• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Steelers waive Chris Rainey after his arrest

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Rainey......welcome to Cincinnati.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
like 1 or 2 of those guys are actually on the Bengals. And none of them were convicts when we signed them......swing and a miss.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at the second dude on the list.....the Bungles intend to sign him when he gets OUT of jail..

And by the way Rainey is no more of a convict than Jones right now. Innocent until proven guilty. Both have misdemeanors on their record.

Enjoy the weekend, we have a playoff game...what are you guys up to? Baking a cake with a file in it?

SB XVI and SB XIX......

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should remember him. Though it's sometimes tough fighting off all terabytes of new information a near-full regular season would install into the minds of obsessive Bengals fans. Let's recap, so those memory engrams are reinserted.

Soon after the 2012 NFL draft, the Cincinnati Bengals signed linebacker Brandon Joiner as a college free agent. Here's what we wrote at the time:

Joiner, who ran a 4.84 during his March 27, 2012 Pro Day, was named the Sun Belt Defensive Player of the Year, leading the league with 12 quarterback sacks.

He also generated at least a partial sack in 10 of 12 games during his final collegiate season. Joiner was also named to the All-Sun Belt Conference First-Team, ranked second in the league with an average 1.29 tackles-for-loss per game.

Unfortunately a 2007 criminal act landed Joiner in prison with a sentence of three years, indicted for two counts of aggravated robbery and one charge of felony drug possession earlier this year. Cincinnati, who were impressed enough with a dramatic character turn-around after the incident five years ago to sign him, announced that they were retaining his rights, meaning that when he's out and instated by the league office, Joiner is back in Cincinnati when his one-year contract would finally kick in.

Joiner remains in prison today but his release is expected in a few weeks. He was paroled more than a month ago, receiving his parole certificate on December 18 yet still waiting his release, when his mother will finally have a chance to celebrate Christmas with her son, writes kdhnews.com.

"I thought I was going to see Brandon, but he can’t have visitors on Christmas, so I’ll probably see some relatives, but I’m not opening my gifts until Brandon comes home," Joiner-Moore said. "I’m going to have Christmas when he comes home."

Cynthia Joiner-Moore, Brandon's mother, keeps in contact with the Bengals too.

"I keep them in touch with any updates that I have and they’re very supportive," Joiner-Moore said of the Bengals. "They’re still there for him. He definitely feels honored and feels that he will be at home there. He’s grateful for them and their support."

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good rule, because every once in a while, there will be a player who is good who will get waived due to off the field stuff, they shouldn't be rewarded with a chance to be hired by a team that could win the Super Bowl. On one hand, if we could use them, then the rule sucks for us. Also, some off the field behavior would preclude a team from adding the player so even if there were no rule on it, teams wouldn't add - unless that guy is super good. But I think the rule was there also so that people on their last ride couldn't be waived and join some other team - with this rule, that wouldn't happen, players from playoff teams couldn't vie for it, and these things couldn't be used for an under the table like consideration for a future trade (like was discussed when the lockout happened - trading in the draft players that would have been signed, etc.).