• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

STEELERS MEDIA THREAD PART 2

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are reports Bell is facing a 4-game suspension for missing a drug test. It hasn't been announced yet because he's appealing it. Unbelievable after what happened to Bryant!!! He's a link: Why Steelers RB Le'Veon Bell could lose millions if he's suspended
Yea we discussed it a month or so ago, but looks like the chickens have come home to roost. We were all hoping that it was nothing more than smoke since it was all originally derived from one single tweet (Mark Madden).

Like I said before, his quotes about not wanting to talk about it because he's "said too much already" were very forth-telling.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea we discussed it a month or so ago, but looks like the chickens have come home to roost. We were all hoping that it was nothing more than smoke since it was all originally derived from one single tweet (Mark Madden).

Like I said before, his quotes about not wanting to talk about it because he's "said too much already" were very forth-telling.
I remember that and calling Madden a POS which he still is by the way.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it's pre Blount Rule then Mel 8 out of 10, after AB 6 out of 10.
Yep, this.

Also, AB is reporting to camp, but lobbying for a new contract again.

He's done all the work in his career, been a team player, no trouble, and is the best WR in the league.

Reward this man, now. Show the rest of the players that if you act right and work hard, you'll be taken care of.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“Obviously the Martavis thing was very disappointing, especially all the time and effort and love I put into him, we all did. We all feel a little let down from that.”

The quarterback took it personally because Bryant was not truthful with him.

“We talked a lot, every day during his suspension we talked. And then, when [the second suspension] happened, we talked, as soon as the news broke I kind of asked him what happened. He said some things that were just kind of disappointing.”

Roethlisberger said Bryant lied to him, both before the suspension was announced and after.

“I just think the approach, the denial of everything. Looking me in my eye and denying everything, it’s tough. It disappoints you as a man and a guy who cared so much about him. I obviously care a lot about him as a person and a football player.”

Roethlisberger said he has given up trying to talk to Bryant after he did not return messages, so he will leave it up to the receiver to make contact.

“I kind of put it on his plate. I would love to talk to him, but I have to let him make the move, he needs to reach out to me because I’ve tried and done those things. I’m not trying to be rude or mean, but I think he needs to do that, like grow up and reach out and talk to me, anybody. I know he talks to Markus [Wheaton].

“The potential that he had, both on and off the field and you feel for him as a person first, just what he’s going through and get your life right and those kinds of things, that’s first and foremost. But, on the football field, the talent that he had, the sky’s the limit.
Roethlisberger says suspended Steelers receiver Bryant lied to him

I would say Bryant is done. Lost his QB's respect.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Glad to see he is doing something to keep himself out of trouble... Still wondering why he hasn't tried repairing his relationship with the coaches & players though.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

T'was a good ride Spaeth! Good luck with your future endeavors.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope that this is nothing more than smoke... TOmlin seems adimant about it only being an ankle issue keeping him from the field. But the most concerning part about this news is that it was leaked from within the Steelers organization. That tells me there's some truth to it. That would be a huge letdown if he were to never see the field. Couple that with 2 suspensions to major pieces of the offense, this offense's potential starts flushing down the drain.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keenan Lewis released by New Orleans Saints

Definitely would like to see Colbert & Tomlin bring him in to kick the tires. Health is a major concern for him, but if he is close to a return then why not? He could shore up the slot CB position? All depends on the lingering hip issue. Not sure if anything else is ailing him currently.

What say you?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keenan Lewis released by New Orleans Saints

Definitely would like to see Colbert & Tomlin bring him in to kick the tires. Health is a major concern for him, but if he is close to a return then why not? He could shore up the slot CB position? All depends on the lingering hip issue. Not sure if anything else is ailing him currently.

What say you?

Oh...here it is.

PIT should be a solid playoff caliber team this season and are down to starting a rookie S in the slot...I understand he played some CB in college, but highly unlikely he would've been a 2nd rd pick as a CB. I think this would be a no brainer pickup if Lewis can play. Even if he's not 100% right now, but can be 90% by week 1, I like this move as insurance initially and perhaps he takes the reins by week 3 or 4 and move Davis back to a sub pkg role.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3