• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Star Trek: Voyager

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I have stated in other threads, I am on a Star Trek bing project right now. I started with DS9 and followed that up with Enterprise. I am watching Voyager now.

I am almost done with S2. S1 was kinda rough. The show had a horrible villain and was somewhat aimless in its direction. S2 is still somewhat aimless, but the show has tightened up and the Vidians are a much better foil.

That said, there is a pretty major plot hole that I can’t quite let go of...

How is it they keep bumping into the same Kazan baddies? Aren’t they pretty much b-lining it back to the Alpha quadrant? How is it they continue to bump into the same people? How is it that their reputation precedes them? How does Neelix have friends on all these planets?

Voyager is supposed to be a VERY fast ship. Granted, there may be faster in the Delta Quadrant, but by the middle of S2, they have been traveling for approx 10 months. They should be meeting “fresh species” almost every episode. They should have next to zero interactions with individuals they already met.

I understand they can’t really do this on a tv show. Re-visiting old foes is what makes a tv show enjoyable. You need to ignore these holes for the show to even exist. But it is still a glaring hole and hard to ignore.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on this week’s Lower Decks, I guess the fan theory that Locarno and Paris were the same person are now officially debunked.

It was always my head canon that Paris went to the academy under a pseudonym to avoid any connections to his father. When Janeway got him out of the brig, he was either serving time because of the events when he was in the Academy, or for committing fraud by lying about his identity to get in.

This was a good episode of Lower Decks, but I am sad that they officially, through canon, ruined all those theories.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I have stated in other threads, I am on a Star Trek bing project right now. I started with DS9 and followed that up with Enterprise. I am watching Voyager now.

I am almost done with S2. S1 was kinda rough. The show had a horrible villain and was somewhat aimless in its direction. S2 is still somewhat aimless, but the show has tightened up and the Vidians are a much better foil.

That said, there is a pretty major plot hole that I can’t quite let go of...

How is it they keep bumping into the same Kazan baddies? Aren’t they pretty much b-lining it back to the Alpha quadrant? How is it they continue to bump into the same people? How is it that their reputation precedes them? How does Neelix have friends on all these planets?

Voyager is supposed to be a VERY fast ship. Granted, there may be faster in the Delta Quadrant, but by the middle of S2, they have been traveling for approx 10 months. They should be meeting “fresh species” almost every episode. They should have next to zero interactions with individuals they already met.

I understand they can’t really do this on a tv show. Re-visiting old foes is what makes a tv show enjoyable. You need to ignore these holes for the show to even exist. But it is still a glaring hole and hard to ignore.
The show gets much better as the seasons progress. 7 of 9 in her jumpsuit was a great addition to the crew.