• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stanley Cup Finals - (1) Vancouver Canucks vs (3) Boston Bruins

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chicken Parm made a very good point (paraphrasing here) - "If you are a teammate of Daniel's and you know that he won't respond to those punches, then you gotta step in for him and send a message for game 7. This game is over and short of a suspension, you have to do something."

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chicken Parm made a very good point (paraphrasing here) - "If you are a teammate of Daniel's and you know that he won't respond to those punches, then you gotta step in for him and send a message for game 7. This game is over and short of a suspension, you have to do something."

I hope fore his sake, Mrs. Sedin wasn't watching. His home life could go south very quickly, as he passes 'the pants' to the wife.:behindsofa:

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

so then they get ripped in the media for "playing Bostons game" or "letting them get under their skin"

yah i would have liked a response ... but thats not their team and the "tough-er" canucks on the ice on that play were engaged with Thornton ... didnt realize its ok to punch away at another guys head with impunity

heroic play by Marchand there ... lets celebrate it ... but god forbid he bites someone who puts their fingers in his mouth

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
heroic play by Marchand there ... lets celebrate it ... but god forbid he bites someone who puts their fingers in his mouth

well, we disagree on that one, I thought Burrows moved his head to get a better angle before chomping down, but meh whatever.

Also, the Sedins will likely be criticized whatever course of action they take, so I guess I'd like to see them go down swinging with the game out of reach.

/If Daniel and Henrik show up big time in game 7 and the Canucks win, that's all that most people will remember.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
isnt this the dirtiest series you have ever seen. Boychuck better get suspended on that LATE hit. maybe Raymond should have been taken off on a stretcher (Im serious he should have) that was very very serious. nice to hear the boston fans heckle him. very classy.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
isnt this the dirtiest series you have ever seen. Boychuck better get suspended on that LATE hit. maybe Raymond should have been taken off on a stretcher (Im serious he should have) that was very very serious. nice to hear the boston fans heckle him. very classy.

league is not even looking at it ... said there was nothing malicious to it

nevermind that Boychuk was finishing a check well after the puck had left and he got Raymond into a vulnerable position by using a can opener

last time i checked thats interference ... throw in a "severe" injury and you have ... no reason to review!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sedin said he asked Sutherland why he wasn't calling a penalty and the referee responded with 'I will'. Sedin jokingly replied, 'When, after the fifth punch?'

theres your 10 min misconduct Daniel

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
last time i checked thats interference ... throw in a "severe" injury!

hmm where did we see this before? oh um rome/horton

so whats the call then. Rome is a dirty fuck and Boychuk was just finishing his play and playing hard.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hmm where did we see this before? oh um rome/horton

so whats the call then. Rome is a dirty fuck and Boychuk was just finishing his play and playing hard.

some heroes would call him a piece of shit :L

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im also not going to speculate on Raymonds injury until its officially announced. its bad. REALLY bad I know that and Im not sure why they choose not to take him off on a stretcher. I hope he recovers well.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No maybes about it. he should have been taken off on a stretcher...It looked like a back-related injury to me initially which requires a stretcher everytime (or a tarp if you play in the KHL).

As for Bruins fans heckling/cheering, unfortunately a few will end up painting the general populace with that wide brush once again.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No maybes about it. he should have been taken off on a stretcher...It looked like a back-related injury to me initially which requires a stretcher everytime (or a tarp if you play in the KHL).

As for Bruins fans heckling/cheering, unfortunately a few will end up painting the general populace with that wide brush once again.

a few dash? they chanted the whole time he was down. we would get fucking butchered all over the boards for that. but hey. thats ok.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lol its not "a few" when its audible in the arena

heres "a few" fans chanting flopper

45 seconds

[youtube]qn97tELtNTI&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

Last edited by a moderator:

loki604

Don't Blame the Refs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well I've been following the series closely and it's very interesting. I have been greatly entertained at times, horrified at others, disgusted, thrilled, surprised, and excited. So I guess in that sense it has been very successful from this "neutral" fan's perspective (I say neutral; though I do want Boston to win, it's not really going to bother me if the Nucks take it).

Looking forward to an awesome game seven (Multiple OT's please!). Congrats to both teams for getting this far. I'll be looking forward to seeing one of your squads raise Lord Stanley on Wednesday.

Cheers.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In no way am I defending the fans who cheered and mocked Raymond as he lay on the ice. It was a strange play all around as it happened away from the play and there was no big crunching sound indicating that a player might be severely injured.

I should have phrased it that a few started the mocking and then a classic case of mob mentality took over. Not a good scene at all.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In no way am I defending the fans who cheered and mocked Raymond as he lay on the ice. It was a strange play all around as it happened away from the play and there was no big crunching sound indicating that a player might be severely injured.

I should have phrased it that a few started the mocking and then a classic case of mob mentality took over. Not a good scene at all.

i think the fact the fans were chanting like that influenced how Mike Bernstein (trainer) handled Raymond on the ice (ie not calling for the stretcher) and maybe even Raymonds reaction ... wouldnt be surprised to hear Raymond wanted to get off the ice on his feet

poorly handled by a trained pro like Bernstein but under those conditions and with how the media has portrayed the canucks and the overriding "get up" philosophy that envelops every player ... i can see why it played out that way

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel bad for what happened to Raymond, but I didn't think Boychuk's hit was either a penalty or something that should be even considered for a suspension. The puck was underneath the two as the check began and he finished it into the boards, but I didn't see any excessive or malicious force from Boychuk and it wasn't like Raymond's head was facing the boards or anything. I think it's just an unfortunate set of circumstances.

Now what the Bruins' fans did I found disgusting. A guy is down on the ice, a cheer goes up and then they start chanting. You show some respect and human decency there and show a little concern and let the trainers/doctors do their job. And when the guy gets up and goes off the ice, you certainly give him some applause, which they never did. Not classy at all.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From TSN:

Vancouver Canucks forward Mason Raymond reportedly will not return for Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Final and will need four-to-six months of recovery after suffering a back and hip injury in Monday’s 5-2 loss to the Boston Bruins.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel bad for what happened to Raymond, but I didn't think Boychuk's hit was either a penalty or something that should be even considered for a suspension. The puck was underneath the two as the check began and he finished it into the boards, but I didn't see any excessive or malicious force from Boychuk and it wasn't like Raymond's head was facing the boards or anything. I think it's just an unfortunate set of circumstances.

he used a can opener to spin Raymond into a vulnerable position and drove him into the boards after the puck was long gone ... late hit ... thats interference ... resulting in a serious injury ... I just dont see the equity ... but by now Im resigned to the fact it wont come

that "piece of shit" Rome made a hockey play (dman stepping up at the blue line) and was late with the hit that put out Horton ... Mike Murphy used ONLY 2 criteria in determining his length of suspension 1)late hit and 2)serious injury

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Off to Boston straight from work tomorrow, can't fucking wait!