• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Stanley Cup Finals: San Jose Sharks vs Pittsburgh Penguins

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes...I thought it would go to Kessel or Murray and maybe even Letang...Sid was 4th on my list. A -2 doesn't scream Connie. One point better than Bonino...sorry...not hating and not losing one drop of sleep over it but it does give one pause.

So, the Pens are now 4 for 5 in Stanleys!!!!!

Man I love this shit

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes...I thought it would go to Kessel or Murray and maybe even Letang...Sid was 4th on my list. A -2 doesn't scream Connie. One point better than Bonino...sorry...not hating and not losing one drop of sleep over it but it does give one pause.

Man I love this shit
4 out of 5 ain't bad :suds:

Wish we could get 2008 back tho :tsk:

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Man I love this shit

No, i don't really care either, scouty. it's a very subjective vote. The Stanley Cup is the trophy that counts. Sid picked up the Conn and skated it directly to the bench. He knew what hardware meant the most at that time, and it wasn't the wooden one.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, i don't really care either, scouty. it's a very subjective vote. The Stanley Cup is the trophy that counts. Sid picked up the Conn and skated it directly to the bench. He knew what hardware meant the most at that time, and it wasn't the wooden one.
All the Conn Smythe means to me is that it's another thing that we could use to make fun of OV fans :dhd:

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worst thing about the Pens winning the Cup is that I can't take Shark Week seriously anymore. They should have Penguin Week instead...
:doobs:

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of OV, you can't even consider him to be a suitable rival for Sid anymore.

Sid...
etv9ac1-gif.127263.gif
kjakkz7-gif.127264.gif
mv61blk-gif.127265.gif
zjxc6mr-gif.127266.gif

OV...
ctierbs-gif.127267.gif
bb8ey33-gif.127268.gif
bu17ddj-gif.127269.gif

Sid easily won this feud, it's not even a fair comparison anymore :dhd:

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jpeg.jpg

SAN JOSE, Calif. — As Pascal Dupuis stood in the press box for the national anthem before every Penguins playoff game this postseason, he found that old habits died hard.

He would shift anxiously from foot to foot, trying to stay loose, just like the players on the bench were doing.

With one foot in the world of the players on the ice and another in the world of management, Dupuis lifted his second Stanley Cup on Sunday night in San Jose.

He pulled on his white No. 9 Penguins jersey and took the ice to celebrate with teammates just after the clock struck zero on a 3-1 Game 6 victory.

“It's a great feeling. You come on the ice and I knew it was basically the last time I would put this on,” Dupuis said, pointing to the crest on his chest. “To come on the ice and the Stanley Cup is there, it's obviously a great moment.”

Dupuis started the season intent on playing despite a history of blood clots. He tried a regimen of blood-thinning injections, but on Dec. 8, after a series of health scares, he decided to call an end to his playing career. He will remain with the organization in a yet-unspecified managerial capacity.

It was an emotional day at a small practice rink in suburban Denver when he announced he was stepping away from the game. It was equally as emotional when he lifted the Cup for the second and final time Sunday night at the SAP Center.

“It was hard for me personally, but depressed? Not at all,” Dupuis said. “You saw the way they were playing. It was winning hockey, and that's all that matters to me. These guys winning, I knew I couldn't play, but it's definitely not my personality to be depressed or jealous of anybody.”

Dupuis was the third player to touch the Stanley Cup, getting it after captain Sidney Crosby handed it first to injured defenseman Trevor Daley.

“Duper, obviously what he's been through the last couple years, the type of teammate he's been, just the way he's approached everything, I think he would have loved to have been playing,” Crosby said. “This is as good as we could have done without him playing. That was special.”

Jonathan Bombulie is a Tribune-Review staff writer. Reach him at @BombulieTrib.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 127377

SAN JOSE, Calif. — As Pascal Dupuis stood in the press box for the national anthem before every Penguins playoff game this postseason, he found that old habits died hard.

He would shift anxiously from foot to foot, trying to stay loose, just like the players on the bench were doing.

With one foot in the world of the players on the ice and another in the world of management, Dupuis lifted his second Stanley Cup on Sunday night in San Jose.

He pulled on his white No. 9 Penguins jersey and took the ice to celebrate with teammates just after the clock struck zero on a 3-1 Game 6 victory.

“It's a great feeling. You come on the ice and I knew it was basically the last time I would put this on,” Dupuis said, pointing to the crest on his chest. “To come on the ice and the Stanley Cup is there, it's obviously a great moment.”

Dupuis started the season intent on playing despite a history of blood clots. He tried a regimen of blood-thinning injections, but on Dec. 8, after a series of health scares, he decided to call an end to his playing career. He will remain with the organization in a yet-unspecified managerial capacity.

It was an emotional day at a small practice rink in suburban Denver when he announced he was stepping away from the game. It was equally as emotional when he lifted the Cup for the second and final time Sunday night at the SAP Center.

“It was hard for me personally, but depressed? Not at all,” Dupuis said. “You saw the way they were playing. It was winning hockey, and that's all that matters to me. These guys winning, I knew I couldn't play, but it's definitely not my personality to be depressed or jealous of anybody.”

Dupuis was the third player to touch the Stanley Cup, getting it after captain Sidney Crosby handed it first to injured defenseman Trevor Daley.

“Duper, obviously what he's been through the last couple years, the type of teammate he's been, just the way he's approached everything, I think he would have loved to have been playing,” Crosby said. “This is as good as we could have done without him playing. That was special.”

Jonathan Bombulie is a Tribune-Review staff writer. Reach him at @BombulieTrib.
That was a great moment, so happy for him :clap:

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Daley and Dupuis getting the cup 2nd and 3rd just goes to show what a class organization the Pens and their players/coaches are!!!

They are both class people/players and deserved it.
Penguins' Daley receives Stanley Cup first
I wish this video showed it but it didn't but Daley's mother is fighting cancer right now and how he dedicated this to her.