• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

State of the WWE

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just some things im frustrated about.

I like Rollins and im getting the feeling they really want to push him into a CM punk type character. Which unless he improves on the mic substantially he will never be. The problem with the new talent is that they suck on the mic. Bray is great, but wtf is he doing out there week after week? Someone said he needs a title, he really does. They are wasting him. Now Cesaro is in line for a title, this comes off the heels of them handing Barret the IC title after his shitty movie was completed (wtf was that about?). These guys have no character, Barret sort of does but really with the British tough guy angle? William regal didnt go too far with that shit lol.

To me the champ needs to be a Heel. We have Cena, who is in this weird, Babyface cause of little kids but hated by everyone over 16 position, that really is fucking up all storylines. The over saturation of wrestlers is really frustrating as well.

Why the shit was Lesner gone so long after his huge win? He had so much steam only be to wasted? I guess no one could see Daniel getting injured but Daniel really is just a catch phrase to me. He had alot of steam but it was fizzing out even before his injury.

Now the rumor is Lesnar will be the champ at Summerslam? If this is true, we are going to get another iteration of The Rock (who i love) who does not wrestle every Monday night or even show up as champion. WWE really fucked up opening this door to wrestlers in the future.

As a fan who watches week after week I'm really tired of story lines that just "end" (Big Show end of last year, Anything that has to do with the Wyatts, authority flip flopping, Big E Langston, Bautista and Orton just..Why seth rollins all of a sudden money in the bank? Why not Reigns? They split up the shield, now Orton is fighting Kane? i mean wtf), Storylines that go no where, 6 man tag matches, 4 man tag matches as main events as filler.

To me the most wasted talent is Dolph Ziggler, he sells every bump, he takes the bumps, hes an amazing wrestler, he has mic skills to match. Im all for Ziggler to be champion to be honest. What i would give to see a guy like Ziggler do some acrobatic shit while being attacked by 2 goons as opposed to the awkward bulky shit that Cena does. They do absolutely nothing with him. I think if you are like me, fans of the actual wrestling aspect of the WWE really appreciate a guy like Ziggler. Some others are RVD, Kofi Kingston, and the USOs. I really think the WWE has coddled their superstars to the point that they are content with shitty run of the mill, clothesline, irish whip, headlock, standing elbow drop, quick stomp, weird and awkward finishes, and just plain mind numbingly boring matches.

Why are they pushing Adam rose and Bo dallas on Raw instead of better more established, much more to offer guys?

The authority angle is tired, its just a revamped version of Vince except with 2 annoying presences doing it. I really would like to see Vince come back and take the reigns of that.

All in all i think the WWE is headed in a shitty direction all the way into next Wrestlmania i think.

They need a guy like CM punk now more then ever.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just some things im frustrated about.

I like Rollins and im getting the feeling they really want to push him into a CM punk type character. Which unless he improves on the mic substantially he will never be. The problem with the new talent is that they suck on the mic. Bray is great, but wtf is he doing out there week after week? Someone said he needs a title, he really does. They are wasting him. Now Cesaro is in line for a title, this comes off the heels of them handing Barret the IC title after his shitty movie was completed (wtf was that about?). These guys have no character, Barret sort of does but really with the British tough guy angle? William regal didnt go too far with that shit lol.

To me the champ needs to be a Heel. We have Cena, who is in this weird, Babyface cause of little kids but hated by everyone over 16 position, that really is fucking up all storylines. The over saturation of wrestlers is really frustrating as well.

Why the shit was Lesner gone so long after his huge win? He had so much steam only be to wasted? I guess no one could see Daniel getting injured but Daniel really is just a catch phrase to me. He had alot of steam but it was fizzing out even before his injury.

Now the rumor is Lesnar will be the champ at Summerslam? If this is true, we are going to get another iteration of The Rock (who i love) who does not wrestle every Monday night or even show up as champion. WWE really fucked up opening this door to wrestlers in the future.

As a fan who watches week after week I'm really tired of story lines that just "end" (Big Show end of last year, Anything that has to do with the Wyatts, authority flip flopping, Big E Langston, Bautista and Orton just..Why seth rollins all of a sudden money in the bank? Why not Reigns? They split up the shield, now Orton is fighting Kane? i mean wtf), Storylines that go no where, 6 man tag matches, 4 man tag matches as main events as filler.

