• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Start Weeden

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was all for giving Cassel a shot, and I think both guys have equally sucked. The only reason I think it makes sense now, is that with Dez back, Weedens bigger arm and at least the threat of throwing deep might open the field up some. I saw a couple of times yesterday when Dez had a step on Sherman and Cassel threw up what looked like a shanked punt.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he struggles the first half of the Eagles game, I can see him getting pulled.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jamiel showers probably gives us a better shot at winning. Weeded and Cassell SUCK

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit, I'd start Garrett at this point...

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit, I'd start Garrett at this point...

I really thought Jason Garrett was the least talented Qb to ever play in the NFL. Aikman used to throw a 15 yard out pattern on a rope. I swear Garrets had an arc in it. Aikman always missed a couple of games a yr it seemed . I used to get so pissed at Rodney Peete because he would always have some ailment bothering him forcing Garrett to play. Garrett was so smart though he made it work.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really am actually shocked that JG hasn't managed to pull a few of these games out. I know he was undermanned and still is somewhat and they are playing hard. It just seems too difficult right now. It seems like we are getting worse in some areas.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weeded or Moore should be starting. Cassell is probably one of the 5 worse QB's in the league

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it matters. Both guys have shown why they're backups.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could be wrong but Cassel looked very free wheeling against the Giants, unfettered and much like the style he is known to have. but he did have 3 ints

But last week he looked scripted. You get the feeling he was given an Int prevention game plan that overcompensated. I hate blaming the coaching staff but if we are going to assess Cassel's performance i'm not sure we have a good enough sample.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could be wrong but Cassel looked very free wheeling against the Giants, unfettered and much like the style he is known to have. but he did have 3 ints

But last week he looked scripted. You get the feeling he was given an Int prevention game plan that overcompensated. I hate blaming the coaching staff but if we are going to assess Cassel's performance i'm not sure we have a good enough sample.
I'm not sure if it was the coaches or his own hesitance, but I agree on the difference. It was like he played afraid to take a chance or make a mistake...or in short, like Weeden...

Mrhappi06

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't understand this field position football that we are playing. You have to put up points and take chances to win. My biggest fear is that because it almost worked, that we will see it again Monday and end up with another L.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure if it was the coaches or his own hesitance, but I agree on the difference. It was like he played afraid to take a chance or make a mistake...or in short, like Weeden...
I have to put it on the coaches. Cassel was throwing it downfield his first start, and looked like Weeden 2.0 last week. I understand conservative, but you have to throw it downfield 3-4 times a game. You can still play it safe, tell the QB to hit the pass or overthrown it, even incomplete deep passes open the field up. Also.......I HATE it when it's 3rd and 2 and they line up with no WR's, like they are getting ready for a rugby scrum, and hand it off and get shelled. Just putting Dez out wide takes 2 defenders away from the line of scrimmage

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say start Kellen Moore.

Who cares if he's not tall enough to ride a roller coaster.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys release Brandon Weeden, Tony Romo appears set to return
By Ryan Wilson | CBSSports.com

November 17, 2015 12:58 pm ET

First, Tony Romo tweeted the "Well, I guess there's only one thing left to do ... win the whole f------ thing" scene from Major League, indicating, among other things, that he'd return to the lineup this week after missing seven games with a broken clavicle.

Then the Cowboys announced Tuesday that Brandon Weeden, that man who replaced the injured Romo in September -- and who has subsequently been replaced by journeyman Matt Cassel -- had been released.

It's been a tough 24 hours for gingers.

Weeden signed with the Cowboys before the 2014 season, after two forgettable years in Cleveland, where he was drafted 22nd overall in 2012. He made four starts in Dallas, including three this season.

Despite Weeden completing 72.4 percent of his throws in 2015, the team turned to Cassel because, according to owner Jerry Jones, "Weeden was so conservative."

On Tuesday, Jones sounded like Romo was all but assured to play this Sunday against the Dolphins.

"He's razor sharp as to the practicing of what we're trying to put on the field with our game plan, so that's just not an issue," Jones told CBS Sports Radio's 105.3 The Fan. "He's in it and in it in a big way. He can spend the time really going over where we had opportunities, not second-guessing, but just breaking it down, for what we did against Tampa the other day, what we did or didn't do against Philadelphia.

"He's in it and he's sharp. He's also really moving the ball around good at practice, so all of those things make it feel optimistic to me."

At 2-7, the Cowboys face long odds to make a playoff push. Meanwhile, the chances are better than Weeden finds work since the NFL is a passing league woefully short of passers.

brandon-weeden-great-offseason.jpg
The Brandon Weeden era is over in Dallas. (USATSI)