• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sterling hires investigators

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I firmly believe they knew he would sue when this began, it's what he does.

However, the assumption that he's going to find something useful is probably not a good one. Billionaires can hide dirt and graft fairly well.

I'll never understand why some of you WANT him to be successful here. Just exactly what has he done to earn your support, really?

He's bad for the league, bad for business, and just a crappy human being. His rights haven't been violated, and hes going to earn a record winfall of cash. I really don't get some of you that seem to be taking his side, he really doesn't HAVE a side to take here.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL - NONE OF THIS MATTERS.

The NBA didn't force Sterling out, number one. His wife sold completely on her own.

Secondly, no matter what they find.....it's not relevant to their case against HIM. He was fined and banned for HIS own actions and words. That's a fact he can't disprove, because he admitted to the commish that he made those comments.

What the league did to anyone else or didn't do has no bearing. They are a private organization that can punish their membership how they see fit. This is like a murderer suing a judge for not giving another murderer the same sentence. It's pointless and fruitless.

Sterling has nothing here. All he's doing is making his lawyer richer and hoping to embarrass the league......but make no mistakes, he HAS NO CASE.
They didn't force him out? Lol, okay, delusional one. Why don't you try and be consistent?

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:yo:Hat's off to this investigator.

A person having the gift to sift through all the Sterling's racist shit to find the needle in this haystack is a better man than I.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They didn't force him out? Lol, okay, delusional one. Why don't you try and be consistent?

I'm very consistent. HOW did they force him out? They never even voted on the matter.

Sterling's wife had TWO doctors declare him mentally incompetent, and she sold the team.

That has nothing to do with the NBA.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm very consistent. HOW did they force him out? They never even voted on the matter.

Sterling's wife had TWO doctors declare him mentally incompetent, and she sold the team.

LMAO

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's going to probate court. It's very questionable whether she had the right to sell the team unilaterally like she did.

The other 29 owners were stoked not to have to actually vote on forcing him out. I'm not convinced all of the owners would have voted yes.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't the Orlando owner bigoted towards homosexuals and has contributed money to bigoted organizations?

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's going to probate court. It's very questionable whether she had the right to sell the team unilaterally like she did.

The other 29 owners were stoked not to have to actually vote on forcing him out. I'm not convinced all of the owners would have voted yes.

I guess we'll find out. She appears to have all the paperwork on her side. She has two neurosurgeons signed off. She has control of the trust. Unless there's something we don't know, she has every right to sell the team.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NBA and Adam Silver are beyond stupid for not just dropping the lifetime ban and 2.5 million dollar fine. If that is really all it took to get him to sign off on the Clippers sale they should have granted it and kissed his hand for making this so easy on them.

Instead Silver wants to make this his power move, his defining moment as the new commissioner. He is putting the entire league right now in a very dangerous situation, and I for one hope he is as well prepared for it as he wants everyone to believe.

I mean what happens if they dig up dirt on him or any of the other owners? Does he step down as commissioner? Do they force the other owners to sale their team?

^^^THIS^^^

It seems that the players never cared about the lifetime ban or the fine. They wanted him to lose the team. Had the NBA just agreed to drop the fine and the ban, none of this is likely happening.

Not sure much will happen with this, but if it does, it's because Silver overplayed his hand.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not sure what's so amusing. These are all facts.

The Sterlings took action on their own, the league didn't vote them out. They voluntarily sold the team.

Donald was banned and fined, which he has not paid. This is fact as well.

I fail to see where, in a court of law, you or any reasonable human being can hold the league accountable for his wife selling the franchise. They didn't put a gun to his or her head.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's true no matter what he finds it does not absolve him of his wrong doing, but what if the information he finds on other owners leads to even more lost sponsorship? What if it leads to even more player boycotts? What if public opinion becomes so bad it starts costing the league ticket sales? What if this end up forcing out several other owners?

