• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Squirrels and other varmin are on notice

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just ordered a new trail cam to mount in my back yard. Last week my wife saw a squirrel pulling the stuffing out of one of our patio chairs, went out to shoo it away and it just stared her down till she was right up on it. Over the weekend I was grilling and set the cover on an Adirondack chair. Next morning I go out to cover up the grill and there is a HUGE chunk missing and one side of the cover is shredded. FIgured something was making a nest. Two nights ago while the cover was still on the grill an animal came back to finish the job and shredded the rest of the cover. This is a heavy duty Weber cover too, not some cheap plastic crap.

So I'm going to set up the trail cam to find a time and species, and then pop its ass when it comes back. Bastard, the cover was sun bleached but still useable. We back up to some pretty dense woods and have seen bobcats and all sorts of creatures. Something dug two giant holes in our front yard too, thought they were rabbit dens at first. I need to get this set up to find what all night creatures we have visiting the yard. I'll post up the pictures when I catch some.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude I'm pretty sure your wasting too much time and money, just buy a new chair. Varmin don't eat chairs.

SomeGuy

Christian Conservative
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since it is at night, I am thinking either rat or racoon.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since it is at night, I am thinking either rat or racoon.

They try to find trash, not chairs lol. You know you live in a nice area when racoons are eating chairs because they can't trash or anything else.

Team Mookie

You won't live forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude I'm pretty sure your wasting too much time and money, just buy a new chair. Varmin don't eat chairs.

Nonsense, Tree rats will tear the shit out of outdoor furniture in no time. In no way do I see it as wasting his time. Fordman is simply defending his property from the buck-tooth hoards of the forest.

Good luck and good shooting to you FM... :suds:

squirrelincrosshairs1.jpg

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, I'm bored. I found a good used trail cam for $50 shipped off ebay. The cushions I don't care about, I can replace em and same for the cover. However, if I buy a new one and the turd comes back then I'll be upset. I've been wanting to put a motion cam out in the woods anyways, to see what all is out there. I've had bats in my umbrella, seen barred owls in my tree, had my wife call to a coyote thinking it was a stray dog, seen HUGE hawks eating squirrels, and more than a few deer wandering back there.

I'm thinking it is a raccoon, since I already hate them and the know it :)

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, I'm bored. I found a good used trail cam for $50 shipped off ebay. The cushions I don't care about, I can replace em and same for the cover. However, if I buy a new one and the turd comes back then I'll be upset. I've been wanting to put a motion cam out in the woods anyways, to see what all is out there. I've had bats in my umbrella, seen barred owls in my tree, had my wife call to a coyote thinking it was a stray dog, seen HUGE hawks eating squirrels, and more than a few deer wandering back there.

I'm thinking it is a raccoon, since I already hate them and the know it :)

go to your local sporting goods store and get an animal trap. I had caught a bunch of racoons eating the corn i put out for deer on my trail cam over at my parents and we put a trap out and are catching them. I will be making some coon skin hats here soon

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got the trail cam, set it up for two nights and all I got were pictures of my dog taking a crap one morning. Then Sunday evening I'm sitting there watching TV and look out and this freakin squirrel is sitting on my grill just tearing shreds off of it. I took off for my pellet gun and my wife said I couldn't kill it since my son was watching. So I grabbed my airsoft pistol instead and fired and missed :L

5 minutes later I looked over and the ballsy SOB was back. I didn't miss the second time, buried one right in his side. He scurried off into the trees and hasn't been back yet. Maybe now I can get a new cover without worrying about something shredding it. And I need to get the camera put out in the woods to see what I can catch.

Team Mookie

You won't live forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got the trail cam, set it up for two nights and all I got were pictures of my dog taking a crap one morning. Then Sunday evening I'm sitting there watching TV and look out and this freakin squirrel is sitting on my grill just tearing shreds off of it. I took off for my pellet gun and my wife said I couldn't kill it since my son was watching. So I grabbed my airsoft pistol instead and fired and missed :L

5 minutes later I looked over and the ballsy SOB was back. I didn't miss the second time, buried one right in his side. He scurried off into the trees and hasn't been back yet. Maybe now I can get a new cover without worrying about something shredding it. And I need to get the camera put out in the woods to see what I can catch.

Nice... but I would still watch my six, bro. Never know

infantry-squirrel.jpg

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, what would that be, like a .22cal grenade?

bsanko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They try to find trash, not chairs lol. You know you live in a nice area when racoons are eating chairs because they can't trash or anything else.

You couldn't be more wrong! A few years ago, these bastards built a nest in my truck engine and chewed the wiring harnesses. Cost me $300. I got revenge on their ass by picking them off with a Winchester pump action bb gun and breaking their hips.

This year has been a different story. I have taken over 20 of them with a .22 using .22 short cb ammo. Sounds like a bb gun, but with much more power. :lol: