• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stanley Cup Finals - (1) Vancouver Canucks vs (3) Boston Bruins

BlueandWhiteForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with everything you said, but if there's a goalie in the league who can crumple up logic and reasoning and wipe his ass with it, it's Timmah.

I'm kind of torn on this one. I'd like to see the Vancouver fans finally get a Cup, and I like the Sedins and Kesler... but I'm a huge TT fan as well. I guess I'll find out who I'm rooting for as the series develops.

Thomas is a difference maker no doubt about it. That being said, Vancouver have run into 3 goalies playing lights out in these playoffs and have conquered them all.

naslundfan19

Boredom Savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1:52 mark.:D

Last edited by a moderator:

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thomas is a difference maker no doubt about it. That being said, Vancouver have run into 3 goalies playing lights out in these playoffs and have conquered them all.

Good point. Niemi surprised me, I thought he was a product of Chicago's defense but he really stood on his head. Also I don't think Boston's see a one-two punch like the Sedin line followed by the Kesler line.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we get every game in the finals officiated like the game tonight?!? The zebras get a ton of grief directed their way, but tonight they did an excellent job.

BlueandWhiteForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point. Niemi surprised me, I thought he was a product of Chicago's defense but he really stood on his head. Also I don't think Boston's see a one-two punch like the Sedin line followed by the Kesler line.

It's Vancouver's depth that should win them the series. The Sedins, followed by Kesler's line then that high energy 3rd line just wears the opposition down. Chara will have to do at least the same job Shea Weber and Ryan Suter did in the Nashville series to keep the Canucks in check. But you would have to think eventually, the big guy will start wearing down, especially with the Robots hitting their stride in the Sharks series.

BostonAJ

They fucking won?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Can we get every game in the finals officiated like the game tonight?!? The zebras get a ton of grief directed their way, but tonight they did an excellent job.

First playoff game in like, 20 years without a penalty.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
go_canucks_go-4163.gif

BlueandWhiteForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know, Boston has pretty good depth. I think the PP/PK is where the Canucks have a HUGE advantage right now.

I agree, but Vancouver's is a little better and has better top end scoring. If there was ever a time for Lucic to show up in a series, this one will be it.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know, Boston has pretty good depth. I think the PP/PK is where the Canucks have a HUGE advantage right now.

When Rich Peverley is your teams 4th line Center, DEPTH isn't a problem. Team speed is where I think Vancouver has an advantage. I agree with you on the PP/PK as well.

BostonAJ

They fucking won?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think the PP/PK is where the Canucks have a HUGE advantage right now.

What are you talking about?!?!? Boston's PP is all the way up to 8.2%. Why don't you do a little research before you start in with that shit?

/Seriously tho, that's gotta be some kind of record for a finalist.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
go Boston
Not only because I was born in Mass. but still a little peeved at the Canadiens for 93 and I don't know that Canadiens and Canadians are not the same thing.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are you talking about?!?!? Boston's PP is all the way up to 8.2%. Why don't you do a little research before you start in with that shit?

/Seriously tho, that's gotta be some kind of record for a finalist.

Wasn't Kaberle supposed to help in that area?:D: It's like the Bruins are winning despite him.

BostonAJ

They fucking won?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Did everyone notice that the Bruins didn't use any confetti for a conference championship?

BlueandWhiteForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't Kaberle supposed to help in that area?:D: It's like the Bruins are winning despite him.

That's the one thing about the Bruins winning that is really annoying me. Seeing Kaberle win that Cup would be horrible, all he is doing is taking up space out there.

BlueandWhiteForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did everyone notice that the Bruins didn't use any confetti for a conference championship?

That whole celebration seemed to be a little gamesmanship by the Bruins to what happened in Vancouver I think. As if the Bruins were saying "We have more respect for our trophy so we will pose as a team"