• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Star Wars: final rankings (worst)

Star Wars: final rankings (worst)

• Ep1 Phantom Menace

• Ep2 Attack of the Clones

• Ep3 Revenge of the Sith

• Ep4 A New Hope

• Ep5 The Empire Strikes Back

• Ep6 Return of the Jedi

• Ep7 The Force Awakens

• Ep8 The Last Jedi

• Ep9 Rise of Skywalker

• Rogue One

• Solo

Results are only viewable after voting.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's definitely a difference for me in looking at these films as just films and as Star Wars films. VIII was a pretty good film if you just view it independently, it just didn't do it for me as a Star Wars film whereas IX had pretty much the opposite effect.

Independently is the key word. I think Last Jedi would’ve been a solid B scify movie. But it was apart of a Star Wars, hell even rattle of any trilogy. It made zero sense as it disregarded the previous movie and left next to nothing for a follow up movie. I’m just a big fan of storylines and Star Wars has always been a great story in terms of flowing and making individual storylines within itself at least making sense and Last Jedi spit all over the previous 7 movies and left next to nothing for the 9th story. Just a simple example of story telling is Snoke lying about Rey’s lineage is good story telling had Snoke not died. Makes no sense to bring something like that up then she can’t avenge his lie after she finds out the truth.

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just rewatched E1. So. Damn. Boring.

just like with all three prequels and three sequels: the audience member is just watching things happen to characters on the screen. There’s no story which captures you or character motivations that move you. Sad.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just rewatched E1. So. Damn. Boring.

just like with all three prequels and three sequels: the audience member is just watching things happen to characters on the screen. There’s no story which captures you or character motivations that move you. Sad.

Yah... they were trying to setup something that really didn't work out... I applaud Lucas for trying. Honestly they should've just started with Episode 2 and split that into two episodes and focus WAY more on Obi-Wan and some of the interactions between Obi-Anakin: Their time training, battling, etc.

EP2 beginning: "That time you saved me when we fell into a nest of Gan-Darks (or whatever)"
SHOW US THAT SCENE and WHAT BUILT UP TO IT! Was Anakin struggling with training and getting some reprimand from Obi-Wan which created some of his resentment towards Obi-Wan (which would've made his bitch fest to Padme WAY more sense)? And during a training scene they fell into a nest, and Anakin saved Obi-Wan showing Obi he was stronger and a greater padawan than he thought? That alone is 30 minutes of INTERESTING/FUN/ADVENTURE screen time.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard alot of negative stuff about TLJ but I actually enjoyed it:noidea:.

Could it have been better in some areas? Yea probably but I still enjoyed it.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah... they were trying to setup something that really didn't work out... I applaud Lucas for trying. Honestly they should've just started with Episode 2 and split that into two episodes and focus WAY more on Obi-Wan and some of the interactions between Obi-Anakin: Their time training, battling, etc.

EP2 beginning: "That time you saved me when we fell into a nest of Gan-Darks (or whatever)"
SHOW US THAT SCENE and WHAT BUILT UP TO IT! Was Anakin struggling with training and getting some reprimand from Obi-Wan which created some of his resentment towards Obi-Wan (which would've made his bitch fest to Padme WAY more sense)? And during a training scene they fell into a nest, and Anakin saved Obi-Wan showing Obi he was stronger and a greater padawan than he thought? That alone is 30 minutes of INTERESTING/FUN/ADVENTURE screen time.
I am a believer in the Darth JarJar theory. I think a lot of Ep 1 was setting up the JarJar swerve. They just didn’t have the balls to follow through with their initial plans.

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just rewatched E2.

so I’ve just confirmed for myself: Yup. 1 and 2 ARE better than 8 and 9. Sad. I wouldn’t have thunk it possible.

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Final bump. Will tally at the end of the week. Make or edit your votes.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom 5(starting with worst

1. Last Jedi
2. Rogue One
3. Attack of the Clones
4. Return of the Jedi
5. Phantom Menace

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RESULTS:
I weighed positive votes more for the top of the list and negative votes more for the bottom.

MOVIE POS NEG

1. Empire 27 1
2. New Hope 23 2
3. Rogue One 21 5
4. Return Jedi 20 2
5. Revenge Sith 13 6
6. Force Awakens 12 5
7. Rise Skywalker 10 4
8. Solo 5 10
9. Last Jedi 3 16
10. Attack Clones 0 16
11. Phantom Menace 1 17

Of course, there are other ways to break down the data. Rogue only got one more positive than Return, but three more negs. And Phantom got the most votes on the Neg column, but it did get one Positive.

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So bad

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bumping your own thread is a douchebag move.