This a dangerous slope Silver has the NBA going down right now. If all Sterling wanted was his lifetime ban and 2.5 million dollar fine dropped to sign off on the Clippers sale the NBA should have happily done it to avoid any of these what if scenarios.

This is why Mark Cuban was leery of actually voting him out. As he said, what they do to Sterling can be done to any of them. Once the precedent is set, there's no going back.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I firmly believe they knew he would sue when this began, it's what he does.

However, the assumption that he's going to find something useful is probably not a good one. Billionaires can hide dirt and graft fairly well.

I'll never understand why some of you WANT him to be successful here. Just exactly what has he done to earn your support, really?

He's bad for the league, bad for business, and just a crappy human being. His rights haven't been violated, and hes going to earn a record winfall of cash. I really don't get some of you that seem to be taking his side, he really doesn't HAVE a side to take here.

And billionaires can also pay huge sums of money to people who specialize in finding dirt that is thought to be well hidden.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we'll find out. She appears to have all the paperwork on her side. She has two neurosurgeons signed off. She has control of the trust. Unless there's something we don't know, she has every right to sell the team.

Basically, in part of his lawsuit, it claims that the medical reports used to give Shelly control are a "sham". All Sterling needs is a couple of other doctors to dispute the findings of the one's Shelly used and this ends up as a judge's decision as to which doctors he believes. It could also lead to the judge ordering a completely separate set of tests from a doctor appointed by the court.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why Mark Cuban was leery of actually voting him out. As he said, what they do to Sterling can be done to any of them. Once the precedent is set, there's no going back.

This is why I think the other owners were stoked to see Shelly sell the team before it came down to a vote. I don't think this is a precedent they wanted to set. Still might have to depending on what happens in the probate court.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basically, in part of his lawsuit, it claims that the medical reports used to give Shelly control are a "sham". All Sterling needs is a couple of other doctors to dispute the findings of the one's Shelly used and this ends up as a judge's decision as to which doctors he believes. It could also lead to the judge ordering a completely separate set of tests from a doctor appointed by the court.

I wouldn't put it past her to make up the doctors wholesale or if it was a sham. NOTHING either of those clowns do surprises me in the least.

But this is my point as well......his case is with her, not the NBA.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't put it past her to make up the doctors wholesale or if it was a sham. NOTHING either of those clowns do surprises me in the least.

But this is my point as well......his case is with her, not the NBA.

Actually, his case can be against both. While it's true that the NBA never got around to voting him out, the team wouldn't be getting sold if the NBA had not forced the issue by starting the process of forcing him to sell the team on top of the lifetime ban and fine.

Had they just left it at the lifetime ban and fine OR just made him sell the team, this lawsuit probably isn't happening.

I agree that nothing either of these 2 do would be surprising. Add to that how crazy California courts can be and there is no telling how all of this plays out.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think this is even over if the probate court sides with Shelly Sterling. He could likely appeal the decision, and if it comes down to it he could always file for divorce. I'm not exactly sure what a divorce would do to the trust, but it could be used to force Shelly out of power to sale the team.

Unless the NBA opens up to making Donald a deal he is likely going to still be the owner come the start of next season, and the longer this drags out the more likely the NBA is to lose Balmer as a buyer.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not to wish ill on anyone, but it would really be in everyone's best interest if sterling would just keel over.

of course he probably made the contract with the investigators to state that if he dies, they will continue until they have exhausted all funds or some shit

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not to wish ill on anyone, but it would really be in everyone's best interest if sterling would just keel over.

of course he probably made the contract with the investigators to state that if he dies, they will continue until they have exhausted all funds or some shit

It would be amazing for his family if that happened. Shelly would have full control of the trust, and the tax on the sale of the team would be significantly lowered. Your talking about going from around a 50% tax on nearly all of that 2 billion to just a 50% tax on around 1.3 billion. That's assuming of course they value the Clippers at around the 700m everyone was saying before the bidding.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This dude switches his mind more than Jennifer Lopez switches men!