• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Staley Extended

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Staley deserved it! He was playing on an underpaid contract and didn't bitch about it out loud. He has the best personality and is a niner for life. Boone while underpaid and doing what a lot of players do needs to remember one thing. Mike singletary saved his career a la VD who is in the same boat lol. Boone was considered a head case and a waste of talent just like VD and singletary got them to get it together. If they continue to hold out in training camp then there selfish. Or at least VD is the most. Boone can use a raise but he was almost out of this league so he should be grateful. It's all a business.

RhojiF

Rhoji
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Remember when you guys went crazy on the ESPN message boards?

You guys were so upset because you wanted Tony Ugoh :laugh3:

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Staley deserved it! He was playing on an underpaid contract and didn't bitch about it out loud. He has the best personality and is a niner for life. Boone while underpaid and doing what a lot of players do needs to remember one thing. Mike singletary saved his career a la VD who is in the same boat lol. Boone was considered a head case and a waste of talent just like VD and singletary got them to get it together. If they continue to hold out in training camp then there selfish. Or at least VD is the most. Boone can use a raise but he was almost out of this league so he should be grateful. It's all a business.

Quote by Matt Maiocco in a recent chat. Vernon's love of the game is definitely in question.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 104

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm underpaid at my job, but i still show up.

fucking athletes

contracts means sh*t these days... in all sports.... in terms of being paid. you have a contract, you obliged to the end of that contract....

too much power is given IMO.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
contracts means sh*t these days... in all sports.... in terms of being paid. you have a contract, you obliged to the end of that contract....

too much power is given IMO.

I don't agree in football. The contracts aren't guaranteed. Plenty of lesser players get cut with little detriment to the team every season. And careers are incredibly short. I don't fault these guys for trying to get better contracts. I don't love the way they're going about it, but if I were Boone, I would consider holding out as well.

I've got to assume Boone's agents asked for an extension, were rebuffed (at least in terms of value), and are using this as a negotiating tactic. The reality is that this is a tough situation for both sides. Boone is really underpaid for his productivity. I'm sure the Niners recognize that and would be willing to give him more than he's currently getting. But the Niners probably aren't going to pay him what he wants, and they aren't just going to give him more money without an extension. There may just not be a middle ground on this one, and then it becomes a question of whether the Niners will try to trade him, or if he's willing to hold out into the season. This one could get pretty ugly, even if the FO's intentions are mostly good.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
looking ahead, don't think Davis and Boone will be the only ones.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Davis & Boone will both be at training camp & game 1 against Dallas. I'm not the lest bit worried.

This is a good thing that happened. Davis essentially forfeited $200K of his salary so far. More cap room for the rest! :D

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
@AlbertBreer

2-year extension on 49ers LT Joe Staley's deal adds $12M to existing 4 years. $6M bonus added in '15, $4M bonus in '16, $2M raise in '17.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I love that the Niners won't have to worry about Staley becoming a free agent any time soon, but I would've preferred they extended Culliver's deal first.

And Dorsey.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Davis & Boone will both be at training camp & game 1 against Dallas. I'm not the lest bit worried.

This is a good thing that happened. Davis essentially forfeited $200K of his salary so far. More cap room for the rest! :D

agree on Davis, else how is he going to promote his brand? the only way to promote it is play well.

not so sure on Boone, he has to stay out till the 49ers offer to negotiate. but now that Staley is taken care of, the 49ers might TRY to work on Iupati first?

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He deserved a raise, now time to give Boone the contract that he deserves.

Lol at the idea if extending Culliver right now. Chris Cook might beat him out as starter and Culliver really hasn't done much to warrant an extension to begin with.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 506.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Business is business.
If I am correct Boone signed a contract 4 years ago having played through half of that contract. When he signed it he knew he was currently a backup with hopes for more.
Now, more has happened and he wants some love.
I would not redo a guy with 2 years left on his contract. His base salary more than doubles this year to $2M but strangely falls back to $1.25M next year(2015).
I would tell him he needs to have a solid year this year with a team 1st attitude and then he will be richer than he ever imagined next year in a long term contract.
Your team is in the power spot on this play. They can make Boone rot for 2 years if he elects to hold out. SF already has a solid line and losing 1 piece wont derail your year.

If you need any proof in that, just look at our line.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Business is business.
If I am correct Boone signed a contract 4 years ago having played through half of that contract. When he signed it he knew he was currently a backup with hopes for more.
I would not redo a guy with 2 years left on his contract. His base salary more than doubles this year to $2M but strangely falls back to $1.25M next year(2015).
I would tell him he needs to have a solid year this year with a team 1st attitude and then he will be richer than he ever imagined next year in a long term contract.
Your team is in the power spot on this play. They can make Boone rot for 2 years if he elects to hold out. SF already has a solid line and losing 1 piece wont derail your year.

The Niners have frequently extended players with two years left on their deal. It's one of the ways they have kept players are below-market-rate prices. The new CBA affects their ability to do so with young players, but they still like to lock up certain guys well before they hit the market.

As I've said, I don't have a huge problem with what Boone has done to date, I just don't know that there is room for the two sides to meet in the middle on this one. Boone's current contract and his value are miles apart, and the Niners have been preparing for the loss of one or both OGs for a couple years now. They aren't going to make him a top-10 paid guard.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Business is business.

Your line came damn close to derailing the Hawks' year. They would have been the clear scapegoat if the defense wasn't quite as dominant as it was, or if Lynch and Wilson weren't uniquely suited to perform behind what was a downright terrible unit at times.

Though the Niners' OL is better than the Hawks' at pretty much every position except center, so yes, they most likely could absorb the loss of Boone.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Boone and the 49ers are quite far apart in terms of a contract figure and that Boone's agents are known to get their clients to hold out for more money.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Sounds like Boone and the 49ers are quite far apart in terms of a contract figure and that Boone's agents are known to get their clients to hold out for more money.

What are the figures being bandied about? I haven't paid really close attention this offseason, but I haven't seen any numbers from either side.