• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Starting 5 today

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing it's:

Andrew Bogut
David Lee
Harrison Barnes
Andre Iguodala
Stephen Curry

What does the bench look like right now?

Klay Thompson
Festus Ezeli
Draymond Green
Kent Bazemore

...?

DonyellFreak

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better than Hardaway, Spee, Mullin, Webber and Seikaly? The team that never was after we traded Owens C-Web brought the curse that last for most of the last twenty seasons.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better than Hardaway, Spee, Mullin, Webber and Seikaly? The team that never was after we traded Owens C-Web brought the curse that last for most of the last twenty seasons.

Are you God? You seem to be everywhere.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Barnes and Thompson keep improving...watch out.

Go Dubs!

DonyellFreak

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you God? You seem to be everywhere.

8wfur8.jpg

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our starting 5 most likely will be:

PG: Curry
SG: Klay
SF: Iggy
PF: Lee
C: Bogut

Barnes will likely come off the bench because he can pretty much spell anyone from 1-4. Whoever is off to a rough start will get an early hook and Barnes will come in to fit any of those positions. Iggy starts because he essentially has the ability to run the offense through him (which Jack did a lot last year), and allow Curry and Klay to play off screens. Iggy's also a much better defender and helps out our perimeter defense tremendously.

Even though I think Klay will start, on games he's not got it going early, he's going to get a quick hook. Same with David Lee.

DonyellFreak

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our starting 5 most likely will be:

PG: Curry
SG: Klay
SF: Iggy
PF: Lee
C: Bogut

Barnes will likely come off the bench because he can pretty much spell anyone from 1-4. Whoever is off to a rough start will get an early hook and Barnes will come in to fit any of those positions. Iggy starts because he essentially has the ability to run the offense through him (which Jack did a lot last year), and allow Curry and Klay to play off screens. Iggy's also a much better defender and helps out our perimeter defense tremendously.

Even though I think Klay will start, on games he's not got it going early, he's going to get a quick hook. Same with David Lee.

I agree I think HB will come off the bench but that might change depending on who's playing well being in a given starting five night to night.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't matter who starts, it matters who finishes

Signed Jarrett Jack/Carl Landry '12-'13

My point is, FE stated 75+ games, and literally only played 10 mins or less in many games.

Klays the most consistent shooter out of the 3, and I'd expect him to start because of that, Iggy was a started 80 games in the regular season, so its probably HB who goes to be bench.

HB should still see 30+ mins a night though, it just speaks to the quality of players ahead of him.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing it's:

Andrew Bogut
David Lee
Harrison Barnes
Andre Iguodala
Stephen Curry

What does the bench look like right now?

Klay Thompson
Festus Ezeli
Draymond Green
Kent Bazemore

...?

I don't like them having Thompson take a step back in favor of Iguadola. Iguadola is a shell of what he once was and averaged a mere 13 points a game last year for an up tempo team. Thompson is just as good if not better.

ChuckDurn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't like them having Thompson take a step back in favor of Iguadola. Iguadola is a shell of what he once was and averaged a mere 13 points a game last year for an up tempo team. Thompson is just as good if not better.

Iggy's biggest contribution won't be scoring, and it shouldn't be. He will be at least the third or fourth offensive option on the court this year, and I expect his scoring efficiency to go up, even if his points don't. What Iggy will bring is brains, intensity, defense, leadership. I suspect we're going to see a lot of nights where he plays 30 minutes, scores 12 points, gets 7 rebounds, 8 assists, and shuts down his opposing wing. That's exactly the kind of balance we need. If he's out there trying to get 20 points, we've screwed something up when we have Curry, Lee, Thompson, and Barnes on the team.

ChuckDurn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that one of our starters next year isn't on the roster right now.

I suspect there's more to come.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have to get guys with the trade exceptions. So salary dumps from other teams.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iggy's biggest contribution won't be scoring, and it shouldn't be. He will be at least the third or fourth offensive option on the court this year, and I expect his scoring efficiency to go up, even if his points don't. What Iggy will bring is brains, intensity, defense, leadership. I suspect we're going to see a lot of nights where he plays 30 minutes, scores 12 points, gets 7 rebounds, 8 assists, and shuts down his opposing wing. That's exactly the kind of balance we need. If he's out there trying to get 20 points, we've screwed something up when we have Curry, Lee, Thompson, and Barnes on the team.

I'd settle for that.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where is Jarrett Jack going to end up?

ChuckDurn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Where is Jarrett Jack going to end up?

I'm going to throw Atlanta into the mix for Jack. They apparently haven't done much to try to bring Teague back, and Jack went to Georgia Tech. They could be a darkhorse for him.

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
They have to get guys with the trade exceptions. So salary dumps from other teams.

I don't have a doubt in my mind that the Dubs' ownership will allow Myers to get a player via trade using (at least part of) the exception. I think Myers will do his best to stay out of the luxury tax area if he can. And what I mean by that is that he's not going to use the exception just to use it. But if the perfect scenario presents itself sometime during the season, I fully believe he'll go for it and use the exceptions to make the team better - luxury tax be damned.

This new group is a stark contrast to the Cohan days when we as fans just knew that the team would think about money first and on-court performance second.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL, Owens might have been the curse when we traded Richmond for him.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dont underrate Iggy man he's still a star. made the team 6 points better per100 possessions. which was good for 13th in the NBA. He's the best wing defender in the NBA right now!! The reason Denver won so many games last year because of Igoudala