what the hell is your point? You just want to make a negative remark about Alabama because I didn't kiss OP and Stoops ass for beating 8-5 teams? :noidea: It's ok~ it's only one man's opinion even though it's true and I'm sure you can get plenty of OU fans to disagree with me as well! :nod:

Holy fucksticks you're such a bitter little passive/aggressive hater bitch.

You don't agree. We get it. Go lament with your ilk and leave this party.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OU IS AWESOME AND BOB STOOPS IS THE GREATEST COACH IN THE LAND!!! :nod: :nod: :nod:

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BT is learning how to get along!

Yes make sure you don't ever ever ever say anything someone doesn't want to hear. Make sure you don't hurt anyone's feelings because the average SportsHoopla poster is one sensitive SOB! :nod:

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes make sure you don't ever ever ever say anything someone doesn't want to hear. Make sure you don't hurt anyone's feelings because the average SportsHoopla poster is one sensitive SOB! :nod:

You should have been here for the start of SportsHoopla...it was a wild, wild west type of place then. Sensitive bastards have taken over since Robust though...

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I'm sorry if the above post offended anyone! :noidea:

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy fucksticks you're such a bitter little passive/aggressive hater bitch.

You don't agree. We get it. Go lament with your ilk and leave this party.

dunno, but maybe it was his banishment to the TB that broke him???:noidea:

occupant

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Heh.

If that's the way you feel...

You're eating up precious pixels on my screen Sir, and you will be PLONKed at the summarization of this post. Please read slowly.

You shouldn't equate "sensitivity" with being sick of your contrarian message board posting game. You're well versed and seem to be somewhat educated, but I can tell you're also very wet behind the ears and addicted to soft lulz. The topic of the thread concerns Bob Stoops coaching a team to 4 of 5 bowl wins.

It has nothing to do with your perception of those wins, nor does it hinge on what you think is "boastworthy". You're taking a position of superiority when Bob Stoops' team just defeated the one you root for. You're downplaying his wins when one of them WAS OVER YOUR OWN FUCKING FAVORITE TEAM. That in and of itself disqualifies you from being taken seriously.

You've recently had your pecker slammed in the door and you're attempting to circumvent it happening again by tiptoeing around the very actions that got it slammed in the first place.

Like I previously stated, you seem like a smart enough person to figure this out. Cease and desist crapping on OU related threads because we just whipped 'Bama ass. I'm asking nicely for everyone else, for I won't see your posts anymore.

Thanks for your attention and good luck in your future endeavors,
a concerned sports message board poster

TROJAN-MAN

Been around the block more times than the mailman
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh.

If that's the way you feel...

You're eating up precious pixels on my screen Sir, and you will be PLONKed at the summarization of this post. Please read slowly.

You shouldn't equate "sensitivity" with being sick of your contrarian message board posting game. You're well versed and seem to be somewhat educated, but I can tell you're also very wet behind the ears and addicted to soft lulz. The topic of the thread concerns Bob Stoops coaching a team to 4 of 5 bowl wins.

It has nothing to do with your perception of those wins, nor does it hinge on what you think is "boastworthy". You're taking a position of superiority when Bob Stoops' team just defeated the one you root for. You're downplaying his wins when one of them WAS OVER YOUR OWN FUCKING FAVORITE TEAM. That in and of itself disqualifies you from being taken seriously.

You've recently had your pecker slammed in the door and you're attempting to circumvent it happening again by tiptoeing around the very actions that got it slammed in the first place.

Like I previously stated, you seem like a smart enough person to figure this out. Cease and desist crapping on OU related threads because we just whipped 'Bama ass. I'm asking nicely for everyone else, for I won't see your posts anymore.

Thanks for your attention and good luck in your future endeavors,
a concerned sports message board poster

:doh:

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1459102_641789729210528_1979082992_n.jpg