• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stefen Wisniewski visiting Seattle

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Raiders signed Rodney Hudson who is considered an upgrade over Wiz.
Now after watching big $ offers for other FA's I think Wiz is looking for a lot more than the $3M that was originally rumored to be the # he is seeking.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are there any centers, or guards who can be converted to center, in the draft worth taking a look at or are the Seahawks better off spending a little money in free agency to enhance the competition? His time in street clothes did give his backups more experience than anybody expected them to get and I have to think that part of the reason that the Seahawks were willing to part with him, besides being able to get Jimmy Graham in return, was that that experience gave them confidence that they could move on from Unger.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, if we go center in the draft, I like the kid from Oregon (Grasu), but that's expecting the Hawks to take him in the second (not sure whether he's there in the third). Personally, I'm more inclined to like putting someone already on the roster at LG than putting one of them at center.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are there any centers, or guards who can be converted to center, in the draft worth taking a look at or are the Seahawks better off spending a little money in free agency to enhance the competition? His time in street clothes did give his backups more experience than anybody expected them to get and I have to think that part of the reason that the Seahawks were willing to part with him, besides being able to get Jimmy Graham in return, was that that experience gave them confidence that they could move on from Unger.

Patrick Lewis did a good enough job, I think a cheap vet to help provide competion and insurance would be ideal, then the Seahawks can go into the draft without feeling they must draft a center. With as many picks as they have, I'm sure they draft one at some point, just better if they can do that in the lower rounds.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, if we go center in the draft, I like the kid from Oregon (Grasu), but that's expecting the Hawks to take him in the second (not sure whether he's there in the third). Personally, I'm more inclined to like putting someone already on the roster at LG than putting one of them at center.

Wow, I liked the exact same center for our offense as well. Grasu isn't a freak in any part of the game but he really doesn't have any weakness to his game and his weaknesses (based on what I read through draft profiles) can be coached up IMO (hand placement, taking on too much, lateral movement). I feel like he could be an 'okay' day 1 starter if he did well in camp and won the job. Could stand to put on 5-10 pounds but that's not hard. I like lean offensive lineman asked to put on weight (cause usually that means "let's hit the gym a bit more") rather than take it off which is (eat less fatty).

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patrick Lewis did a good enough job, I think a cheap vet to help provide competion and insurance would be ideal, then the Seahawks can go into the draft without feeling they must draft a center. With as many picks as they have, I'm sure they draft one at some point, just better if they can do that in the lower rounds.

Ideally, our next starting center is already on the roster, but with Carroll's big thing being competition, I think we'll see a couple of centers/guards who can be moved to center come out of draft weekend. I just wanted to see who people thought we might go after if we decided to look for a center in the draft. One thing I do know is that whoever is in there needs to make sure that he and Wilson are on the same page with the snap. I think that going through so many centers last year messed with Wilson a little. There were too many errant snaps that he had to corral and it didn't even stop when Unger came back.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like he signed a 1 year deal with the Jags.

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like he signed a 1 year deal with the Jags.

Yeah...saw that. $2.5M? Shame we didn't try to match or beat that.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah...saw that. $2.5M? Shame we didn't try to match or beat that.
Yeah, $2.5 seems kind of low and I was expecting a larger payday for him.
It makes you wonder but the Jags were probably his best offer. I liked his reliability but maybe he just isn't that effective.:noidea:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, $2.5 seems kind of low and I was expecting a larger payday for him.
It makes you wonder but the Jags were probably his best offer. I liked his reliability but maybe he just isn't that effective.:noidea:

Supposedly he had/has an injury that was not known so much to the public. He had shoulder surgery and from the sound of it it was much worse than some first thought. I think it is why he was willing to just take a 1-year contract in hopes of his shoulder healing and him then getting a chance to earn a long-term big contract next season.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something happened and sounds like cdumler7 nailed it. Injury or there was an attitude problem and/or he struck GM/coaches funny.

1 yr $2.5M deal is definitely a prove it deal, so makes me think the injury item is true or there's something he needs to bounce back from prior to getting something larger.

For the best free agent center (prior to injury) going this late in free agency for that small of an amount, something was up with him.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
$6M? I love him at $3+, like him well enough for $4+...at $5 or more? Thanks for your time, Wiz. Good luck in your future endeavors.
I was just wondering why this guy does not have a job. Thanks for the answer.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He does, just for a lot less then everyone figured.
Wow! Leaves Oakland to go to Jacksonville? Football decision or location decision?
Oakland sucks but you don't have to live there!
Jacksonville sucks and where do you live but there?
Both teams suck and you take a big pay cut?
Obviously people were willing to talk with him but no good teams were buying?????

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow! Leaves Oakland to go to Jacksonville? Football decision or location decision?
Oakland sucks but you don't have to live there!
Jacksonville sucks and where do you live but there?
Both teams suck and you take a big pay cut?
Obviously people were willing to talk with him but no good teams were buying?????
Seems their were some health issues.