• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Stanley Cup Finals: San Jose Sharks vs Pittsburgh Penguins

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the 4th team would be the Bears, but there is no chance in hell they ever win a super bowl with Jay Cutler at QB.
Bears problem is their philosophy IMO. Ever since I started paying attention to the NFL, their identity has been their run game. In the modern day NFL, seems like it's all about passing. Greatest attribute of a good runningback in modern times seems to be their ability to pass block.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears problem is their philosophy IMO. Ever since I started paying attention to the NFL, their identity has been their run game. In the modern day NFL, seems like it's all about passing. Greatest attribute of a good runningback in modern times seems to be their ability to pass block.

Yeah and deep passes.

I barely watch anymore.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
eGKRTtM.gif
yHBrNqz.gif

TfxDGkJ.gif

V0mRd7K.gif

JrgwIQj.gif

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watch him play a lot because I admire the way he plays. It's not a big secret: I think he's the best player in the game. He just sees the game the right way, he always has. He's on a different level when he's playing like he is right now.... What Sid has is a little bit of an extra gear as far as his passing ability, his playmaking ability, the ability to make players around him on his team that much better.
-Wayne Gretzky

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ Penguin fans arguing about who should've won the Conn Smythe :L

#PenguinFanProblems

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to get ahead of myself, but I haven't seen a team dominate all of their opponents with sheer speed in my lifetime. I don't think any team has done this since the Edmonton Oilers of the 1980s, and that team had talent like Wayne Gretzky, Mark Messier, Paul Coffey, Jarri Kurri, & Glenn Anderson (all hall of famers). I think the Pens have for sure 4 hall of famers in Sid, Geno, Kessel, & Tang. Nick Bonino, Bryan Rust, & Conor Sheary all have a chance of being our Glenn Anderson. Matt Murray is already ahead of Grant Fuhr's pace.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO Sid wining the Con was an acknowledgement that the whole team deserved the Con. Allowing the Sharks just 2 shots on goal in the 3rd period is a testament to that team first philology of the Pens the second half of the season and throughout the playoffs. Who do you reward when a team pulls together and plays that way, The Captain of course! (AND, the Coach too!!!)

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO Sid wining the Con was an acknowledgement that the whole team deserved the Con. Allowing the Sharks just 2 shots on goal in the 3rd period is a testament to that team first philology of the Pens the second half of the season and throughout the playoffs. Who do you reward when a team pulls together and plays that way, The Captain of course! (AND, the Coach too!!!)
Agreed, Sid was the symbol of our turnaround this season...
"Oh captain, my captain..."
:salute:

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think people need to realize that the Conn Smythe trophy is voted on by the Prof. Hockey Writers Assoc. The majority of the folks that are in that association are good ole' Canadian hockey writers, with a few USA'ers sprinkled in. When there wasn't a clear cut choice, and four or five guys are vying for the MVP, it's just not a shocking result. 3 votes were given to the Pitt media, 3 were given to the San Jose media and the rest were given to the PHWA that have covered the majority of the post-season.

I mean, is it really a stunner that they gave the trophy to another good ole' Canadian boy? If given the choice, did you think they'd give it to the French Canadian(Letang), or, *gasp* the American(Kessel)?