• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

STEELERS MEDIA THREAD PART 2

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bored...

Friday Night Steelers Six Pack of questions and open thread: Offseason Edition, Vol. 7

1. In short, I'd say 50%. Has to be dually considered. Its easy to get caught up being enamored with freakish athleticism especially in today's NFL which has higher physical demands demands, but those combine grades won't always translate to the football field the way you envision it. IE Bud Dupree & Artie Burns. This has always been Tomlin's emphasis when drafting players, which has produced mixed results. Watt & Shazier are testament to that. Collegiate accolades should also weigh heavily. But the Jarvis Jones's of the world will tell you there are downsides to that as well. And as you might recall, Jones opted not to participate in the combine because of a bum knee or somethin rather. And he graded out poorly at his pro day. Those red flags ended up being big indicators.

2. Easy. Dysfunction. Look no further than the coaching staff. The players are just a side effect. Losing games by FGs & turnovers is also a side effect of poor coaching. No you can't blame the coach for Boz missing a FG, but you can blame them for deciding to keep him around long enough for him to be that liability. Also losing to teams by a FG that you had no business losing to in the first place...

3. ILB, CB, O-L/WR/Edge

4. Well given my age, my candidates are O'Donnell, Tomczak, Slash, or Tommy Maddox. Out of that crew I'd go with Maddox. Not favorable at all so I'll go against the grain and take someone lesser accomplished, Charlie Batch. He exemplified everything that the Steelers strived to stand for. Great character & professionalism. Something this team is desperate for nowadays.

5. Ew. Mendy I guess based on stats. Mendenhall was a 1000+yd rusher twice. He wasn't as good as he should have been though given the 1st Rd draft pick status. Amos was a 3rd down back type when the Steelers started throwing the ball more. But I don't think he ever eclipsed the 1k mark in a season. Even though neither is a desirable choice, they simply aren't in the same class.

6. NHL Penguins mainly. Used to follow the NBA & MLB, but after the Sonics left and the Mariners struggling to ever find relevancy I sorta lost interest with both sports. I'll still check in from time to time, and I don't mind being considered a fair-weather fan of those sports.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bored...

Friday Night Steelers Six Pack of questions and open thread: Offseason Edition, Vol. 7

1. In short, I'd say 50%. Has to be dually considered. Its easy to get caught up being enamored with freakish athleticism especially in today's NFL which has higher physical demands demands, but those combine grades won't always translate to the football field the way you envision it. IE Bud Dupree & Artie Burns. This has always been Tomlin's emphasis when drafting players, which has produced mixed results. Watt & Shazier are testament to that. Collegiate accolades should also weigh heavily. But the Jarvis Jones's of the world will tell you there are downsides to that as well. And as you might recall, Jones opted not to participate in the combine because of a bum knee or somethin rather. And he graded out poorly at his pro day. Those red flags ended up being big indicators.

2. Easy. Dysfunction. Look no further than the coaching staff. The players are just a side effect. Losing games by FGs & turnovers is also a side effect of poor coaching. No you can't blame the coach for Boz missing a FG, but you can blame them for deciding to keep him around long enough for him to be that liability. Also losing to teams by a FG that you had no business losing to in the first place...

3. ILB, CB, O-L/WR/Edge

4. Well given my age, my candidates are O'Donnell, Tomczak, Slash, or Tommy Maddox. Out of that crew I'd go with Maddox. Not favorable at all so I'll go against the grain and take someone lesser accomplished, Charlie Batch. He exemplified everything that the Steelers strived to stand for. Great character & professionalism. Something this team is desperate for nowadays.

5. Ew. Mendy I guess based on stats. Mendenhall was a 1000+yd rusher twice. He wasn't as good as he should have been though given the 1st Rd draft pick status. Amos was a 3rd down back type when the Steelers started throwing the ball more. But I don't think he ever eclipsed the 1k mark in a season. Even though neither is a desirable choice, they simply aren't in the same class.

6. NHL Penguins mainly. Used to follow the NBA & MLB, but after the Sonics left and the Mariners struggling to ever find relevancy I sorta lost interest with both sports. I'll still check in from time to time, and I don't mind being considered a fair-weather fan of those sports.

:bored2:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mangler

Dis-member
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, I Don’t think they ever really wanted to. The CBA/NFLPA fights would have been a shitshow, even before they could get the tag placed & attempt trade. Too much risk involved and would have dragged out for longer than they wanted. Take the 3rd comp & wash your hands clean of that shitstain.
Agree totolly, (but a small bit of me would have enjoyed seeing the Steelers stroking the Asshat with another tag:dhd:)

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree totolly, (but a small bit of me would have enjoyed seeing the Steelers stroking the Asshat with another tag:dhd:)
Me too. But think of how much sweeter it will be when he signs with a crappy team and they run him into the ground. He can have his paycheck, but decades from now nobody will remember his name. Just another talented dipshit that ruined his career.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
great player and totally class act! I have his autographed jersey hanging in my office.

No autograph collection is complete without a Troy and Hines.....IMO

Mangler

Dis-member
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No autograph collection is complete without a Troy and Hines.....IMO
Have a Full sized Hines Ward Helmet signed also, and Full sized Heath Miller(autographed "It's Miller Time") and Jack Lambert Full sized helmet "HOF 90"

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have a Full sized Hines Ward Helmet signed also, and Full sized Heath Miller(autographed "It's Miller Time") and Jack Lambert Full sized helmet "HOF 90"

Damn nice Dude!!!!

I've got a personally signed jersey from Hines, and and auto hat.
I've got 2 Big Ben hat and jersey
A Troy photo
A Keisel photo
A mini bus signed by the Bus
And unfortunately a Bell jersey signed....And for sale. (Fucker)

Mangler

Dis-member
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn nice Dude!!!!

I've got a personally signed jersey from Hines, and and auto hat.
I've got 2 Big Ben hat and jersey
A Troy photo
A Keisel photo
A mini bus signed by the Bus
And unfortunately a Bell jersey signed....And for sale. (Fucker)
Awesome!