• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stanley Cup Finals

The Q stache

Cabbie Slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will be a great series can't wait to watch it. Have no rooting interest in either team but both teams played a great Conference finals to get here after amazing comebacks in the series prior.

Either team winning will be fine and hate to make a prediction but Hawks in 7, winner in OT.

If this goes to game 7 overtime I'm going to shit my pants.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm taking the Bruins in 6 to hoist the second memorial Asterisk Cup.

:ss:

dboy97

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want the Bruins winning the series. Don't give a shit how many games it takes.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will be a great series can't wait to watch it. Have no rooting interest in either team but both teams played a great Conference finals to get here after amazing comebacks in the series prior.

Either team winning will be fine and hate to make a prediction but Hawks in 7, winner in OT.

Speaking of game 7 OTs. Anyone know the last time before this year that both finalists went to Game 7 OT on their way to the finals? I believe I know the answer but there may be 1 more recent. The year I'm thinking about had 1 Original 6 team in the finals.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of game 7 OTs. Anyone know the last time before this year that both finalists went to Game 7 OT on their way to the finals? I believe I know the answer but there may be 1 more recent. The year I'm thinking about had 1 Original 6 team in the finals.

Actually I just realized it happened as recently as 2 years ago. :L

I was thinking 1994.

The Q stache

Cabbie Slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the ad thing here on SportsHoopla just tried to sell me Boston Bruins Conference Champions gear... I'll pass

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually like both teams. I'm pulling for the Hawks but I have a feeling this is the Bruins year. I'm basing that purely on, if it comes down to it I think Rask is more capable of stealing a game than Crawford. Hoping for 7 games.

RangersReds03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
945589_477393972352557_1930140617_n.png

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since everyone seems to be cordial and honest, I'll chime in...

First off, congrats to the Bruins. The total dominance in the ECF was a little scary.

The unfortunate thing about being a Chicago sports fan is that you get used to disappointment. Championships don't come along very often. Based on our past, we sometimes convince ourselves that our team doesn't have what it takes to get the job done. Things like:

Crawford is just an average goalie. Toews was almost invisible in the playoffs. Kane doesn't hustle. The Wild were bigger and play a similar game. The Wings were more experienced and better coached. The Kings were more physical and Quick was unbeatable.

Yet the Hawks won through all of that, whether it was true or imagined, and made it back the Cup Finals! And now the cycle is repeating itself as I'm seeing more of the same comments about the Bruins. I guess we'll see how it plays out starting Wednesday.

Should be a great series, if I don't have a heart attack watching it.

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since everyone seems to be cordial and honest, I'll chime in...

First off, congrats to the Bruins. The total dominance in the ECF was a little scary.

The unfortunate thing about being a Chicago sports fan is that you get used to disappointment. Championships don't come along very often. Based on our past, we sometimes convince ourselves that our team doesn't have what it takes to get the job done. Things like:

Crawford is just an average goalie. Toews was almost invisible in the playoffs. Kane doesn't hustle. The Wild were bigger and play a similar game. The Wings were more experienced and better coached. The Kings were more physical and Quick was unbeatable.

Yet the Hawks won through all of that, whether it was true or imagined, and made it back the Cup Finals! And now the cycle is repeating itself as I'm seeing more of the same comments about the Bruins. I guess we'll see how it plays out starting Wednesday.

Should be a great series, if I don't have a heart attack watching it.

Really, I don't see either team with a definitive edge. Goaltending great on both sides. Rask leads in save percentage, Crawford in goals against average.

Defense, stingy and physical. Chara is a beast, but he can't cover everyone and play every shift...although it seems like it. Bruins will play physical, but are they more physical than the Wings or Kings? Hawks pick their spots for their forechecking, get outhit every game (Hawks have way more possession time so less guys to hit) and can make you pay for that turnover.

Offensively, Hawks roll two superstar lines of their top six and then come after you with the bottom six that has played lights out. Bruins have been a juggernaut on offense as well making the most of their opportunities.

Power play for both teams has been putrid, but the penalty killing has been great.

Honestly, I have no idea who will win this series. In 2010, it seemed so lopsided Hawks against Flyers that it was destined the Hawks win. This time around, should just be an unbelievable series.

Good luck to all. May the better team win. I know that both the Bruins and Hawks will give it their all.

So, that being said, no chest thumping and stupid braggadocia after a team wins one game. Respect for the other team and good sportsmanship should rule on this site. Of course, I would like to see the Hawks win, but even if they don't they have had a heck of a season. Same goes for the Bruins. Terrific team in the East.

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And damn...I miss Games 2-3-4-5 by being out of the country. Nice vacation planning...NOT!

mooger_35

my hatred for MY team clouds my judgement
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just hoping for a long series where both teams kick the shit out of each other so they are both struggling to recover next year. Oh, and some exciting games would be nice too.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just want good hockey. good luck to both. hope nothing stupid occurs