• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Stanley Cup Final - Tampa Bay Lightning vs. Dallas Stars

tsawchuk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it counts, I mean the Stars eliminated the Avs and Knights while the Bolts took out the President trophy winners on their way to the SCF. Whomever wins this is fully deserving of being crowned champion.
I hear what you're saying Dash....I mean they followed the "rules" which these days who even knows what the rules & proper procedures are. Just because the office dictates them doesn't mean they're right?

I've tried to look at this from a player & a fans point of view. If I was a player this just wouldn't feel like the Full Monty to me, kinda like the idiot did in '61 with Maris' 61. Something lacking, not quite ringing the true bell.

From a fans point of view, well that kinda depends on which team you're a fan of. Toronto fans might be more inclined to be forgiving & grab any cup they can get their hands on, ya know? Vancouver too. Hey, even Buffalo.

But I wonder about the aging hockey purists in Habsville & what their viewpoint might be of the whole debacle, debacle being my words, or those who have won a couple three cups in more recent years like LA or the Hawks.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just couldn't drag myself to the TV to watch this one. I see Stammer scored. Did Pierre let out audible moans?

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could care less about this series and have not watched a second of it, but I think the winner will be a legit winner. No need for an asterix or anything in my opinion. It was still a long process and all the teams had the same advantages/disadvantages so I think it counts without qualification.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear what you're saying Dash....I mean they followed the "rules" which these days who even knows what the rules & proper procedures are. Just because the office dictates them doesn't mean they're right?

I've tried to look at this from a player & a fans point of view. If I was a player this just wouldn't feel like the Full Monty to me, kinda like the idiot did in '61 with Maris' 61. Something lacking, not quite ringing the true bell.

From a fans point of view, well that kinda depends on which team you're a fan of. Toronto fans might be more inclined to be forgiving & grab any cup they can get their hands on, ya know? Vancouver too. Hey, even Buffalo.

But I wonder about the aging hockey purists in Habsville & what their viewpoint might be of the whole debacle, debacle being my words, or those who have won a couple three cups in more recent years like LA or the Hawks.

Nice post tsawchuk - I think the league tried to set up a scenario to determine a champion when facing something that they haven't had to deal with in basically a century (and no, I wasn't around when the Spanish Flu wiped out the 1919 playoffs). Bettman was determined to have a Stanley Cup champion this year and I think the league deserves credit for pulling this off.

In my opinion, I think the only way that this Cup would have an asterisk attached to it would have been if a team that essentially had no shot at making the playoffs this year (say Chicago or Montreal) would have gone on to with the Cup. As it stands, you have two of the top teams in the league battling it out and with it being two teams that were part of the Bettman southern expansion plan, he's gotta be smiling from ear-to-ear.

buffhockey

When the musics over
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just couldn't drag myself to the TV to watch this one. I see Stammer scored. Did Pierre let out audible moans?
Pierre isn’t in the glass, he’s doing intermission and end of game interviews.

So he was off camera and didn’t have to hold back...

tsawchuk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bettman southern expansion plan, he's gotta be smiling from ear-to-ear.

You had me Dash until the visual of B-Man smiling. I'm sorry he just creeps me the eff out. ;)

Ok maybe I call Spectrum today so I can watch the last couple of games. Gotta be weird as hell watching a Cup Final with nobody home but them playing chickens. Then again for the players, how many of them started out on a pond with a bunch of other boys after school, they sure weren't playing for an audience then, but I damn well know what they were dreaming of. :)

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could care less about this series and have not watched a second of it, but I think the winner will be a legit winner. No need for an asterix or anything in my opinion. It was still a long process and all the teams had the same advantages/disadvantages so I think it counts without qualification.
Full disclosure - If the Bruins were playing I'd say the finals and the finals winner should have unlimited asterisks. Conn Smyth winner too.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Full disclosure - If the Bruins were playing I'd say the finals and the finals winner should have unlimited asterisks. Conn Smyth winner too.
To be fair, every bruins cup win should have an asterisk:)

/Fun fact: jeremy jacobs food service company delaware norths logo is basically an asterisk lol

//1600977828746.jpeg

naslundfan19

Boredom Savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1-0 Dallas. Klingberg on the first shot.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Klingberg has enough space to eat a Kit Kat Chunky bar lol

naslundfan19

Boredom Savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ground ball through the hole and we are tied.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is that not a penalty on Johnson for tripping? Just one more example of the zebras turning the other way when the Bolts have an infraction.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vasievelevsky in net tonight

ImpoliteBriskGrackle-size_restricted.gif