• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SSD - its worth it for Windows 7

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't know about Linux yet but damn, talk about almost instant boot. Any way going to give it a go with XP (my older machine) and the next release of Ubuntu. Problem is I've have been researching SSD and have found that laptops have a hard time with some but not all SSD drives. But for desktops on my network it has been a bigger improvment than antyhting else. Mind you, you only need to upgrade your boot disk, it won't really do much for extra data disks and such. Pisses me off that Apple won't let me do the same for their over priced systems though.

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where were you when I needed you last Friday! LOL

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry to hear that, sir.

Anyway, I just had a really bad compooter virus and didn't know what to do...But it's fixed now. It was some System Tool crap.

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry to hear that, sir.

Anyway, I just had a really bad compooter virus and didn't know what to do...But it's fixed now. It was some System Tool crap.

Yeah, that's fraud ware. Best I can do is tell you is go to Malwarebytes and download their free remvoal tool. It's the best there is, just be sure when you are redirected to either majorgeeks or cnet to only click on the download for their product. Otherwise you'll get more crap ware. Wish Malwarebytes would find better download servers. Update the Antimalware app and run the quick scan. Anything it finds, have it remove because it has the lowest false positives of any removal program. Don't ask me how I know, I ain't allowed to tell. :)

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I took it to some place and they set it back to brand new. They also added CCleaner and Antivirus. He said the System Tool thing was their most common virus and the hardest to get rid of.

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I took it to some place and they set it back to brand new. They also added CCleaner and Antivirus. He said the System Tool thing was their most common virus and the hardest to get rid of.

CC Cleaner is OK but. But Microsoft has a tool that actually works better than CC Cleaner. They just don't make it public knowledge for some reason. If you'd like I can point you where to find it.

popeyecv64

and thats all I have to say about that
Smack dab in the middle of a great state Nebraska
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that's fraud ware. Best I can do is tell you is go to Malwarebytes and download their free remvoal tool. It's the best there is, just be sure when you are redirected to either majorgeeks or cnet to only click on the download for their product. Otherwise you'll get more crap ware. Wish Malwarebytes would find better download servers. Update the Antimalware app and run the quick scan. Anything it finds, have it remove because it has the lowest false positives of any removal program. Don't ask me how I know, I ain't allowed to tell. :)

I did however take your suggestion of using opera as a browser and malwarebites as a scanner --thank yee sir

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I found it funny that in the latest Pawn2own Opera was not invited and all the talk was how nobody tried to hack Google Chrome. Just because nobody tried doesn't mean it can't be hacked it just means nobody tried. On the other hand Safari (the MAC browser) was hacked in 5 seconds. Strange though that Opera wasn't invited to the party. And still my browser of choice, but IE 9 (available for Vista and Windows 7) is close behind. Sorry Google fans, but Google is pure evil.

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That dude at the place installed Google Chrome. I'm thinking of unstalling it. I mean, I don't use it anyways.

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chrome is only fast becaue it sucks you into using Google as your main engine for everything. Hell, if I wanted to that I'd buy a MAC. Same diff.

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SSD is the shit!!!! it is the future of pc's/servers

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so tell me your thoughts on aol as a browser ??

AOL is dead. They don't really support their browser any more than MS supports their old MSN browser. Why would you be using AOL? And don't tell me you are paying for anything AOL as they have been a free service since 2002.

popeyecv64

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AOL is dead. They don't really support their browser any more than MS supports their old MSN browser. Why would you be using AOL? And don't tell me you are paying for anything AOL as they have been a free service since 2002.

no I am not using that --just wanted to know your thoughts on it
like I said --I'm using opera

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no I am not using that --just wanted to know your thoughts on it
like I said --I'm using opera

Just checking. I know a lot of older people (older than me if you can believe that) that are still paying for AOL for no reason other than they have their e-mail through AOL and I can't convince them its free these days.

popeyecv64

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just checking. I know a lot of older people (older than me if you can believe that) that are still paying for AOL for no reason other than they have their e-mail through AOL and I can't convince them its free these days.

its that saying we all know --training old dogs new tricks ya know

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SSD is the shit!!!! it is the future of pc's/servers

Yeah, I really like it on my Windows 7 machine. I am serously thinking of replacing my boot drive on XP with one but for Ubuntu I am waiting for the next release. I want to clone my current settings and such but am still looking for a Linux app that can do that.