To me the most wasted talent is Dolph Ziggler, he sells every bump, he takes the bumps, hes an amazing wrestler, he has mic skills to match. Im all for Ziggler to be champion to be honest. What i would give to see a guy like Ziggler do some acrobatic shit while being attacked by 2 goons as opposed to the awkward bulky shit that Cena does. They do absolutely nothing with him. I think if you are like me, fans of the actual wrestling aspect of the WWE really appreciate a guy like Ziggler. Some others are RVD, Kofi Kingston, and the USOs. I really think the WWE has coddled their superstars to the point that they are content with shitty run of the mill, clothesline, irish whip, headlock, standing elbow drop, quick stomp, weird and awkward finishes, and just plain mind numbingly boring matches.

Why are they pushing Adam rose and Bo dallas on Raw instead of better more established, much more to offer guys?

The authority angle is tired, its just a revamped version of Vince except with 2 annoying presences doing it. I really would like to see Vince come back and take the reigns of that.

All in all i think the WWE is headed in a shitty direction all the way into next Wrestlmania i think.

They need a guy like CM punk now more then ever.

Well, judging by this tweet, Punk is not happy at all with WWE's Punk documentary that airs tonight. Punk is DONE with WWE.
https://twitter.com/CMPunk/statuses/489192979916001280

Last edited by a moderator:

Inimical

Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, judging by this tweet, Punk is not happy at all with WWE's Punk documentary that airs tonight. Punk is DONE with WWE.
https://twitter.com/CMPunk/statuses/489192979916001280

I dont want to seem like a CM punk fanboy but CM really saved the company in a span where it was getting really stale between 09-2013. To put him on the backburner was really stupid. Though he had some big matches they really should have kept him in title contention, he just adds so much to the storylines, his character is brilliant. As much as i love CM punk i hate him too, when he left, only the fans suffered.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things that I hate is how they push talent up so fast. They have so much talent that were belt contenders or holders and then dropped. I think Bray is perfect where he is at. Don't give him a belt right now. Maybe the USA belt...maybe. I did not want Rollins to win the contract or Reigns to win the best at MITB. Too soon.

Ziggler needs to be much bigger. He has earned it. I also think Dusty Rhodes' boys should be bigger too.

Inimical

Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things that I hate is how they push talent up so fast. They have so much talent that were belt contenders or holders and then dropped. I think Bray is perfect where he is at. Don't give him a belt right now. Maybe the USA belt...maybe. I did not want Rollins to win the contract or Reigns to win the best at MITB. Too soon.

Ziggler needs to be much bigger. He has earned it. I also think Dusty Rhodes' boys should be bigger too.

Yeah its amazing. They seem to be using Ziggler as a workhorse to carry Smackdown and Main event. Which sucks for him personally. They really are pushing guys into the fold much too quickly. I agree in establishing talent but look at how slow the build up for bryant was and how awesome that turned out for them. IMO Reigns has a lot more following then Rollins. I guess Rollins winning MITB was just a shoehorn to shake things up. Hes a great wrestler and i appreciate that. But why in gods name is Orton still in the fold. I like him too but after THIS long he still cant talk on mic. Hes OKAY. Reigns is really shaky but he just started so he can build in time. These groups are a byproduct of just having too many damn wrestlers. Then they do silly things, remember when Brian joined the Wyatts? lol. They backed out of that one quick! Just another fumbling buffoonery that the WWE has displayed this year. Ughhh i can barely watch the last few weeks.

The best thing WWE has going for them right now is

Last edited by a moderator:

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know we are trying to clean the board of nsfw images, right?

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont want to seem like a CM punk fanboy but CM really saved the company in a span where it was getting really stale between 09-2013. To put him on the backburner was really stupid. Though he had some big matches they really should have kept him in title contention, he just adds so much to the storylines, his character is brilliant. As much as i love CM punk i hate him too, when he left, only the fans suffered.

First, I will agree that CM Punk saved the business. His pipebomb almost seemed to change the era. However, he wasn't even close to what Shawn Michaels did for the business in the 90s. Shawn Michaels saved the business when all the top talent (Hogan, Rude, Hall, Nash to name a few) left WWF to go to WCW to get a better paying job. WCW was also very competitive with WWF at the time. CM Punk just made it more interesting, but there wasn't another territory or something to go on to.

I liked CM Punk, but I don't feel sorry for him whatsoever. All the top talent since WWE went national/worldwide shared the spotlight, especially during the Attitude Era. CM Punk also wanted people with a lot harder roads to WWF/E to give him respect because he was told "no" a few times or he had some stupid gimmick. At least, that is what I got out of his documentary (which I saw a few years ago).

Inimical

Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, I will agree that CM Punk saved the business. His pipebomb almost seemed to change the era. However, he wasn't even close to what Shawn Michaels did for the business in the 90s. Shawn Michaels saved the business when all the top talent (Hogan, Rude, Hall, Nash to name a few) left WWF to go to WCW to get a better paying job. WCW was also very competitive with WWF at the time. CM Punk just made it more interesting, but there wasn't another territory or something to go on to.

I liked CM Punk, but I don't feel sorry for him whatsoever. All the top talent since WWE went national/worldwide shared the spotlight, especially during the Attitude Era. CM Punk also wanted people with a lot harder roads to WWF/E to give him respect because he was told "no" a few times or he had some stupid gimmick. At least, that is what I got out of his documentary (which I saw a few years ago).

I think we could use someone like him, perferably him. Also, i do not feel sorry for him either. In fact i kind of hate him since he left.

For those of you who didnt witness the brilliance that was CM Punks golden years. Enjoy

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They miss too many opportunities. My gut feeling tells me they'll find a way to screw up Reigns/Rusev/Wyatt.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reigns is a bit of a hack.

He has the look, that is it.

Clothesline, jumping clothesline, superman punch, weird outside ring kick, spear.

That is literally it.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reigns is a bit of a hack.

He has the look, that is it.

Clothesline, jumping clothesline, superman punch, weird outside ring kick, spear.

That is literally it.

:agree:

I don't mind him as a midcarder but I hate him as a main eventer.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reigns should be a part of a tag team IMO. As an individual performer he sucks.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rusev > Reigns

Even on the mic

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reigns is actually making me a fan of Cena & Orton again.

Heck, I'll take Kane over Reigns as well.

Inimical

Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reason i like Reigns is that he is very intense, and has great in ring timing. His wrestling is average at best and his mic skills suck ass. He can definitely build on both. Certainty has the look.

Really the entire shield has a lot of potential. I would perfer to see everyone split, no more tag matches. And drop guys like Cesaro, Big E, Adam Rose, Bo dallas, Miz, shameus, Fandango, The wyatts minus Bray, Swagger. Basically keep Raw to mostly 1v1 matches, build individuals, build up their characters along side with others individually. Thats what they used to do! The IC title and its contenders can stay on raw. Move divas over to Smackdown mainly. Along with Tag team mainly. And have those last 2 divisions occasionally on raw.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reason i like Reigns is that he is very intense, and has great in ring timing. His wrestling is average at best and his mic skills suck ass. He can definitely build on both. Certainty has the look.

Really the entire shield has a lot of potential. I would perfer to see everyone split, no more tag matches. And drop guys like Cesaro, Big E, Adam Rose, Bo dallas, Miz, shameus, Fandango, The wyatts minus Bray, Swagger. Basically keep Raw to mostly 1v1 matches, build individuals, build up their characters along side with others individually. Thats what they used to do! The IC title and its contenders can stay on raw. Move divas over to Smackdown mainly. Along with Tag team mainly. And have those last 2 divisions occasionally on raw.

I agree with everything besides bringing down the Divas to Smackdown. AJ belongs on Raw.

Inimical

Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean what happened to 1v1 title matches at ppv being built up between the top 2 superstars, and then have an under card that actually makes you hype. Like Wrestlemania x7 Stone cold/Rock, vince/shane? Im glad they "Unified the titles" but this also created another problem. Now you have guys constantly teaming up cause theres one less belt.

:L:L:L:doh::noidea:

Inimical

Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, divas and tag teams could be the only 2 divisions to flip flop, occasionaly on Raw. I wouldnt want them exclusive to Smackdown. Plus i enjoy me some AJ short shorts.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean what happened to 1v1 title matches at ppv being built up between the top 2 superstars, and then have an under card that actually makes you hype. Like Wrestlemania x7 Stone cold/Rock, vince/shane? Im glad they "Unified the titles" but this also created another problem. Now you have guys constantly teaming up cause theres one less belt.

:L:L:L:doh::noidea:

True true

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, divas and tag teams could be the only 2 divisions to flip flop, occasionaly on Raw. I wouldnt want them exclusive to Smackdown. Plus i enjoy me some AJ short shorts.

I <3 AJ :nod: