• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Stanley Cup Finals: Washington Capitals vs. Las Vegas Golden Knights

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the cheapest nosebleeds available for game 6 are now $1,700.

I should have bought 8 tickets for $800 a week ago and then resold now. Could have gone to game 6 with 3 friends for $100 a person.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can always fall back on last year's plan of watching the game from the back alley. Added bonus of not waiting in line to take a piss. (Good) Chinese food abounds in the area too for intermissions.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, usually some of the player's fathers fire up the grill and grill food for everyone.
Actually I am being told this is incorrect, I was given some false information.

Sorry.

Duke of Douchington

Needle Mover
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get the questions (but like I said, if that guy was questioning my hockey fandom, it's sincerely cute as fuck) or the jokes.

The local junior team had a viewing party at the arena and did not "staff" it.

Of course it's not an NHL team, but it's not like "viewing parties" are a 50 year tradition where my question has an obvious answer.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get the questions (but like I said, if that guy was questioning my hockey fandom, it's sincerely cute as fuck) or the jokes.

The local junior team had a viewing party at the arena and did not "staff" it.

Of course it's not an NHL team, but it's not like "viewing parties" are a 50 year tradition where my question has an obvious answer.

I would bet that concession sales are the prime reason teams started doing it. Can't imagine its worth opening the doors at all without the 7 dollar beers.

Can't say I'm a fan of tickets to such an event, but then again Edmonton sells tickets to walk the concourse. I guess it was only a matter of time. Owners will take every penny they can get. Can't wait for one to figure out how to make money on the outdoor events like Winni, Vegas and Caps have done. Rope off a section around the arena and charge 20 bucks a head to get in?

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
I went to one in 1994, so they've been going for a while

and yes, NHL arenas will staff them with security, concessions, souvenir shops will be open, etc.
can't remember if they had a 50/50, I was too busy drinking.

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At previous watch parties they had $4 beers before puck drop. Don't know if they're going to do that if doors open at 3 with the Mystics Game.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

First, you right Devante. Man's a shit stain.

Second, probably shouldn't have said it. I am sure it was in response to a question from some click-hunter "reporter" but now it could blow up.

Third, NOW ESPN will cover hockey

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Second, probably shouldn't have said it. I am sure it was in response to a question from some click-hunter "reporter" but now it could blow up.

Win the damn cup first or your visit to WH ain't happening DSP. All this talk they have it sewn up is driving me nuts :drink:

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wonder what his decision is?

Markwassillylaugher

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Win the damn cup first or your visit to WH ain't happening DSP. All this talk they have it sewn up is driving me nuts :drink:

This series ends in just 5 games. Vegas has given their fans a season to remember, but the Caps are just too deep a squad. :thumb: :yes:

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it certainly looks like the Caps have this locked up! Sure, they do have a brutal record up 3-1 in the playoffs (something like 7 and 5???) but I just don't see it with this squad. Kuznetsov and OV are putting up Geno/Sid circa 2009-like performances, Holtby is looking composed and stellar, and that's freed up guys like Backstrom/Oshie to shine in supporting roles.

What's crazy is, this is IMO their worst team of the past three seasons. Maybe the difference is Kuznetsov found his playoff game and Holtby is playing consistently. But it makes you wonder if the Penguins preemptively prevented a Caps three-peat! :D

If your a Caps fan, make sure you go out tonight for the game! You don't want to miss the chance to celebrate something this big without a crowd. I'm actively rooting against you guys (hard) but if the Caps win, I certainly hope you enjoy it to the utmost degree!

(Go Vegas!)

Duke of Douchington

Needle Mover
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's crazy is, this is IMO their worst team of the past three seasons. Maybe the difference is Kuznetsov found his playoff game and Holtby is playing consistently. But it makes you wonder if the Penguins preemptively prevented a Caps three-peat! :D

Granted I'm new to t'Hoop and unaware of all the memes you people have, but this blows my fucking mind every time I see it.

He's the current active leader in playoff save percentage of any goalie in the league...and this season is actually lower than his career average (and 20 points lower than his best two playoffs...)

Your Kuzenetsov point is likely the benefactor.

...as is First Line Tom Wilson.

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Granted I'm new to t'Hoop and unaware of all the memes you people have, but this blows my fucking mind every time I see it.

He's the current active leader in playoff save percentage of any goalie in the league...and this season is actually lower than his career average (and 20 points lower than his best two playoffs...)

Your Kuzenetsov point is likely the benefactor.

I haven't watched all Caps series, so I'm going a bit by what I've seen other Caps fans say on HFboards; he seems to be one of the prime whipping boys when the Caps have lost a series.

I know his numbers, but I also know that in pro sports, rightly or wrongly, athletes are judged based on their performances in "big games". And if you play a position where a very strong or weak game can have an outsize effect, (like goalie or pitcher in baseball) then that judgement is multiplied.

So consistency might not be the right word. But he was stellar in games 5 and 6 against Pittsburgh, and didn't he pitch two shutouts in games 6 and 7 of the conference final? The fact is, in this era, your goalie has to be hot (not just consistent), and hot at the right time, if you want to win. Holtby seems to be providing that this year.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hope he spends the whole time doing Milbury impressions.