• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stanley Cup Finals

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Jammy's beard is ready

9e9e2fecd2e011e2890c22000a1fa80f_7.jpg

RangersReds03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Instead of going to Disneyland, Jagr has decided to travel around the world in 80 days.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry if it has been mentioned, it has been 21 years between finals appearences for Jagr, the longest ever in pro sports.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to believe this is the first ever Stanley Cup Finals meeting between these two Original Six franchises...

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Phil, why you heff to be mad, is only game...

"You want to know the truth," said Esposito, the fifth-leading goal scorer in hockey history. "This series doesn't mean s*** to me.

"I have no feeling for these teams. There's nothing emotional about it. They both got rid of me, traded me. So screw them.

"I didn't choose to leave Chicago. I didn't choose to leave Boston. I signed a contract in Boston for less money than I could have gotten from going to the WHA. I could have made millions doing that. And you know how they repaid me? Three weeks later, they traded me (to the New York Rangers)."

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Instead of going to Disneyland, Jagr has decided to travel around the world in 80 days.

:pizza:

Hey Phil, why you heff to be mad, is only game...

"You want to know the truth," said Esposito, the fifth-leading goal scorer in hockey history. "This series doesn't mean s*** to me.

"I have no feeling for these teams. There's nothing emotional about it. They both got rid of me, traded me. So screw them.

"I didn't choose to leave Chicago. I didn't choose to leave Boston. I signed a contract in Boston for less money than I could have gotten from going to the WHA. I could have made millions doing that. And you know how they repaid me? Three weeks later, they traded me (to the New York Rangers)."

God, what a bitter old twat. Wonder if his terrible attitude made those teams throw him away?

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still one of the best stories ever:

"Phil Esposito had scored 65 goals or somethin' like that. He came to me and said, 'Grapes, It's always 'Bobby this' and 'Bobby that.' Once in a while, how about givin' me some credit?' Anyways, we were in Vancouver, see. I'll never forget it. Harry Sinden called me and told me he had traded Phil to New York. Harry said, 'Go tell Bobby and take him with you when you tell Esposito,' so I tell Bobby and told him to come with me to tell Espo. I knocked on the door and Phil answers. He's standin' there in these funny silk pyjamas. I sit down, and Bobby goes stands by the window. Espo says, 'Grapes, if you tell me I've been traded to the Rangers, I'm gonna jump out the window!' I said, 'Bobby, get away from that window!'"

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the guy is bitter as hell but wouldnt you want to be in a pub in ear shot of him and bobby hull. I read Thunder and Lightning and its a very good read. I recommend it you can read it in 2 hours (big print for Espo I think)

Still one of the best stories ever:

"Phil Esposito had scored 65 goals or somethin' like that. He came to me and said, 'Grapes, It's always 'Bobby this' and 'Bobby that.' Once in a while, how about givin' me some credit?' Anyways, we were in Vancouver, see. I'll never forget it. Harry Sinden called me and told me he had traded Phil to New York. Harry said, 'Go tell Bobby and take him with you when you tell Esposito,' so I tell Bobby and told him to come with me to tell Espo. I knocked on the door and Phil answers. He's standin' there in these funny silk pyjamas. I sit down, and Bobby goes stands by the window. Espo says, 'Grapes, if you tell me I've been traded to the Rangers, I'm gonna jump out the window!' I said, 'Bobby, get away from that window!'"

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the guy is bitter as hell but wouldnt you want to be in a pub in ear shot of him and bobby hull. I read Thunder and Lightning and its a very good read. I recommend it you can read it in 2 hours (big print for Espo I think)

Small words, too I'd imagine.

Just saw it last night in a used book store for five bucks.

/passed

dboy97

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Called my brother today to wish him a happy birthday. He says: "Thanks. Want to go to game 4 next Wednesday $370? I got a ticket for me, you, Glenn, and Kenny."

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Called my brother today to wish him a happy birthday. He says: "Thanks. Want to go to game 4 next Wednesday $370? I got a ticket for me, you, Glenn, and Kenny."

Lucky bastige :D

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zebras for the finals are Wes McCauley, Dan O’Halloran, Chris Rooney, and Brad Watson.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a thought. Lets forget the bullshit, lets not live in the past and screw this 06 crap. It's hockey and lets hope for the best SCF period. I think all the emphasis made about it being an 06 series alienates others. Who gives a shit if the teams are from 60 years ago or not? Does that make the rest of the leagues fans less important because they were born in cities that were not in the 06?

I live in a city that has some of the highest TV ratings for hockey in the US. Maybe the god damn sport would benefit if we stopped talking about the 06 or how many US or Canadian teams are in the playoffs. This is the NHL right? maybe it would be taken more seriously if we as fans treated it like a SPORT regardless of where the teams come from or where the players come from and what year the teams started.

I see this more in the NHL than other sports. Lets just be hockey fans and enjoy the best game going no matter if it's in Edmonton or Chicago. Our fans do a crappy job of promoting the sport and more about where we are from....CHL, limits Euro goalies? Wake up !

Lets not fuck it up lets promote it.

Here's to a great SCF !

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What was your answer??? :10: :suds:

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah, great.

We interrupt your program so we can have two boring guys talk about bad weather 50 miles north of you.

Seems that they will have to be on the air while any tornado warning is in effect (per the FCC). And there is one until 8:45PM

Thanks for not putting the game on NHL Network or NBCSN. Now I can sit here and fret about farmers an hour away.

Last edited by a moderator:

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a thought. Lets forget the bullshit, lets not live in the past and screw this 06 crap. It's hockey and lets hope for the best SCF period. I think all the emphasis made about it being an 06 series alienates others. Who gives a shit if the teams are from 60 years ago or not? Does that make the rest of the leagues fans less important because they were born in cities that were not in the 06?

I live in a city that has some of the highest TV ratings for hockey in the US. Maybe the god damn sport would benefit if we stopped talking about the 06 or how many US or Canadian teams are in the playoffs. This is the NHL right? maybe it would be taken more seriously if we as fans treated it like a SPORT regardless of where the teams come from or where the players come from and what year the teams started.

I see this more in the NHL than other sports. Lets just be hockey fans and enjoy the best game going no matter if it's in Edmonton or Chicago. Our fans do a crappy job of promoting the sport and more about where we are from....CHL, limits Euro goalies? Wake up !

Lets not fuck it up lets promote it.

Here's to a great SCF !

I hadn't read all of this thread so when I first read this I thought you were talking about 2006 and was a bit confused. As soon as I realized "Original 6" it all made sense and I couldn't agree more with your points.