• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Start or Sit? Week 1!

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Start TB12 or Ryan?

TB's OL is going up against that Dallas defense.....meanwhile Ryan gets his 1st start with the Colts against the Texans.

Tempted to go with the greatest but I really want to see how he does with that OL 1st and Ryan could have a huge game against Houston's defense.
You could miss a 5 TD day. Why be scared of Dallas? Tom will get it out quick.

Reactions: DJ

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,246.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could miss a 5 TD day. Why be scared of Dallas? Tom will get it out quick.
Starting TB but his OL is shaky and Dallas has a really good defense with a good DC.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starting TB but his OL is shaky and Dallas has a really good defense with a good DC.
Week 1 you start the best player and live with the result. I'm not starting Ryan over him week 1

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Non-PPR - one WR

Lazard, Kirk or Gallup (no decision yet so leaning away from Gallup)

PPR - one RB/WR/TE

M Carter, R Moore, Knox, Slatyon, Higbee, R Higgins, DPJ - Godwin seems to be out so a lot of less than stellar options

Non-PPR - one RB

A Gibson (vs JAX), E Mitchell (vs CHI), Dobbins (vs NYJ)
Kirk, other two prob won't play. Defensive breakdowns week 1 could give Kirk a big play and the Jags paid him so he'll have opportunities.

Knox, Top offense and a probably high scoring game. Get the Thursday lead.

Mitchell, go with Shanny until he screws you with a different back.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 WRs and Flex? Or you have more WRs to start?

He’s been doing well with Arod from I am hearing

One league is a standard points, three WR (or two with a second TE)
One is a PPR, three WR plus a flex.
One is a standard points dynasty, two WR and a flex (he is my flex).

I don’t accept that Lazard is the gainer in GB. Watkins is clearly the superior player who is just a punch line for injury jokes…rightfully so.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One is a PPR, three WR

I don’t accept that Lazard is the gainer in GB. Watkins is clearly the superior player who is just a punch line for injury jokes…rightfully so.

Lazard is a good blocker with not great speed but not awful speed.

Im with you. I think we see more running and Defense from the packers. Until ARod and those WRs get on the same page. I’d be surprised to see a rookie flourish in that offense year 1

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lazard is a good blocker with not great speed but not awful speed.

Im with you

Watkins is a great blocker. If he had working hammies, his story would be different.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watkins is a great blocker. If he had working hammies, his story would be different.

Man I remember him at Clempsun. Dude was bad ass and would not go down. That caused some injuries imo. Hopkins was the clear #2 there

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One is a PPR, three WR plus a flex.

first couple weeks i have no issues trusting Lazard, beyond that, I fully expect any or all three of the rookies to blow right by him, Watkins is the obvious superior athlete, but does he make it past pre game warmups? halftime? ya just never know. I'm certainly not expecting him to be in the mix very long

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
first couple weeks i have no issues trusting Lazard, beyond that, I fully expect any or all three of the rookies to blow right by him, Watkins is the obvious superior athlete, but does he make it past pre game warmups? halftime? ya just never know. I'm certainly not expecting him to be in the mix very long

Which is why week one is the best time to start him.

180 and 3 on my bench a couple years ago.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As to TB12 v Matty Ice..that's not even a question. TB12 is matchup proof, and while Dallas has strong playmakers on defense, which is great for a fantasy D/ST, that by no means equates that they'll have a great overall NFL defense. If the pass rush doesn't get home, and it won't more than 3-4 times tops, and Brady doesn't throw in Diggs general direction, they can be scored on very easily. TB12 should have been the league MVP last year, led the world in virtually everything, and even sounds like he'll have a full compliment of Evans, Julio, and Godwin on the field. He's the easy call
Matty Ice has Michael Pittman and a quickly declining arm, and the best 'running', running back in the league, no reason to assume he gets any scores, they might all be J. Taylor rushing scores

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is why week one is the best time to start him.

180 and 3 on my bench a couple years ago.
And that was the last week he was worthy of a start. I'm sure he was on virtually everyone's bench that week.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not ever buying into Watkins again, he's been fools gold most of his career, IDK why that would change.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really good defense doesn't necessarily mean a bad fantasy day for a great QB. If Brady gets sacked or has trouble finding open guys on a few downs, or the run gets stuffed, that gives Dallas a better chance to win the game, but doesn't really hurt Brady in terms of FF. It hurts mediocre QBs because as the game goes on Ds pin their ears back and get after them and they lose their cool.

What would hurt Brady the most is if the Bucs don't need much from him. He has his worst days when the other team doesn't score much or when the Bucs dominate via turnovers and the run game.

Bottom line: don't be afraid to start a great QB or WR against a great D.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As to TB12 v Matty Ice..that's not even a question. TB12 is matchup proof, and while Dallas has strong playmakers on defense, which is great for a fantasy D/ST, that by no means equates that they'll have a great overall NFL defense. If the pass rush doesn't get home, and it won't more than 3-4 times tops, and Brady doesn't throw in Diggs general direction, they can be scored on very easily. TB12 should have been the league MVP last year, led the world in virtually everything, and even sounds like he'll have a full compliment of Evans, Julio, and Godwin on the field. He's the easy call
Matty Ice has Michael Pittman and a quickly declining arm, and the best 'running', running back in the league, no reason to assume he gets any scores, they might all be J. Taylor rushing scores
Even with Diggs, he has a lot of interceptions, but he also gives up a lot of big plays. Be interesting to see if Godwin really does suit up. I don't think anybody thought that was a realistic possibility a month ago.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even with Diggs, he has a lot of interceptions, but he also gives up a lot of big plays. Be interesting to see if Godwin really does suit up. I don't think anybody thought that was a realistic possibility a month ago.
true, he's no traditional 'lock down defensive back' much more of a Jalen Ramsey with better ball skills, than a in his prime Darrel Revis

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Standard points... Pick my RB2, WR2 & Flex

RB2: C Patterson, B Hall, or AJ Dillon

WR2: Waddle, D Johnson, M Thomas, or Kirk

Flex: Anybody from above

Dillon
Kirk
Patterson

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
players in bold are the ones I'm leaning towards right now

1) 12tm half ppr - pick two:
Evans v DAL, Fournette v DAL, Penny v DEN, Bateman v NYJ, DJ Moore v CLE, Eli Moore v BAL

2) 12tm half ppr - pick one:
Bateman v NYJ, Patterson v NO

3) 12tm half ppr - pick one:
Diontae v CIN, Cooks v IND, B Hall v BAL, Hunt v CAR (will pivot to Cooks if Diontae's shoulder holds him out)

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
players in bold are the ones I'm leaning towards right now

1) 12tm half ppr - pick two:
Evans v DAL, Fournette v DAL, Penny v DEN, Bateman v NYJ, DJ Moore v CLE, Eli Moore v BAL

2) 12tm half ppr - pick one:
Bateman v NYJ, Patterson v NO

3) 12tm half ppr - pick one:
Diontae v CIN, Cooks v IND, B Hall v BAL, Hunt v CAR (will pivot to Cooks if Diontae's shoulder holds him out)

Agree, Evans and Fournette

Might be on an island here but Patterson. I see a nice role for him in ATL with Ridley out

Cooks

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,246.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rolling with TB. Godwin playing would be a nice bonus.