• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sterling hires investigators

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He don't have to find anything damning. All he needs is proof of one owner or the commish saying the word ****er and he proved his point.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't blame Sterling a bit for this and I hope he does find something. If this were me and I got set up and forced out like that, then I'd take my billion dollar fortune and make everyone's life a living hell for as long as I could afford it.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NBA and Adam Silver are beyond stupid for not just dropping the lifetime ban and 2.5 million dollar fine. If that is really all it took to get him to sign off on the Clippers sale they should have granted it and kissed his hand for making this so easy on them.

Instead Silver wants to make this his power move, his defining moment as the new commissioner. He is putting the entire league right now in a very dangerous situation, and I for one hope he is as well prepared for it as he wants everyone to believe.

I mean what happens if they dig up dirt on him or any of the other owners? Does he step down as commissioner? Do they force the other owners to sale their team?

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL - NONE OF THIS MATTERS.

The NBA didn't force Sterling out, number one. His wife sold completely on her own.

Secondly, no matter what they find.....it's not relevant to their case against HIM. He was fined and banned for HIS own actions and words. That's a fact he can't disprove, because he admitted to the commish that he made those comments.

What the league did to anyone else or didn't do has no bearing. They are a private organization that can punish their membership how they see fit. This is like a murderer suing a judge for not giving another murderer the same sentence. It's pointless and fruitless.

Sterling has nothing here. All he's doing is making his lawyer richer and hoping to embarrass the league......but make no mistakes, he HAS NO CASE.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dis-gon-b-gud.gif

also, lol @ anyone thinking he is being pushed out because of what he said

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What kills me is people taking his side like he actually has one or is a victim here.

The league banned him and fined him because he violated their rules. That is not in dispute.

His argument now is that his punishment isn't fair because nobody else got punished like this? LOL thats something you hear your kids argue with to avoid their own punishment.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he and his lawyers could have a field day if they find evidence other owners did things that broke NBA rule of conduct clause and comparable to his "bedroom chat".

This is a real deal Star

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"sit back, relax, and strap it down." this could get interesting

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he and his lawyers could have a field day if they find evidence other owners did things that broke NBA rule of conduct clause and comparable to his "bedroom chat".

This is a real deal Star

No its not.

It doesn't matter one iota. They are not under any compulsion to punish anyone the exact same way they punished him.

All he can do is show they are hypocrites, but it doesn't change HIS punishment at all. It doesn't absolve him of his crime.

He can't show ONE owner that's by his words or actions cost the league money in lost sponsorships.

This is basically a gambit to embarrass the other owners in the league, but has no bearing on HIS case. It's a red herring.

Don't look at what he did. Look at those guys over there!!!!

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL - NONE OF THIS MATTERS.

The NBA didn't force Sterling out, number one. His wife sold completely on her own.

Secondly, no matter what they find.....it's not relevant to their case against HIM. He was fined and banned for HIS own actions and words. That's a fact he can't disprove, because he admitted to the commish that he made those comments.

What the league did to anyone else or didn't do has no bearing. They are a private organization that can punish their membership how they see fit. This is like a murderer suing a judge for not giving another murderer the same sentence. It's pointless and fruitless.

Sterling has nothing here. All he's doing is making his lawyer richer and hoping to embarrass the league......but make no mistakes, he HAS NO CASE.

I don't think it matters at this point what the NBA does to him. What matters is what is he going to do to the NBA as he goes down? What if he digs up some racially sensitive information on a few other owners or even Silver himself? Would the league dare look like major hypocrites and ignore it? Would public opinion even let them just ignore it?

Also depending on what information he digs up he could have a legit case. You can sign a contract that says if you're late to work you're fired, but if you can prove with documentation that the company has a history of allowing other employees to arrive late with no punishment while under the same agreement then you will likely win your case. That contract you signed means nothing if you can prove the company has a pattern of not following it because actions speak louder than words or in this case written agreements.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well said Kinzu. They opened pandorra's box to an idiot with a gripe and boat loads of cash. In a civil court this can be a real direction

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But IMO he should quietly find the evidence.not get it leaked now

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No its not.

It doesn't matter one iota. They are not under any compulsion to punish anyone the exact same way they punished him.

All he can do is show they are hypocrites, but it doesn't change HIS punishment at all. It doesn't absolve him of his crime.

He can't show ONE owner that's by his words or actions cost the league money in lost sponsorships.

This is basically a gambit to embarrass the other owners in the league, but has no bearing on HIS case. It's a red herring.

It's true no matter what he finds it does not absolve him of his wrong doing, but what if the information he finds on other owners leads to even more lost sponsorship? What if it leads to even more player boycotts? What if public opinion becomes so bad it starts costing the league ticket sales? What if this end up forcing out several other owners?

This a dangerous slope Silver has the NBA going down right now. If all Sterling wanted was his lifetime ban and 2.5 million dollar fine dropped to sign off on the Clippers sale the NBA should have happily done it to avoid any of these what if scenarios.

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No its not.

i don't think he is trying to fix his case. he is trying for revenge. if they dig up an owner or commish using the "N" word or some similar word the NBA will be almost forced to deal with the situation the same as the sterling situation.

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's true no matter what he finds it does not absolve him of his wrong doing, but what if the information he finds on other owners leads to even more lost sponsorship? What if it leads to even more player boycotts? What if public opinion becomes so bad it starts costing the league ticket sales? What if this end up forcing out several other owners?

This a dangerous slope Silver has the NBA going down right now. If all Sterling wanted was his lifetime ban and 2.5 million dollar fine dropped to sign off on the Clippers sale the NBA should have happily done it to avoid any of these what if scenarios.

exactly. he is basically going to spend the rest of his life trying to make life hell for the NBA. and i don't entirely blame him.

Inquisitor95

Unexpected Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But IMO he should quietly find the evidence.not get it leaked now

He should but I would love to see dirty laundry all over the place. It would be quite entertaining and something good might actually come out of it.

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NBA and Adam Silver are beyond stupid for not just dropping the lifetime ban and 2.5 million dollar fine. If that is really all it took to get him to sign off on the Clippers sale they should have granted it and kissed his hand for making this so easy on them.

Instead Silver wants to make this his power move, his defining moment as the new commissioner. He is putting the entire league right now in a very dangerous situation, and I for one hope he is as well prepared for it as he wants everyone to believe.

I mean what happens if they dig up dirt on him or any of the other owners? Does he step down as commissioner? Do they force the other owners to sale their team?

exactly again. or any type of conspiring or collusion? anything that can be dug up that can raise hell on the nba.

this could, cause problems if they find things.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i don't think he is trying to fix his case. he is trying for revenge. if they dig up an owner or commish using the "N" word or some similar word the NBA will be almost forced to deal with the situation the same as the sterling situation.

Yup, and this is one of the main reasons the other owners did not want to see Sterling banned.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His own family is against him, he has dementia, he has cancer, he's the worst owner in sports, & he's bad for business. No point in fighting this IMO.