• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: St John's at Nova

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what a first half of basketball? extremely entertaining

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SJU is red hot right now and can be a tough match up for a lot of team in tourney.

Not a lot of size...but crazy length and they got 4 guys who score.

Streaky team though since they shoot like shit.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nova is gonna be a tough one to predict in the tourney.

On one hand I think they are a very dangerous match up for a lot of teams with their guards and experience.

But I also think a lot of teams can give them trouble. Kind of like their team last year.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nova is gonna be a tough one to predict in the tourney.

On one hand I think they are a very dangerous match up for a lot of teams with their guards and experience.

But I also think a lot of teams can give them trouble. Kind of like their team last year.

I think they'll avoid getting upset in the first two rounds, but any team with size and elite athleticism is going to be a huge challenge for them. I could see them getting knocked out in the Sweet 16.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know they have so many fricken weapons and no hogs

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they'll avoid getting upset in the first two rounds, but any team with size and elite athleticism is going to be a huge challenge for them. I could see them getting knocked out in the Sweet 16.

Completely agree on the size thing.

But I actually worry more about them in that 7/10 or 8/9 game than against a 4 or 5 seed. A lot of times teams in that 8/9 area are very flawed(that explain seed) but have something that makes them tough(size, defense, athletic)

I know it was the eventual champions Uconn last year but it's thlse type of teams that mess with Nova. They muck up the game and nova gets sloppy. I think against better teams Nova will play their game better.

Looking at the projected 3-5 seeds I like nova vs a lot of them.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
feels like nova has scored on every possession of this 2nd half

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
feels like nova has scored on every possession of this 2nd half

When they get a rhythm going they can be unstoppable for a while. If pinkston and ochefu get involved with their guards...so many weapons. And right now those two are killin it.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Villanova is very reliant on the three.

It can be quite frustrating to watch because as a fan, you don't want your team to be so reliant on such a low % shot.

I think a lot of teams can beat us. We are not that dominant team that is going to steamroll the mediocre. But then again, only a handful of college programs ever produce those kinds of teams.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Villanova is very reliant on the three.

It can be quite frustrating to watch because as a fan, you don't want your team to be so reliant on such a low % shot.

I think a lot of teams can beat us. We are not that dominant team that is going to steamroll the mediocre. But then again, only a handful of college programs ever produce those kinds of teams.

Yeah, not good to be reliant on the three because one off night will kill ya. I've seen you guys play a few times this year and you do move the ball around well and have a solid offense, just no true presence inside really…and that could hurt you guys pretty bad in crunch time of a close game both offensively and defensively.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, not good to be reliant on the three because one off night will kill ya. I've seen you guys play a few times this year and you do move the ball around well and have a solid offense, just no true presence inside really…and that could hurt you guys pretty bad in crunch time of a close game both offensively and defensively.

This year we actually have more of an inside presence than Villanova has had in recent memory.

Ochefu and Pinkston.

It's no Jahlil Okafor, but definitely the strongest interior game for over a decade.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year we actually have more of an inside presence than Villanova has had in recent memory.

Ochefu and Pinkston.

It's no Jahlil Okafor, but definitely the strongest interior game for over a decade.

You know a lot more about them than I do obviously, I've only seen them 3 times I think this year. I think Ochefu had a couple off games when I watched, but Pinkston looked pretty solid. Your PG (don't want to attempt to spell the name off the top of my head) is a great game manager and a typical Jay Wright type of PG. Scary team to face when hot from downtown.