• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Star Wars Episode 7: The Force Awakens (2015)

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then you probably wouldn't enjoy this thread.
*Or are you gay and you're trying to claim Star Wars for gay culture. We don't judge, there's enough SW for everyone.

Come on guys...can we at least agree that Han shot first, not Greedo, and that being a nerd doesn't necessarily mean you're a fheg, just that the odds are increased exponentially? :happy:

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like that Abrams isn't divulging the overall plot in the trailers. I want to be surprised as much I can seeing it for the first time. I'm sure within hours of its first showing there will be people posting every single detail of the movie online, but I'm going to try to avoid as much of that as possible.

The trailer was visually satisfying and the music sounds amazing. And was nice to see Liea finally. I'm sure the exclusion of Luke was done on purpose to keep you guessing and will probably finally see him in the last trailer to get the final nerdgasm released and everyone jazzed up to go see the movie.

You also knew a bunch of Aholes were going to buy up all the first weeks tickets trying to scalp them for ridiculous prices. This is only going to make it worse the first week as many theaters will have open seats all over the showings cause these clowns couldnt sell them and they end up unused.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LINK CONTAINS SPOILERS

A Compiled Synopsis of Star Wars: The Force Awakens. | MakingStarWars.net

Stumbled upon this today and after much temptation, I broke down and read it. It is basically a summary of the entire movie based on all that's leaked out over several months so MASSIVE SPOILERS.

DO NOT CLICK THE LINK UNLESS YOU WANT TO READ MASSIVE SPOILERS

Figured I'd share for anyone that's interested. I remember reading one for episode 3 that was basically spot on so I figure this will pretty much be the movie as well. I won't comment on it obviously other than to say it should be a good movie with one or two (at least one for sure) HOLY SHIT moments.

Posted this back in May and after seeing the trailer last night (and bits of news/pics sense), they line up pretty darn well to that supposed full script. I'd go so far to say I'm 75% that is the entire plot in that link. So yeah, if you just can't wait, give it read. Otherwise, be aware of MASSIVE SPOILERS.

Also, without spoiling anything, the major event in this new movie would actually parallel an event from A New Hope rather nicely. It's not exactly the same but its still the same sort of vibe.

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That can't be Finn that Rey is crying about, could it? I mean, we see Finn fighting Kylo, and we know (or should know by now) Finn isn't a Jedi, not to mention his face looks like he's about to piss himself as Kylo is about to take a swing. We also see Leia, who's pretty damn tough, crying in the arms of Han, whom most seem to speculate will bite the big one and that's the only reason Ford came back. I mean, it's probably a dead Han, especially as one would assume Disney is set on pushing young characters and merchandise via the new trilogy, but is there any chance they actually try to surprise us with more than the true Sith master (cyborg creature), Rey's true role in all of this (basically the new Luke), the origin of Kylo (former good guy pilot gone bad, and possible son of Han & Leia) and perhaps the role Luke (self-exiled, now Obi-Wan/Yoda figure) plays in this movie?

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Star Wars VII cast member Daisy Ridley watched the new trailer while she was recorded by a friend. It appears she is happy with the trailer:

A sentiment shared by fellow cast member John Boyega:

The cast is excited, the fans are excited.... now of course a meteor will hit the earth on December 16 or 17, and no one will see the film.

:D

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That can't be Finn that Rey is crying about, could it? I mean, we see Finn fighting Kylo, and we know (or should know by now) Finn isn't a Jedi, not to mention his face looks like he's about to piss himself as Kylo is about to take a swing. We also see Leia, who's pretty damn tough, crying in the arms of Han, whom most seem to speculate will bite the big one and that's the only reason Ford came back. I mean, it's probably a dead Han, especially as one would assume Disney is set on pushing young characters and merchandise via the new trilogy, but is there any chance they actually try to surprise us with more than the true Sith master (cyborg creature), Rey's true role in all of this (basically the new Luke), the origin of Kylo (former good guy pilot gone bad, and possible son of Han & Leia) and perhaps the role Luke (self-exiled, now Obi-Wan/Yoda figure) plays in this movie?

I think many are over speculating on how much material will be covered by one film. The studio knows at least two other movies covering these events will be made. Why start killing off main characters for "shock" value or overloading every shot with dialogue and back story. Yes, but like with Obi-Wan dying in the first in a sort of pass the torch moment, they could do this. Leia or Luke could die in this movie in a similar pass the torch moment, but I think that would be too soon. But also remember that during the making of the first movie, they had no idea what a mega-blockbuster this would become and sequels would be forthcoming.

But yep, the million dollar question for this movie is. Do any of the three legacy characters die in it and will any of them be in the 2nd and 3rd movies which will be with a different director.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the same time, it would be comical if the first main character to get whacked was the black dude. The jokes would write themselves for years.

He just starts his Jedi training, forced into a way too early duel, and then ends up getting owned in seconds by Klyo
Ren.

There appears to be a scene where Ren, the chrome trooper (tall girl from GOT), and storm troopers are attacking a village at night and looks like a massacre is taking place. This could take place on the desert planet Rey grows up on and it's a friend or someone who helped raise her is the one she's laying over.

There has been some chatter that this new order group, what's left of the Empire, sells the story that they were the "good guys" in the fight with the rebels. That they use this as their recruiting tool and to justify their tactics. It's probably during this attack that Rey gets a full taste of whose the bad guys.

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the same time, it would be comical if the first main character to get whacked was the black dude. The jokes would write themselves for years.

He just starts his Jedi training, forced into a way too early duel, and then ends up getting owned in seconds by Klyo
Ren.

There appears to be a scene where Ren, the chrome trooper (tall girl from GOT), and storm troopers are attacking a village at night and looks like a massacre is taking place. This could take place on the desert planet Rey grows up on and it's a friend or someone who helped raise her is the one she's laying over.

There has been some chatter that this new order group, what's left of the Empire, sells the story that they were the "good guys" in the fight with the rebels. That they use this as their recruiting tool and to justify their tactics. It's probably during this attack that Rey gets a full taste of whose the bad guys.

I think that's plausible, although I can't tell if snow or ash is falling in that brief clip of her upset.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Star Wars VII cast member Daisy Ridley watched the new trailer while she was recorded by a friend. It appears she is happy with the trailer:

A sentiment shared by fellow cast member John Boyega:

The cast is excited, the fans are excited.... now of course a meteor will hit the earth on December 16 or 17, and no one will see the film.

:D

Boyega's reaction is great. Can't blame him. I'd have the same reaction as well