• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Squid Game

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly that is the brilliance of the show is that if you didn’t go into it knowing it was dubbed you wouldn’t notice other than saying maybe the tv is off a split second with sound.
i thought it was done pretty well. Few times you can tell a direct translation doesn't make much sense and few other synch issues, but overall was good and not a distraction.

I like the show more than I thought I would.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cop might be alive
You're right. I wrongly remembered it as a head shot like all the players but it wasn't. Front Man probably knew what he was doing. People have survived worse falls in TV/movies.

I can see Season 2 (if there is one) being flashback heavy for the Front Man's arc so he'll probably appear in that as well anyway.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am FINALLY watching this. It strikes me as live action anime in the way people react to everything. Not sure if the dubbing is feeding into this similarity or not.

”What are you doing here, mmmmmm?”

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This show's dubs are done very well and you don't want to look at the words when the blood, brains & guts splatter.
456 was done alright. As well as the old dude. But the bad guy (neck tattoo) and the crazy woman were done HORRIBLY. I heard from a native Korean speaker who has seen both the English-dubbed and the natural Korean that they totally fucked the crazy chick with the dubbing.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Show lost steam pretty heavily about midway through the series... and the ending was one of the stupidest things I've seen in TV history.

It was okay... Battle Royale was a FAR better film and various movies/series has done this time and again far better... the Squid Game producers cashed in at the right time where everyone forgot and the Internet age didn't know about far better films of the past.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Show lost steam pretty heavily about midway through the series... and the ending was one of the stupidest things I've seen in TV history.

It was okay... Battle Royale was a FAR better film and various movies/series has done this time and again far better... the Squid Game producers cashed in at the right time where everyone forgot and the Internet age didn't know about far better films of the past.
Circle was a very low budget movie made in ‘15 that was probably a better take. Cube (‘97) is very similar to Circle and was better still.

Squid Game is probably better than Hunger Games, though.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone watching Squid Gane Challenge ?? Good stuff

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty intense final 4 episodes before next weeks finale. Wasnt all luck based had to have connections and smarts.

Quality final 3.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did not like how the contestants played the dice game... but i think marbles destroyed their competitive edge...

the bridge, was actually good strategy, disadvantage for the later people as some had to make decisions, that they may not have had to... but i liked their cooperation...

But that one girl... watching the son lose on the bridge was tough, he was absolutely did dirty...

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did not like how the contestants played the dice game... but i think marbles destroyed their competitive edge...

the bridge, was actually good strategy, disadvantage for the later people as some had to make decisions, that they may not have had to... but i liked their cooperation...

But that one girl... watching the son lose on the bridge was tough, he was absolutely did dirty...

Thats what was wild about everyone being rattled that Mia took a shot at Ashley in the dice game. She 100% fucked over the son for really no reason as she realized she basically was gonna have to go once regardless. Absolutely wild thought process and karma came.

Honestly, I think they played the dice game smart. Call it on yourself you only have a 1 in 6 shot of losing. If you go early and call out other people with no agreement you instantly become a target and face repeated 1 in 6 chances. Or if you are the first person to go rogue, etc..

Also, by rolling yourself even if a dice roll is hugely luck you do control your own fate if you do happen to have a strategy on how to roll a die.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats what was wild about everyone being rattled that Mia took a shot at Ashley in the dice game. She 100% fucked over the son for really no reason as she realized she basically was gonna have to go once regardless. Absolutely wild thought process and karma came.

Honestly, I think they played the dice game smart. Call it on yourself you only have a 1 in 6 shot of losing. If you go early and call out other people with no agreement you instantly become a target and face repeated 1 in 6 chances. Or if you are the first person to go rogue, etc..

Also, by rolling yourself even if a dice roll is hugely luck you do control your own fate if you do happen to have a strategy on how to roll a die.

played smart... fine... but entertainment value, would have loved to watch a bloodbath...

again, i thought that Marbles destroyed their competitive edge... no competitior would ever put their own ass on the line....

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
played smart... fine... but entertainment value, would have loved to watch a bloodbath...

again, i thought that Marbles destroyed their competitive edge... no competitior would ever put their own ass on the line....

Oh definitely would have made for better tv, no argument there.

Idk about competitive edge though. Because again going 1 time and having a 1/6 chance of losing isnt too "on the line" where as by targeting someone you may put your ass on the line over and over. 83% odds of survival was far better odds than basically every other elim in the show.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need a reunion show or some kind of podcast finale. I would love to hear their thoughts on the box game the 9th episode. Mia continued her savagery by eliminating her closest friend, evenhough i thought it was her best move. How Phil nailed two of them was really impressive.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how long is the squid games?? i know BB was over 100 days last season...