• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stanley Cup Finals - (1) Vancouver Canucks vs (3) Boston Bruins

KillerVee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am on the subway. I am wearing a damn shirt.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Story airing on the CBC Vancouver news right now - Bears on the Sea-to-Sky Highway (hungry for food and a Cup)

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am on the subway. I am wearing a damn shirt.

That's crazy, I have that shirt too.

damn_tshirt-p235576789678894481ocr7_400.jpg

BlueandWhiteForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I and a lot of other people got the Stanley Cup final we were hoping for when the playoffs began. This is a very appealing matchup in many ways, most noteworthy being it is one between a Canadian team and an original six team.

As for an early series assessment, I am going with the Canucks in six games to take the title. My main reasoning is for as good as Boston is in the physical department, they have yet to be challenged in that area in any of their previous 3 playoff rounds. Tampa Bay hardly made them pay a physical toll during the ECF. Vancouver will. They are big strong and aggressive and have a guy in Raffi Torres who as already hurt two players in these playoffs.

Boston needs their power play to be better and have the same puck control they showed in game 7 tonight if they have any chance to win this series. And of course, Tim Thomas has to be great. The entire way, not just a few games here and there. The Bruins got away with it against the Lightning, but Thomas can't have one or two bad efforts this time.

For Vancouver, their defense has to be better in their own end. Boston's forecheck is terrific and causes plenty of turnovers. Guys like Edler and Salo have to stop their in decision in their own end and get that puck out quickly and accurately.

Anyway, if both teams play at their best, I think Vancouver is just too much for the Bruins to handle. Everything in these playoffs is pointing to it being the Canucks' year, but I guess we will see starting on Wednesday.

MrMagooo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well I and a lot of other people got the Stanley Cup final we were hoping for when the playoffs began. This is a very appealing matchup in many ways, most noteworthy being it is one between a Canadian team and an original six team.

As for an early series assessment, I am going with the Canucks in six games to take the title. My main reasoning is for as good as Boston is in the physical department, they have yet to be challenged in that area in any of their previous 3 playoff rounds. Tampa Bay hardly made them pay a physical toll during the ECF. Vancouver will. They are big strong and aggressive and have a guy in Raffi Torres who as already hurt two players in these playoffs.

Boston needs their power play to be better and have the same puck control they showed in game 7 tonight if they have any chance to win this series. And of course, Tim Thomas has to be great. The entire way, not just a few games here and there. The Bruins got away with it against the Lightning, but Thomas can't have one or two bad efforts this time.

For Vancouver, their defense has to be better in their own end. Boston's forecheck is terrific and causes plenty of turnovers. Guys like Edler and Salo have to stop their in decision in their own end and get that puck out quickly and accurately.

Anyway, if both teams play at their best, I think Vancouver is just too much for the Bruins to handle. Everything in these playoffs is pointing to it being the Canucks' year, but I guess we will see starting on Wednesday.

Fair points.

I dont make predictions when my team is in it. All good valid points. Never know what is gonna happen until the game is played.

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with everything you said, but if there's a goalie in the league who can crumple up logic and reasoning and wipe his ass with it, it's Timmah.

I'm kind of torn on this one. I'd like to see the Vancouver fans finally get a Cup, and I like the Sedins and Kesler... but I'm a huge TT fan as well. I guess I'll find out who I'm rooting for as the series develops.

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So your all on the Nucks bandwagon huh? Well we got Dash, our secret weapon!!! And I'm blessing the Bruins right now. The Canucks are doomed.

[YOUTUBE]g1APmQAgS-8[/YOUTUBE]

And for good measure

Last edited by a moderator:

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit's favorite son seems to have good memories of Boston's last Cup win. Bob will sway me far more than any rep can.

[YOUTUBE]bvJjbMi-SPU[/YOUTUBE]

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about some more theme music with a Boston flavour?

beantownmaniac

Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's to TT

beantownmaniac