• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stanley Cup Finals

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kind of wish Big Buff was still on the Hawks just to watch the battles between him and Chara in front of the net.

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marchand on one side, Bolland on the other. The smart money is on stupid :D

To be honest Marchand is starting to piss me off. Being a pesky little bastard is one thing, but he's pulling some stupid/dangerous/dirty shit, like when he stuck his leg out behind the net and got slashed in return (game 3 maybe) and the hit from behind in game 1. I've said it all season, if Seguin had pulled shit like that he'd be watching from the team box. He's pulling shit I bitch about other players doing, and have done in the past, and I'm quickly becoming a non fan of his. If he pulls some of that shit in the finals I hope someone on the Hawks knocks the snot out of him.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest Marchand is starting to piss me off. Being a pesky little bastard is one thing, but he's pulling some stupid/dangerous/dirty shit, like when he stuck his leg out behind the net and got slashed in return (game 3 maybe) and the hit from behind in game 1. I've said it all season, if Seguin had pulled shit like that he'd be watching from the team box. He's pulling shit I bitch about other players doing, and have done in the past, and I'm quickly becoming a non fan of his. If he pulls some of that shit in the finals I hope someone on the Hawks knocks the snot out of him.

Agreed.. somewhat anyway. He still pulss some really dumb shit. However...

I think Marchand has actually toned down the retard recently.

He's also playing some great hockey.

His face still makes me want to dip his head in a vat of acid, but I have to give him props for bringing a damn good game to the postseason.

The Q stache

Cabbie Slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of the "experts" at ESPNBA are picking the Bruins, I like that.

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marchand is Marchand. He is not the cleanest player in the game. He is also not even close to the dirtiest either. He plays on the edge and when you play on that edge you will go over from time to time.

For the most part he has stayed on the right side of that edge but that game 4 against the Pens he was way over and doing dumb things.

In the end every team has a Marchand and he can not only just play that role but can hurt you on the score sheet.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marchand is Marchand. He is not the cleanest player in the game. He is also not even close to the dirtiest either. He plays on the edge and when you play on that edge you will go over from time to time.

For the most part he has stayed on the right side of that edge but that game 4 against the Pens he was way over and doing dumb things.

In the end every team has a Marchand and he can not only just play that role but can hurt you on the score sheet.

Sorry pal. Not every team has a fucking rat like Marchand. He is a pest and never fights. Makes dangerous plays and never fights. Goes after stars and won't answer the bell.

He's an effective player and perhaps every team would like to have a Marchand but there are only half a dozen players in the league who are hated by players like this guy is hated. If that many.

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry pal. Not every team has a fucking rat like Marchand. He is a pest and never fights. Makes dangerous plays and never fights. Goes after stars and won't answer the bell.

He's an effective player and perhaps every team would like to have a Marchand but there are only half a dozen players in the league who are hated by players like this guy is hated. If that many.

He is hated by your team and many fans. Do I need to break out a list of the same type player that anyone who has the hometown jersey on thinks is just hard nosed?

I mean seriously. I can think of 10 players that are rats and never fight and do the same thing as Marchand. Marchand just happens to have skill when they dont. He also burned the Canucks in 2011 with his skill.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is hated by your team and many fans. Do I need to break out a list of the same type player that anyone who has the hometown jersey on thinks is just hard nosed?

I mean seriously. I can think of 10 players that are rats and never fight and do the same thing as Marchand. Marchand just happens to have skill when they dont. He also burned the Canucks in 2011 with his skill.

Marchand is NOT hard-nosed. He is an instigator, an agitator or a pest.

But OK, Just for fun let's have your list of 10+ players that do all the things that Marchand does (negative). Maybe I'm missing someone.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, so Kenny is right on this one.

naslundfan19

Boredom Savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rooting for a good series. If you forced me to pick, I'd lean Boston.

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But OK, Just for fun let's have your list of 10+ players that do all the things that Marchand does (negative). Maybe I'm missing someone.

Ya know I could easily do it but I would prefer not to turn this into a shit thread. So I will just say all is good and we can agree to disagree.

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair...

Best >>>> LEast

Windshield >>>> Bug

Come on, little snoozies...wake up!

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm looking at the Hawks own Andrew Shaw. Same type of player. Agitator...instigator...can still score.

Dave Bolland used to be that way. He can't score any more...and he just plays dirty. Slashes, hooks, the occasional trip. Usually doesn't get called for a penalty...but every once in a while gets caught...and usually at a bad time. I have no use for Bolland.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck to both teams and their fans! I think this is going to be a really good series.

I'm pulling for Chicago a little bit because I'm not a fan of Claude Julien and a few of the guys on Boston's roster. At the same time, I'd like to see Boston win so at least the Caps can say we are the only team to beat them in a playoff series the last 3 years. (We'll likely hang another banner in the rafters for that accomplishment!) But in the end, I don't care too much one way or another.

Mostly hope we get to see some good hockey and well officiated games.