• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

State of the WWE

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The perverted comments me and my brother make during the divas match are horrible. I seriously have watched the match and gone "Wait who won?", "its over?". Rofl

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be the first to admit that I don't watch the current product anymore. I try to still follow it (reading results) when I can. There are a few things that stand out. So if anything seems way off base, feel free to tell me.

1. Oversaturation. I think that they are having the same problem UFC does. They have way too many hours of programming to fill every week. I definitely don't see them cutting any of it out anytime soon with the Network. Which brings me to #2.

2. Lack of top stars. I do know that they are trying to push a few guys here and there. It just seems they do way too many of the start-stop pushes on a lot of guys that by the time they try to put guys in main event positions, they fail. Other than the top guys like Orton and Cena, there really hasn't been anyone to stay on top as a main eventer after a short length of time. This also brings me to point #3.

3. Lack of creative. The creative team hasn't been really strong for a long time. I'm sure this has a lot to do with Vince getting the final say. Back in the attitude era, guys had a lot more input with storylines and were able to adlib. While Russo definitely wasn't my favorite writer, he at least tried to come up with stuff for everyone on the roster. Right now, it seems like half the roster or more is just floundering in the mid card with nothing to do. And every time I see that a wrestler is let go because creative has nothing for them is insulting. Being a part of creative should mean that you create storylines for your talent roster. If you can't think of anything good, go to the wrestlers for input.

4. Lack of competition. I think that with there being no viable competition, and none on the horizon any time soon, Vince doesn't have that fire lit under his ass to improve. When Nitro was killing RAW every week in the ratings, Vince was forced to change his product because if he didn't, he could have very well been out of business around 97-98. And I would hate to see where wrestling would be now if that had happened because I still think WCW and ECW would have gone under around the same time regardless.

Last edited by a moderator:

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, Andy Kaufmann had better mic/ring skills than Roman Reigns…

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ti-MC_zH7E]Andy Kaufman Tribute- Man on the Moon - YouTube[/ame]

:L

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of Andy Kaufman,

#BOlieve…

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlywXct4hq4]A look at Bo Dallas' winning streak - YouTube[/ame]

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like how they've unified the belts, creating less gold, and then ignored the US Titles and IC Titles. There are PPV where these titles aren't even on the line and the champs are in MITB matches. Makes no sense (unless they won the briefcase I guess)

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reigns is a bit of a hack.

He has the look, that is it.

Clothesline, jumping clothesline, superman punch, weird outside ring kick, spear.

That is literally it.

Agree to some extent.

Cena in non pay-per-view matches is:

Get beat up, enter super cena, jumping shoulder off ropes, jumping shoulder off ropes, knuckle shuffle, AA, pin.

and that hasn't kept him from sitting on the championship

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
First, I will agree that CM Punk saved the business. His pipebomb almost seemed to change the era. However, he wasn't even close to what Shawn Michaels did for the business in the 90s. Shawn Michaels saved the business when all the top talent (Hogan, Rude, Hall, Nash to name a few) left WWF to go to WCW to get a better paying job. WCW was also very competitive with WWF at the time. CM Punk just made it more interesting, but there wasn't another territory or something to go on to.

I liked CM Punk, but I don't feel sorry for him whatsoever. All the top talent since WWE went national/worldwide shared the spotlight, especially during the Attitude Era. CM Punk also wanted people with a lot harder roads to WWF/E to give him respect because he was told "no" a few times or he had some stupid gimmick. At least, that is what I got out of his documentary (which I saw a few years ago).

Stone Cold saved the WWF during that time period

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Now Cesaro is in line for a title, this comes off the heels of them handing Barret the IC title after his shitty movie was completed (wtf was that about?). These guys have no character, Barret sort of does but really with the British tough guy angle?

Cesaro is arguably the best worker on their roster imo.

I hope they put the IC belt on him and have him put on great matches at every PPV. In the IC's titles golden era it was always considered the belt for the most talented wrestler. The World Champion should draw the money and the IC Champion keeps up the workrate. I think he can restore the prestige to the belt if he's booked properly

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys guys guys guys guys…

The state of the WWE is fine, you just have to…
raw-bolieve.jpg

Inimical

Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cesaro is arguably the best worker on their roster imo.

I hope they put the IC belt on him and have him put on great matches at every PPV. In the IC's titles golden era it was always considered the belt for the most talented wrestler. The World Champion should draw the money and the IC Champion keeps up the workrate. I think he can restore the prestige to the belt if he's booked properly

Hes a great worker, but he is so awkward on the mic. I need something to get behind besides that. Like he would be a great tag team, but they already tried that. So i dunno .

Inimical

Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like how they've unified the belts, creating less gold, and then ignored the US Titles and IC Titles. There are PPV where these titles aren't even on the line and the champs are in MITB matches. Makes no sense (unless they won the briefcase I guess)

There pretty much is little to no story behind the IC and US belts, i agree.

Inimical

Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be the first to admit that I don't watch the current product anymore. I try to still follow it (reading results) when I can. There are a few things that stand out. So if anything seems way off base, feel free to tell me.

1. Oversaturation. I think that they are having the same problem UFC does. They have way too many hours of programming to fill every week. I definitely don't see them cutting any of it out anytime soon with the Network. Which brings me to #2.

2. Lack of top stars. I do know that they are trying to push a few guys here and there. It just seems they do way too many of the start-stop pushes on a lot of guys that by the time they try to put guys in main event positions, they fail. Other than the top guys like Orton and Cena, there really hasn't been anyone to stay on top as a main eventer after a short length of time. This also brings me to point #3.

3. Lack of creative. The creative team hasn't been really strong for a long time. I'm sure this has a lot to do with Vince getting the final say. Back in the attitude era, guys had a lot more input with storylines and were able to adlib. While Russo definitely wasn't my favorite writer, he at least tried to come up with stuff for everyone on the roster. Right now, it seems like half the roster or more is just floundering in the mid card with nothing to do. And every time I see that a wrestler is let go because creative has nothing for them is insulting. Being a part of creative should mean that you create storylines for your talent roster. If you can't think of anything good, go to the wrestlers for input.

4. Lack of competition. I think that with there being no viable competition, and none on the horizon any time soon, Vince doesn't have that fire lit under his ass to improve. When Nitro was killing RAW every week in the ratings, Vince was forced to change his product because if he didn't, he could have very well been out of business around 97-98. And I would hate to see where wrestling would be now if that had happened because I still think WCW and ECW would have gone under around the same time regardless.

Over saturation and lack of competition is a huge problem. They sell merchandise by giving us a million guys and paying them in peanuts. Its really a damn shame.

Inimical

Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say If Bo wins the IC @ Battleground then the IC becomes more relevant than the WWEWHC, until Summer Slam anyway.

Oh dear god, Santino 2.0 LOL, but i see what you mean. It would be interesting, as they love to shoehorn shakeups. But then go nowhere with them!

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh dear god, Santino 2.0 LOL, but i see what you mean. It would be interesting, as they love to shoehorn shakeups. But then go nowhere with them!

Aww c'mon, he's better than Santino :bawling:

Inimical

Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aww c'mon, he's better than Santino :bawling:

Unfortunately for santino his recent neck injury has ended his career.

As far as Bo is concerned, his character is interesting. But his god awful smile makes me cringe. Hes a crocodile lol

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately for santino his recent neck injury has ended his career.

As far as Bo is concerned, his character is interesting. But his god awful smile makes me cringe. Hes a crocodile lol

:croc:
:laugh3:

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Hes a great worker, but he is so awkward on the mic. I need something to get behind besides that. Like he would be a great tag team, but they already tried that. So i dunno .

I agree he's not great on the mic. Guys who excel in all facets are rare.. Micheals, Angle, CM Punk, and Savage come to mind. But I think there should always be a place in the upper mid card/occasional main event territory for a talent like Cesaro. He should be booked in a similar role to Benoit from 10 years ago. He's not going to be a crossover, mainstream star, but he can make the main event guys look good in their matches