• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

STEELERS MEDIA THREAD PART 2

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was just about to post that in the "Fate of..." thread

Does this also mean our "mean age" will decrease so they can stop writing those stupid articles?????? Poly is 33, and Ike is 34.

Damn Harrison is probably still keeping that average age up there... He'll be f'n 37 in May.

Never really cared for Ike... can't say I'll miss him!!!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never really cared for Ike... can't say I'll miss him!!!
He wasn't much of a fan favorite. But man that guy had a mouth on him. I always appreciated his honesty, but sometimes he irritated me.

I think we will miss him more than we realize. Sure Ike was burnt toast most days, but considering the job he was tasked with I have to give him support. He was the only CB that lined up over the #1WR every time, meaning he was often on the same strong side as Polamalu. And we know Poly gambled 75% of the time so that left Ike all alone out there. I think if Lebeau had put anyone other than Ike out there they wouldn't have been as successful for as long as they were. Clark did a good job of covering for Poly, but he often had to cover slot outside of nickel packages because we know Poly wasn't going to for sure be there, and that was often weak side. So to think that Ike was all alone out there for the majority of the time covering the most athletic/talented player the opposing team had... Gotta give him some sort of benefit of doubt.

On the other hand, he'll forever be remembered as stone-hands.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love this... Competition between Vinny & Deebo during offseason workouts:

Vinny = 810lbs for 10 yds
Deebo = 1080lbs for 10yds

I'll take Deebo lol

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he can duplicate last season then I'd call it another MVP-caliber season!

He should of been MVP last year, you're right. But he will never get it because of the way the press percieves him.

Which is reason number one the press should have no say in who gets what in the NFL.... WE (the fans) pay the money for this shit, it should be our say.... Fuck The Press

Last edited:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should of been MVP last year, you're right. But he will never get it because the of the way the press percieves him.

Which is reason number one the press should have no say in who gets what in the NFL.... WE (the fans) pay the money for this shit, it should be our say.... Fuck The Press
Exactly. Ben never receives the recognition he deserves. Media painted him red or black, or whatever you call it, back when he was going through the r*pe accusations. Ever since then he has always been in the shadows no matter how great he plays or how tough he plays. He was one of the only reasons this team was relavant for so long. Analysts were constantly saying, "nobody can ever count out Pittsburgh when Ben is healthy". But I think last year was a wake up call to the doubters. Putting together back to back 6TD games was mind blowing, and finishing tied for 1st in passing yards. That kind of brilliance cannot be ignored. We are starting to see Ben's name more and more in headlines across all media outlets. I wouldn't be surprised to see his name at the top of the MVP list this season.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Ben never receives the recognition he deserves. Media painted him red or black, or whatever you call it, back when he was going through the r*pe accusations. Ever since then he has always been in the shadows no matter how great he plays or how tough he plays. He was one of the only reasons this team was relavant for so long. Analysts were constantly saying, "nobody can ever count out Pittsburgh when Ben is healthy". But I think last year was a wake up call to the doubters. Putting together back to back 6TD games was mind blowing, and finishing tied for 1st in passing yards. That kind of brilliance cannot be ignored. We are starting to see Ben's name more and more in headlines across all media outlets. I wouldn't be surprised to see his name at the top of the MVP list this season.

Face.... That kids rookie year when he went undefeated and there was no bullshit r*pe accusations should of put him on everyones radar... And the accusations honestly don't have shit to do with what he does on the field. I don't give a shit if he spit in the presidents face.... WTF does that have to do with 12 touchdowns in two games. He isn't my nieghbor, he isn't my buddy, I don't give a damn what he does outside of a football field. I know him because he is the QB of the Pittsburgh Steelers. I mean if he does something illegal, put his ass in jail, then he never has the chance to be in any debates for the best QB in the NFL. But the press just sucks and blows shit all out of purportion!!!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Face.... That kids rookie year when he went undefeated and there was no bullshit r*pe accusations should of put him on everyones radar... And the accusations honestly don't have shit to do with what he does on the field. I don't give a shit if he spit in the presidents face.... WTF does that have to do with 12 touchdowns in two games. He isn't my nieghbor, he isn't my buddy, I don't give a damn what he does outside of a football field. I know him because he is the QB of the Pittsburgh Steelers. I mean if he does something illegal, put his ass in jail, then he never has the chance to be in any debates for the best QB in the NFL. But the press just sucks and blows shit all out of purportion!!!
All too true brother!

I also think the defenses the team had around Ben's early years cast a LARGE shadow. That was the first thing that everyone looked at when talking about the Steelers success. The defense was pretty average in '04 though so not sure if that was the case for that year in particular.

But there's no way around the simple fact that the media does indeed suck ass, for all accounts of the meaning of the phrase.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@FaCe-LeE-uS

I read an article yesterday.... I will try and find it and post it.
It was about the draft pick before NFL All Pro players....

the one that was the scariest was 2004.....
The Houston Texans picked 10th and picked up Dunta Robinson....
Because they were happy with...David Carr....
Pick #11 was Big Ben..... I read that and just shuttered with the thoughts of what could of been!!!!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@FaCe-LeE-uS

I read an article yesterday.... I will try and find it and post it.
It was about the draft pick before NFL All Pro players....

the one that was the scariest was 2004.....
The Houston Texans picked 10th and picked up Dunta Robinson....
Because they were happy with...David Carr....
Pick #11 was Big Ben..... I read that and just shuttered with the thoughts of what could of been!!!!
I give myself ulcers thinking about things like that. I'm very thankful to those 10 teams that didn't pick Ben that year! We could have been stuck with JP Losman or... god help us... Matt "Free Hand" Schaub

:puke: