• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Star Wars: Andor

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what makes this show different I think?...the script, screenplay, costuming and even the minimal special effects make it seem way more realistic. Like this could be a vision of our space faring future.

No hero-tastic cringy lines, no wizard magic, just real people trying to survive and fight the good fight.

The only cringe worthy performance was the leader of the blue coats, what's up with that freak and his Debbie downer facial expressions?
He is an incompetent ladder climber. The “Scotty” dude is a serious brown noser, but he is actually somewhat competent in the field. The officer is a pencil pusher who knows nothing about how things really work.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what makes this show different I think?...the script, screenplay, costuming and even the minimal special effects make it seem way more realistic. Like this could be a vision of our space faring future.

No hero-tastic cringy lines, no wizard magic, just real people trying to survive and fight the good fight.

The only cringe worthy performance was the leader of the blue coats, what's up with that freak and his Debbie downer facial expressions?
Tony Gilroy, screenwriter for Rogue One, is the main storyteller here.
I do not believe Filoni is that involved in this one, if at all.

Oddly enough, Gilroy isn't really a Star Wars fan, so that's why there's minimal fan service.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tony Gilroy, screenwriter for Rogue One, is the main storyteller here.
I do not believe Filoni is that involved in this one, if at all.

Oddly enough, Gilroy isn't really a Star Wars fan, so that's why there's minimal fan service.
I am ok with that. Filoni, Favreau and Lucas are a great triumvirate, but that doesn’t mean there isn’t room for a different voice in that universe (as long as it isn’t Kennedy, who destroys everything she touches)

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am ok with that. Filoni, Favreau and Lucas are a great triumvirate, but that doesn’t mean there isn’t room for a different voice in that universe (as long as it isn’t Kennedy, who destroys everything she touches)
From what I recall, Star Wars merchandising makes roughly 3x as much as the movies do.
So, that lead Lucas to add in kid friendly aliens and robots, starting with the Ewoks in Return of the Jedi.

I really liked what Filoni did with the animated series and Favreau is capable, but they might just be a bit too kid-friendly.

We'll see how Andor does and if that influences them going outside the box more often for future writers/directors/storytelling.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
aaaaaaaaaaa.....men.
I keep forgetting that women and minorities are perfect. Any criticism of a woman, black, gay, hispanic, whatever is CLEARLY sexist or racist because they can’t possibly do anything that is less than perfect. Further, any praise of a white or male is equally sexist or racist because whites and/or males are incapable.

I wholeheartedly apologize, and despite my white-maleness, I will try to overcome my natural deficiencies and avoid future embarrassments.

ThereIsNoPlace

The New Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep forgetting that women and minorities are perfect. Any criticism of a woman, black, gay, hispanic, whatever is CLEARLY sexist or racist because they can’t possibly do anything that is less than perfect. Further, any praise of a white or male is equally sexist or racist because whites and/or males are incapable.

I wholeheartedly apologize, and despite my white-maleness, I will try to overcome my natural deficiencies and avoid future embarrassments.
Who the hell are you apologizing to?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who the hell are you apologizing to?
You, specifically. Everyone, in general.

You pointed out the clear lapse in any logic in my post (that a woman could be anything less than perfect, or that a guy could possibly be good at anything).

I appreciate your educating me and beg for your patience in the future. After all, I am but a lowly white male. I need lots of help.

ThereIsNoPlace

The New Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You, specifically. Everyone, in general.

You pointed out the clear lapse in any logic in my post (that a woman could be anything less than perfect, or that a guy could possibly be good at anything).

I appreciate your educating me and beg for your patience in the future. After all, I am but a lowly white male. I need lots of help.
By singing amen?...which essentially is an agreement that Ms. Kennedy fucks everything up?

Your ski goggles are too tight on your head, white boy.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm honestly curious. What are all the things that Kennedy has destroyed? Looking at a list of the movies she's produced I see

Poltergeist
E.T.
Temple of Doom
Goonies
Back to the Future
Innerspace
Who Framed Roger Rabbit
Jurassic Park
Schindler's List
Lincoln
Rogue One

And a ton of other thing films. So I'm a little confused as your claim that she destroys everything she touches?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for Andor, this is easily the best piece of IP they have done for the franchise on + to date. At least so far.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another slow but interesting episode.

That young guy who fell asleep during his watch and who was the only one to trust Andor right away, is definitely either going to die during the heist or be revealed to be a spy for someone.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need to watch the episode again. I fell asleep multiple times during my viewing.

I was tired, granted, but going slow enough to allow for multiple nod-offs is not great.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the first three episodes yesterday... I really like it.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mon Mothma looked like Dana Scully in this episode. I'm curious who her ally will turn out to be. I'm guessing one of the Organas or Asohka. Could also be one of the other characters from the Rebels cartoon.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mon Mothma looked like Dana Scully in this episode. I'm curious who her ally will turn out to be. I'm guessing one of the Organas or Asohka. Could also be one of the other characters from the Rebels cartoon.
That actress has been playing Mon Mothma for over 20 years now. That is impressive for a character that doesn’t actually get that much screen time or direct story arc. This is really the most we have seen of her in the live action universe ever.

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have this feeling that maybe Luthen Rael may have been a Jedi at one point but isn't one anymore since he gave Andor what looked like a Kyber crystal necklace and pretending to be a ancient antique dealer to the wealthy on Corucant as a cover.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have this feeling that maybe Luthen Rael may have been a Jedi at one point but isn't one anymore since he gave Andor what looked like a Kyber crystal necklace and pretending to be a ancient antique dealer to the wealthy on Corucant as a cover.
how can you, not be a jedi once you are one?