• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stanley Cup Finals

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BNszaCCCMAAU4jQ.jpg

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if this was brought up, but Patrice Bergeron has a hole in his lung.. Wtf geez. These guys are such amazing athletes and shit the amount of pain that they play through for the big prize.

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if this was brought up, but Patrice Bergeron has a hole in his lung.. Wtf geez. These guys are such amazing athletes and shit the amount of pain that they play through for the big prize.

When someone dies in hockey because they have an injury...but played through it because they are "such amazing athletes", then maybe everyone will take notice.

Bergeron, Toews, maybe even Shaw should not have played and/or finished Game 6. If Toews "had his bell rung" in Game 5, that tells me he had a concussion. Instead of sitting on the bench pleading to get back in the game, he should have been in a dark room being evaluated by medical personnel. And with his history of concussions (what, he missed like 20 games the previous year), this should have been monitored even closer. Do we all need another Chris Pronger on our hands, who can barely speak and has a hard time remembering his name? Really, is it all worth that?

If Bergeron has a punctured lung, did it happen from the nerve block? Did it happen in Game 5? Did it happen during Game 6? Or could he even feel it in Game 6? AND he suffered a separated shoulder in Game 6, but still played on.

I understand heroism being "under fire", so to speak, in sports, not wanting to let your team and teammates down. Everyone was all over Jay Cutler in the NFC Championship game when he couldn't return for the second half. He took an unbelievable amount of heat for that, even among his own idiotic peers in football. What they didn't know is that he tore a knee ligament mid-way through the second quarter, yet continued on to the half. And he wanted to get back in during the second half, but the Bears staff wouldn't allow him to do so. And rightfully so.

When does enough finally become enough? Will we see death on the ice because someone wants to sacrifice for their team despite an injury where they shouldn't be playing?

I applaud Patrice Bergeron for his will to help his team no matter what. But him AND Toews should have been sat out for Game 6. I'm just hoping that both of them recover completely with no ill lasting effects.

But this all has to stop!

Last edited by a moderator:

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When someone dies in hockey because they have an injury...but played through it because they are "such amazing athletes", then maybe everyone will take notice.

Bergeron, Toews, maybe even Shaw should not have played and/or finished Game 6. If Toews "had his bell rung" in Game 5, that tells me he had a concussion. Instead of sitting on the bench pleading to get back in the game, he should have been in a dark room being evaluated by medical personnel. And with his history of concussions (what, he missed like 20 games the previous year), this should have been monitored even closer. Do we all need another Chris Pronger on our hands, who can barely speak and has a hard time remembering his name? Really, is it all worth that?

If Bergeron has a punctured lung, did it happen from the nerve block? Did it happen in Game 5? Did it happen during Game 6? Or could he even feel it in Game 6? AND he suffered a separated shoulder in Game 6, but still played on.

I understand heroism being "under fire", so to speak, in sports, not wanting to let your team and teammates down. Everyone was all over Jay Cutler in the NFC Championship game when he couldn't return for the second half. He took an unbelievable amount of heat for that, even among his own idiotic peers in football. What they didn't know is that he tore a knee ligament mid-way through the second quarter, yet continued on to the half. And he wanted to get back in during the second half, but the Bears staff wouldn't allow him to do so. And rightfully so.

When does enough finally become enough? Will we see death on the ice because someone wants to sacrifice for their team despite an injury where they shouldn't be playing?

I applaud Patrice Bergeron for his will to help his team no matter what. But him AND Toews should have been sat out for Game 6. I'm just hoping that both of them recover completely with no ill lasting effects.

But this all has to stop!

I'm with ya. A lot of it is just the culture of the game. There's things you can play through, and things you really, really shouldn't. Fans are guilty of labeling stupidity as heroism, and caution whimpy-ness.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with ya. A lot of it is just the culture of the game. There's things you can play through, and things you really, really shouldn't. Fans are guilty of labeling stupidity as heroism, and caution whimpy-ness.

Not just fans. Bob Clarke called Eric Lindros out for not playing through some pain that turned out to be a collapsed lung. He told Lindros to get on a plane and Eric said no. Had he got on that plane, he could have died. Instead he was found passed out in a hotel room bathtub and missed the rest of a season.

Clarke still called him out even then.

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not just fans. Bob Clarke called Eric Lindros out for not playing through some pain that turned out to be a collapsed lung. He told Lindros to get on a plane and Eric said no. Had he got on that plane, he could have died. Instead he was found passed out in a hotel room bathtub and missed the rest of a season.

Clarke still called him out even then.

Lindros should have shattered Clarke's ankle with a massive slash, then explained to Clarke it was the only way he was going to win the argument, and that he was now a hero.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lindros should have shattered Clarke's ankle with a massive slash, then explained to Clarke it was the only way he was going to win the argument, and that he was now a hero.

I was gonna mention this...hahah. I'm sure Bobby brought it up. "YOU'RE JUST LIKE THOSE SISSY RUSSIANS! I BROKE THEM JUST LIKE I'LL BREAK YOU!"

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't really care for Lindros myself, but the guy was a beast. You just didn't want to go toe to toe with him unless you were massive or had rocks in your head.

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry Bruins fans. Comcast SportsNet Chicago is replaying Game 6 of the Finals right now.

Well, at least I'm enjoying it.

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^ Is there any reason to post this other than to rub salt in the wounds?

Just askin'.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just askin'.

No different than how numerous Bruin fans act frequently. Geez any time the Habs lose to anyone the Bruin fans get the salt out, usually justified by stating how they hate the Canadiens. OK, that doesnt change the fact youre being an ass. So to me, turnabout is fair play.

dboy97

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No different than how numerous Bruin fans act frequently. Geez any time the Habs lose to anyone the Bruin fans get the salt out, usually justified by stating how they hate the Canadiens. OK, that doesnt change the fact youre being an ass. So to me, turnabout is fair play.

But come on it's the Canadiens.

Sorry couldn't resist.

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just askin'.

I said "I was sorry". Geez, don't take it that seriously.

It was only on locally...and why wouldn't a crazed Blackhawks fan want to watch it over and over again?

If the shoe was on the other foot, I'm sure Bruins fans would be happy to point it out as well.
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's see now. 8:30 am in Chicago.

30 minutes until all the parade festivities and the rally for the Stanley Cup Champion Chicago Blackhawks starts.

Now...that's rubbing salt into the wound.

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said "I was sorry". Geez, don't take it that seriously.

It was only on locally...and why wouldn't a crazed Blackhawks fan want to watch it over and over again?

If the shoe was on the other foot, I'm sure Bruins fans would be happy to point it out as well.
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Actually, it was nice. They went straight from one period to the next without the 15 minutes of drivel that usually occurs between periods.

In reality though, I only needed to watch the last two minutes of the third period.

OUCH...now that was some salt in the wound.

:lol: :laugh3: