• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Star Wars: Andor

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Count Dooku left the order
yeah I guess if you switch sides technically.

Was just meaning. You dont forget your training.

Obi Wan was a non practicing Jedi for a long time but was still with his powers.

If Darth Vader was near he would still sense him. Guess that is where my thoughts were, Once a jedi always a jedi kinda thing.

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah I guess if you switch sides technically.

Was just meaning. You dont forget your training.

Obi Wan was a non practicing Jedi for a long time but was still with his powers.

If Darth Vader was near he would still sense him. Guess that is where my thoughts were, Once a jedi always a jedi kinda thing.
Also after Order 66 the dark times most Jedi abandon the order entirely

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also after Order 66 the dark times most Jedi abandon the order entirely
yeah. I just didnt explain my thoughts well.
was thinking about their powers & not losing it. Rather than quitting the order. :suds:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cere Junda left the Jedi after Order 66 (won’t spoil the reasoning). And as mentioned, Ahsoka left the order as well. Both of them remained force users. You also have Mother, Father, Son and Daughter who are force users, yet not Jedi. Maz Kanata was never a Jedi, but she is still force sensitive. Same with Leia. Then you have Dooku, Anakin and Kylo all abandon the order as they fell to the dark side.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That actress has been playing Mon Mothma for over 20 years now. That is impressive for a character that doesn’t actually get that much screen time or direct story arc. This is really the most we have seen of her in the live action universe ever.
Yup, ever since a deleted scene in ROTS. Not sure if that is still considered canon or not. Either way I wish they left it in.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So did we just get confirmation of the first homosexual characters in Star Wars? Like actual explicitly gay developed characters? C3PO doesn't count nor do the 2 no-name women sharing a brief kiss at the end of Episode 9. I suppose it hasn't been 100% confirmed yet but the episode certainly seemed to drop hints that the 2 women on the heist team were a couple.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm confused. Did Mon Mothma's dinner party from last week happen off-screen already? I thought they were setting up that scene but maybe the point of that conversation was just to show the tension between her and her husband. If it's the latter that is a bit disappointing. Would have been fun to see her interact with some of Palpetine's close associates.

I definitely think that Nemic kid is the most likely to be a spy/traitor. Not exactly sure who he would be spying for since most of the Empire don't seem to take the threat of a rebellion seriously at this point. But they all seem to be distrusting of Andor, and Mothma is worried about spies so there must be some sort of threat that Nemic could be working for.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So did we just get confirmation of the first homosexual characters in Star Wars? Like actual explicitly gay developed characters? C3PO doesn't count nor do the 2 no-name women sharing a brief kiss at the end of Episode 9. I suppose it hasn't been 100% confirmed yet but the episode certainly seemed to drop hints that the 2 women on the heist team were a couple.

I'd say the no name women count. But besides them, I think there's been a handful in some of the books/comics. And there was a couple of alien shopkeepers in the cartoon Star Wars Resistance (awful show, not worth watching) that I think they confirmed to be gay but its not like they made it apparent in the show. Solo also implied that Lando is pansexual

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This show rocks

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happened to the inside man? I missed his fate…

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happened to the inside man? I missed his fate…

The LT? He took a stray blaster bolt. I assume he died but they never lingered on it long enough to where I'd say for certain

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The LT? He took a stray blaster bolt. I assume he died but they never lingered on it long enough to where I'd say for certain
They focused on the deaths of all the team members (rightfully so), but I missed his death. Sounds like it was a legit “blink and you miss it” death, so it makes sense that I missed it.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They focused on the deaths of all the team members (rightfully so), but I missed his death. Sounds like it was a legit “blink and you miss it” death, so it makes sense that I missed it.

I didn't know what happened to him either. I watched that part of the episode again and couldn't find any scene where he was clearly shot, captured or injured.

When the shootout first started after buddy had a heart attack there is one quick clip where somebody gets shot and goes down. You see the back of blondie's head and a few feet away in the direction she's looking you see someone go down from a blaster shot. It happened really fast and you don't get a good look at the guy from that angle but I figure that must have been him.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So this last episode was probably my least favorite. I know a lot of people find this series slow in general but I never had much of an issue until this episode for some reason.

Thought they spent too much time in the prison with a lot of repetition. I assume those are Death Star parts they are making, with different parts being made at different prisons.

Seemed like more of the same old same old with Mon Mothma.

That blond Imperial lady has potential to be a decent character but my God I don't know if I've ever seen a worse case of resting bitch face in my life. I did like how she went out of her way to make sure Bix saw her friend that they tortured but then when Bix got there she acted like she wasn't supposed to see him.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Andy Serkis this first person to play two different roles in Star Wars (the prison guy in this and Snoke in the sequel films)?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Andy Serkis this first person to play two different roles in Star Wars (the prison guy in this and Snoke in the sequel films)?
Temuera Morrison has literally played thousands (millions?) of characters in the SW universe.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really liked this episode.

Parts for the Death Star is probably what they are making, though my first thought was Probots.
I missed it, but one of the prisoners shows up in Rogue One.

The Empire ISB part of the story is really compelling to me.
For one thing, even if they figure everything out, we know it somehow doesn't come to fruition.
I wonder if the blonde imperial lady (Meera?) or Cyril somehow get backstabbed and turn on one another, resulting in them joining the rebellion.

Also, Stellan Skaarsgard's character seems utterly ruthless and vicious.
He doesn't care what happens to the innocent people so long as the perception of the empire being evil is seen by everyone.
Doesn't care what the cost is. Sociopathic, really.
Which, to be fair, is exactly what's needed to get this operation off the ground.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really liked this episode.

Parts for the Death Star is probably what they are making, though my first thought was Probots.
I missed it, but one of the prisoners shows up in Rogue One.

The Empire ISB part of the story is really compelling to me.
For one thing, even if they figure everything out, we know it somehow doesn't come to fruition.
I wonder if the blonde imperial lady (Meera?) or Cyril somehow get backstabbed and turn on one another, resulting in them joining the rebellion.

Also, Stellan Skaarsgard's character seems utterly ruthless and vicious.
He doesn't care what happens to the innocent people so long as the perception of the empire being evil is seen by everyone.
Doesn't care what the cost is. Sociopathic, really.
Which, to be fair, is exactly what's needed to get this operation off the ground.
I think having him rub elbows with Saw was intended to tell us that he as that level of ruthlessness.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Temuera Morrison has literally played thousands (millions?) of characters in the SW universe.
Also…

Sam Witwer has played Maul and Starkiller (among other spots, but those are his two big roles). He also played the stormtrooper who arrested Andor at the beach (uncredited)