• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stanley Cup Finals

The Q stache

Cabbie Slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry I missed pretty much all of this series. I have to ton of respect for the Bruins or BROONS to some, and their fans on this board. That said, MY BLACKHAWKS ARE CHAMPIONS AGAIN! Also Crawford should have been conn smythe.

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report is that Bergy played with a broken rib, torn cartalidge (SP) and a separated shoulder.

And Hossa has a bulging disc and can't feel his foot. And Toews had another mild concussion. And Handzus' back was so bad he needed treatment after each game. And Bickell had a Grade 2 knee sprain in the third round and was supposed to be out in the Finals.

So, what's your point? They're hockey players. They suck it up and go on. Feel bad for Bergeron, but at this point of the playoffs everyone is banged up. As Patrick Sharp said after the game, if you don't have an ice bag on some part of your body after the game, you haven't played well.

Oh, BTW, I felt Chara's play overall was the reason the Bruins lost. On the ice for two of the three goals again tonight. What was that? 10 goals of the last 12 by the Hawks with Chara on the ice.

And justice was served. Wasn't that Johnny Boychuk watching Dave Bolland tip in that shot for the Cup winner? Served him right.

But, to the Bruins fans on here...congratulations on a great series. Well played, six intense games. Exciting hockey from beginning to end. And Bruins fans...thanks for the congratulations as well.

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Hossa has a bulging disc and can't feel his foot. And Toews had another mild concussion. And Handzus' back was so bad he needed treatment after each game. And Bickell had a Grade 2 knee sprain in the third round and was supposed to be out in the Finals.

So, what's your point? They're hockey players. They suck it up and go on. Feel bad for Bergeron, but at this point of the playoffs everyone is banged up. As Patrick Sharp said after the game, if you don't have an ice bag on some part of your body after the game, you haven't played well.

Oh, BTW, I felt Chara's play overall was the reason the Bruins lost. On the ice for two of the three goals again tonight. What was that? 10 goals of the last 12 by the Hawks with Chara on the ice.

And justice was served. Wasn't that Johnny Boychuk watching Dave Bolland tip in that shot for the Cup winner? Served him right.

But, to the Bruins fans on here...congratulations on a great series. Well played, six intense games. Exciting hockey from beginning to end. And Bruins fans...thanks for the congratulations as well.

Ya that is my point and once again you piss on someone and a post they make. Go fuck yourself douche

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame="[MEDIA=twitter]349394015986262017[/MEDIA]"][/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame="[MEDIA=twitter]349400830799122434[/MEDIA]"][/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I am bummed out. Being the 2nd best team in the league sucks. Chicago played awesome though and as I said in my previous post I think the Bruins ran out of gas.

I would have loved a game 7 but in the end Chicago was too much for the Bruins to handle. I am not sure what hurts more missing the playoffs or losing the SCF's.

Missing the playoffs hurts more, but unless you lose it on the last game of the season it doesn't hit you all at once. And at least you'll be able to look back one day and say, man, we almost had it, right?

Hahahahaha, no, that's bullshit. You'll look back ten years from now and say, Krejci (random example), you SOB, the net was WIDE OPEN, you cost us a shot at the cup! But it won't hurt as much. A little distance will give you perspective - you were the best in the East, and you almost forced a game seven against a team that had the best start in NHL HISTORY. You had a comeback from the brink against the Leafs. You beat the shit out of the Rangers and you swept the Pens. You had a good year. You had a GREAT year. I know you don't necessarily want to hear it right now, but you guys kicked ass. Congrats on a great run.

Just don't expect to repeat it next year, because Bryzgalov is going to turn into a brick wall, and Pronger will magically get better and murder everyone on your team.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
glad i don't have to see this idiot for another 10-11 months

ItH4Za0.gif

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has it been mentioned that the past 3 Conn Smythe winners have been American? I thought it was Duncan Keith's to lose personally.

I wish it had gone 7 but what an amazing series. High skill, great goaltending, incredibly physical. Bruins fans I feel your pain. Congrats Hawks fans.

Now time to see which players shouldve been in the hospital instead of on the PK.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has it been mentioned that the past 3 Conn Smythe winners have been American? I thought it was Duncan Keith's to lose personally.

I wish it had gone 7 but what an amazing series. High skill, great goaltending, incredibly physical. Bruins fans I feel your pain. Congrats Hawks fans.

Now time to see which players shouldve been in the hospital instead of on the PK.

Yeah, I dropped that in like 3 pages back. I thought Seabrooke should've been considered too. That pair is lights out. *glares at jealously* When I think about Kane's postseason...it was good, but not MVP good.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So, what's your point? They're hockey players. They suck it up and go on.

I'm pretty sure that WAS his point...

Another reason why I believe that hockey players are the best...

BTW I am not making excuses. I am sure that Chicago had a number of injuries as well.

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The day after and I feel much better.

Chicago was the better team for sure but both teams left it all on the ice. It stings to have lost but getting there is such a achievement and we have been there 2 times in the last 3 seasons. Fans from other teams would kill for that.

Big changes coming but I will probably start another thread to not clog this one up.

I still dont think that Kane was the MVP.

What really sucks is hockey is over and now I am stuck with fucking baseball.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also saying this: no matter how big the stage, or how competitive I am, or how much I want a team to win...sending a guy out there with a concussion is silly. /speculation

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The day after and I feel much better.

Chicago was the better team for sure but both teams left it all on the ice. It stings to have lost but getting there is such a achievement and we have been there 2 times in the last 3 seasons. Fans from other teams would kill for that.

Big changes coming but I will probably start another thread to not clog this one up. I still dont think that Kane was the MVP.

The tradapalooza thread isn't a bad place to go over how you see your team moving around draft day and beyond. B's could have a lot of cap space actually...

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was really no standout on the Hawks for the Smythe. It sort of felt like people just couldn't decide, so they went with the first player that came to mind.

I would have put him 4th or 5th at best (Seabrook, Keith, Bickell, not necessarily in that order).

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I think it was Crawford or even Keith before Kane. Shit, maybe even Hossa before Kane.

Kane thought it was Crawford too. You know what's honestly amazing/overlooked? Crawford's numbers are on par with Rask. Crawford's GAA: 1.84 SV%: .932 Rask's GAA: 1.88 SV%: .940

If the Bruins had won, Rask is pretty much a lock for Conn Smythe. I think Crawford's are overlooked because of the offense the Hawks put up. BIG props to Crawford. Never was confident in his game.