• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Star Wars Rebels

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Season 3 is great and I recommend it to any Star Wars fans that may be out there. Grand Admiral Thrawn is one of the best characters I've come across in this series. Season 1 is a bit difficult to get through, Season 2 is a bit better but Season 3 is awesome thanks to Disney and connects to the films much more than the previous seasons.

The Clone Wars animated series has it's high and low points but if you can get through that then Rebels becomes more enjoyable. None of the previous content is really required though. You can still enjoy it if you just want to see Season 3. Give it a shot if you want more Star Wars.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Season 3 is great and I recommend it to any Star Wars fans that may be out there. Grand Admiral Thrawn is one of the best characters I've come across in this series. Season 1 is a bit difficult to get through, Season 2 is a bit better but Season 3 is awesome thanks to Disney and connects to the films much more than the previous seasons.

The Clone Wars animated series has it's high and low points but if you can get through that then Rebels becomes more enjoyable. None of the previous content is really required though. You can still enjoy it if you just want to see Season 3. Give it a shot if you want more Star Wars.
Wasn't Thrawn a character from the early EU books?

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't Thrawn a character from the early EU books?

Correct, much to the delight of fans of the EU, he's been brought back. I never read those books so I don't know much about his character there, but his character on Rebels is awesome.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have not seen the Rebels, but I really love the Clone Wars. Just curious, do you think Grand Admiral Thrawn will be in the new Star Wars 8 Last Jedi? I really would love to see Del Toro character play Thrawn. Love that guy.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https%3A%2F%2Fblueprint-api-production.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fuploads%2Fcard%2Fimage%2F146997%2Fthrawn.jpg

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have not seen the Rebels, but I really love the Clone Wars. Just curious, do you think Grand Admiral Thrawn will be in the new Star Wars 8 Last Jedi? I really would love to see Del Toro character play Thrawn. Love that guy.

If you love Clone Wars then I think you'll love Rebels too. Clone Wars had some really great moments and many characters from the Clone Wars make a return in Rebels. You can consider Rebels a continuation of sorts.

As for Grand Admiral Thrawn, I can't really say for sure but I'd say based on his character in Rebels, that it is highly likely that he survived the Empire's defeat and could come to power within the First Order. He loves the art of war more than victory and defeat, so I don't think he'd be phased at all to see the Empire crumble. It's just nice to have an Imperial Admiral that is not only competent, but someone who you could consider a mastermind. Based on the fans of the EU who I've heard tout season 3, I'd say his character is probably unchanged for the most part. Many people believe Thrawn was one of the best parts of the EU, so it's nice to see Disney recognize and take from things they've eliminated from the canon.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are they ever gonna show it on the original Disney channel like the past seasons? I don't get the XD channel and I suppose I could just get it by illicit means but I'm too lazy atm

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clone Wars was soooo much better than Rebels has been so far, but Rebels is still worthy of watching.

Tonight’s episodes were solid, though. Strong connections to the movies (Rogue One, specifically) and it got a bit more brutal than it has gotten before. The brutality of Clone Wars was one of the things I really liked. I actually thought CWs, at times, got a bit too brutal for it to be a kids show.