• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Steph Curry does not get foul calls.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny how people are starting to notice this now. He's getting held a lot no. Class

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, some of those were meh. But a lot of those were also egregious. It's terrible.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't need them - he's good enough without getting help or love from the ref's -

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't need them - he's good enough without getting help or love from the ref's -

Forget 'help' just call it fair. Opposite of "Jordan Rules". Jeebus,

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Considering that some on another thread were calling him a whiner, this is right on time. No other superstar I have ever seen gets less respect from the refs or his peers.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny how people are starting to notice this now. He's getting held a lot no. Class

He needs to get in the weight room. If he gets touched he starts complaining, if a bigger, stronger player gets touched they don't feel it.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The funny thing is the play where RJ moved out and bumped him, he threw off the defender to get open LOL. He pushes off A LOT. Also, him kicking out his legs after a shot is not going to help his cause, that can cause an injury for another player or won't get respect from the refs

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just not a fan of these type of videos. Didn't like the Lin one either.

You can easily make a similar video for any starting player in the league. Of course its going to look bad when you find every questionable call against a player and stick it in one montage.

I actually do think that there could be something to Curry not getting calls... but this does absolutely nothing to convince me of it. If anything, it makes me less willing to consider the possibility.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You can easily make a similar video for any starting player in the league. Of course its going to look bad when you find every questionable call against a player and stick it in one montage.

I actually do think that there could be something to Curry not getting calls... but this does absolutely nothing to convince me of it. If anything, it makes me less willing to consider the possibility.

Agree. I'd go beyond starters and say that you could make a video like that for pretty much any player in the league that gets more than about 8 minutes of playing time per game.

Plus, for star players, if you're a fan of them or their team, you think they never get any calls. If you aren't a fan of them or their team...they get all of the calls.

With star players especially, you can also put together a video of plays where they got calls that they shouldn't have gotten.

It's part of why blaming refs for losses is lame.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, the video is cherry picking.

But honestly I can say Steph gets no love from the refs. Not even a mild liking. There are some games where it's absolutely outrageous.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering that some on another thread were calling him a whiner, this is right on time. No other superstar I have ever seen gets less respect from the refs or his peers.

The peers one is especially interesting to me. Maybe it's because he didn't have nearly the rough upbringing that a lot of these guys have? Feel like it's a rich get richer situation?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The peers one is especially interesting to me. Maybe it's because he didn't have nearly the rough upbringing that a lot of these guys have? Feel like it's a rich get richer situation?

Could be part of it, but I honestly don't think that is it.

Most elite players are elite athletes. Curry is more of an average Joe from that standpoint. I think guys like Westbrook, LeBron, etc., don't respect him because they are vastly superior physically and they feel that they would abuse him in a 1 on 1 type game. Putting Curry in their class (correctly or not) is viewed by them as an insult.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be part of it, but I honestly don't think that is it.

Most elite players are elite athletes. Curry is more of an average Joe from that standpoint. I think guys like Westbrook, LeBron, etc., don't respect him because they are vastly superior physically and they feel that they would abuse him in a 1 on 1 type game. Putting Curry in their class (correctly or not) is viewed by them as an insult.

It takes awhile for guys who are viewed as less gifted physically to earn respect.

From what I read, when he got to the NBA, Larry Bird was disrespected by his own teammates until he proved he was better than all of them. Dude was slow, unathletic and couldn't jump over a dime if it was laid flat. But he sure could play basketball. lol