• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Statistical analysis behind the choice to decline the 15yard penalty

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The drive before halftime in the Cowboy game. The first three drives after halftime in the Seattle game The decision not to take the first down at the 22 yard line and take the points off the board in the Cowboy game.

In general though just give the offense the opportunity to win the game for you rather than hamstringing them with the conservative play calling and making them play not to lose. I for one believe that Snmith has played his best football when he is freewheeling it in a two-minute type offense.

ok thanks.

will leave it at this cause then it'll start to get nit-picky. btw - i'm NOT saying we should continue with this offense all season, just saying its understandable we started out this way.

going forward, we go as the O-line syncs (run game included), not Alex Smith. if fans are still expecting All-Pro play from Alex Smith, God help you.

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
ok thanks.

will leave it at this cause then it'll start to get nit-picky. btw - i'm NOT saying we should continue with this offense all season, just saying its understandable we started out this way.
going forward, we go as the O-line syncs (run game included), not Alex Smith. if fans are still expecting All-Pro play from Alex Smith, God help you.

Agreed. But no one is saying Alex Smith needs to be All Pro, just above average and if he does not get the opportunity to try to live up to that then he has no chance to succeed.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The drive before halftime in the Cowboy game. The first three drives after halftime in the Seattle game The decision not to take the first down at the 22 yard line and take the points off the board in the Cowboy game.

In general though just give the offense the opportunity to win the game for you rather than hamstringing them with the conservative play calling and making them play not to lose. I for one believe that Smith has played his best football when he is freewheeling it in a two-minute type offense.

Spot-on & Repped!

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I like the way you think. Let's buy us an NFL team; whaddya say?

A football team would go nicely with my new car, caviar, four-star daydream!

...You and I are old school, spoiled by watching some of the most dominate football ever played by some of the very best to ever lace up a pair of cleats. What we are watching now is not even NFL compared to those days, and, to your well-stated point, there is no reason for it.

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
A football team would go nicely with my new car, caviar, four-star daydream!

...You and I are old school, spoiled by watching some of the most dominate football ever played by some of the very best to ever lace up a pair of cleats. What we are watching now is not even NFL compared to those days, and, to your well-stated point, there is no reason for it.

Ah, love how you worked the Pink Floyd reference in there. Well done!

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MW would be a terrible owner for a Franchise lol..... jk

Imagine, instead of $$ contracts, he offers Rep contracts....

ESPN: This week the newly owned 49ers signed Tom Brady to 150 Reps this week on a 7 yr deal. MW working hard this offseason...lol

JK

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

ESPN: This week the newly owned 49ers signed Tom Brady to 150 Reps this week on a 7 yr deal. MW working hard this offseason...lol

JK

I just gave you a rep for that

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol:

JK