• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

STEELERS MEDIA THREAD PART 2

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harrison wants to make a return to the Steel City (Not even a real conversation yet, but IMO it would only be worth it for a vet min):
James Harrison wants to return to Steelers - Behind the Steel Curtain

Ahh yes, the Sweed... Kiper = Dumbass:
Limas Sweed ranked No. 4 by Mel Kiper in 2008 - Behind the Steel Curtain

Ravens are interested in Clark:
Ryan Clark says Ravens and Jets are interested - Behind the Steel Curtain

Looking more and more likely that Cotchery signs with Carolina (Moore still the fallback option):
Jerricho Cotchery in Charlotte Monday evening, expected to stay into Tuesday - Behind the Steel Curtain

Carrington left Oakland without a contract (I still hope we can land him somehow):
Alex Carrington leaves Oakland without a contract, reportedly heading to St. Louis - Behind the Steel Curtain

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure there is any correlation/significance to this number. Is this percentage of drafted/UDFA players higher than average across the league? What are the percentages of the 4 worst teams each year in comparison? This report is meaningless without the comparables.

The way I look at it is: The teams that usually win the conference championships are primarily composed of drafted/UDFA players. Not really worth digging into if you can understand that basic point.

72% of the total players that have played in a conference championship game since 2009 have been drafted (or UDFA'd) by their respective team. I posted a thread on the NFL general.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way I look at it is: The teams that usually win the conference championships are primarily composed of drafted/UDFA players. Not really worth digging into if you can understand that basic point.
I understand the point. But is that percentage any different from the non-conference championship teams? Without anything to compare it to, we don't know, and if it isn't, then that number is meaningless. Hope you can understand my basic point. :)

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand the point. But is that percentage any different from the non-conference championship teams? Without anything to compare it to, we don't know, and if it isn't, then that number is meaningless. Hope you can understand my basic point. :)

I see your point. The article doesn't state anything about numbers for those teams. But I would imagine it would be lower. :noidea:

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Black and Gold Forever

It looks like the meeting between linebacker Arthur Moats and the Steelers on Monday didn't take long as the two sides have reportedly reached an agreement that will make Moats a Steeler: "The Steelers and Moats have agreed to terms, a league source tells PFT. Moats started 12 games as a weakside linebacker in Buffalo loast season and is versatile enough that he could play either inside or outside in the Steelers’ 3-4 defense." As the article below notes, Moats may best be known for being the guy that ended Brett Favre's consecutive games played streak at 297. The acquisition of Moats gives the Steelers a little bit of breathing room at the linebacker spot but the team could still look to add some depth to the position through the draft or free agency.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Black and Gold Forever

It looks like the meeting between linebacker Arthur Moats and the Steelers on Monday didn't take long as the two sides have reportedly reached an agreement that will make Moats a Steeler: "The Steelers and Moats have agreed to terms, a league source tells PFT. Moats started 12 games as a weakside linebacker in Buffalo loast season and is versatile enough that he could play either inside or outside in the Steelers’ 3-4 defense." As the article below notes, Moats may best be known for being the guy that ended Brett Favre's consecutive games played streak at 297. The acquisition of Moats gives the Steelers a little bit of breathing room at the linebacker spot but the team could still look to add some depth to the position through the draft or free agency.

Well that was a bit more unexpected. Good news though! Now we don't have to use a draft pick on it.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol at least we get a few extra picks

Mr-Burns-Saying-Excellent.gif

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the proposed rule changes that the NFL will consider is whether to penalize the use of racial slurs on the field with a 15 yard unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. For Mike Tomlin, while he does think that such a rule would be unnecessary (saying that players already know the level of acceptability of what to say on a football field), he doesn't think that the change would be difficult for teams to overcome either: "Personally, I think there is an initial response to it but then it will quickly subside, much like pads in the pants, if you will,” said Tomlin. “I think once you set a standard or reinforce that standard, guys quickly adjust and move on with life. That’s just my personal opinion. “It didn’t require any new rules, the language and stuff is already in place. The rule is very clear. There should not be any abusive or insulting language used on the football field. So more than anything, it’s about a clarification or point of emphasis in that area. I believe that our guys and all guys will quickly adjust and move on with life. And I think it’s appropriate. We are all in, of course, very visible positions and a lot of people look up to these men and how they play the game. We want to provide a positive image of that for the young people.” What do you think of the rule change?

Black and Gold Forever

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL is a whore... It will do anything for that extra dollar