• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stalock & Brown resign

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Check out @KKurzCSN's Tweet:

Last edited by a moderator:

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Check out @KKurzCSN's Tweet:

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Check out @PollakOnSharks's Tweet:
:wtf2:

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
1.6M per for stalock is OK. Not cheap, but I suppose as a UFA he might have gotten something like that. I suppose its OK. However, 1.2M per for brown? I dont get it. Yes, he and his line were excellent in the PO's, but now dougie has 3M per to burish and brown, two frequent scratches who add little. I dont love this resign, but I suppose its only 400k above market. wont make a huge difference...

the big question is what is dougie gunna do with all the cap space saved on havlat and boyle. Thats 12M off the cap. I hope he doesnt throw it away by overpaying some shlub.

I wonder when the trades start pouring in. the draft is just 10 days away, so I would expect some movement pretty soon, and some more buyouts like booth and leino.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
1.6M per for stalock is OK. Not cheap, but I suppose as a UFA he might have gotten something like that. I suppose its OK. However, 1.2M per for brown? I dont get it. Yes, he and his line were excellent in the PO's, but now dougie has 3M per to burish and brown, two frequent scratches who add little. I dont love this resign, but I suppose its only 400k above market. wont make a huge difference...

the big question is what is dougie gunna do with all the cap space saved on havlat and boyle. Thats 12M off the cap. I hope he doesnt throw it away by overpaying some shlub.

I wonder when the trades start pouring in. the draft is just 10 days away, so I would expect some movement pretty soon, and some more buyouts like booth and leino.

Are Buyouts a tradeable asset? The sharks will have one after the Havlat buyout, should be interesting.

I like Brown being resigned but i dont like the price either, almost wonder if Burrish is a buyout too? Oh well time to see if Dougies money is were his mouth is, i think a deal for Spezza is still a possability

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Are Buyouts a tradeable asset? The sharks will have one after the Havlat buyout, should be interesting.

I like Brown being resigned but i dont like the price either, almost wonder if Burrish is a buyout too? Oh well time to see if Dougies money is were his mouth is, i think a deal for Spezza is still a possability

If they go after spezza, the price better be damn cheap. Spezza is an older, oft-injured virtual rental. Id love to have him for free, but I wouldnt deal any major assets. I dont see him coming here in light of dougie's whole youth movement.

Burrish buyouts makes all the sense in the world given the price, injury risk, and term. However, they like his personality, so I dunno...

I would LOVE dougie to make a serious play for stastny but he basically said that with the thin UFA market this year, he's unlikely to go shopping. I would expect major overpays for sub-standard UFA's with the extra cash. Pouliot, downie, Bolland all might be targets but likely for 4M per or more given dougie's history. I would doubt he'll land a top guy like stastny.