• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Spurs @ Dubs 12/19/13

MullinsMagic421

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suggest if your going to play a commercial with Andrew Bogut posting up a five foot man on the left block, you start having him post up men his own size. #unleashthebeast

retech

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Careless....

I'm really getting tired of seeing lazy passes, poor decisions, questionable ball handling, and general carelessness. I don't care if Curry is on fire, he needs to take care of the ball. If he has more than 2 turnovers in a quarter, sit him.

The other things I can't figure out:

1) Why isn't Iguodala driving to the hoop more?
2) Why isn't Toney Douglas playing more?? Didn't Jackson notice that every time he was in the Warriors started getting stops and clicking on offense? Jackson preaches defense, and Douglas is a solid defender and gives maximum effort every time out.
3) Then when Douglas is in, Jackson has Bazemore handle the ball...why??
4) When will Bogut figure out that he has to play hard all the time, not in 15 second spurts.
5) Why doesn't Jackson pull Thompson out when he's not playing hard on defense (i.e. sulking when his shots aren't falling)

That was a demoralizing loss...

_so_money_

Dubmaster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the start of the season every team in the league was afraid of playing us. Now just 1/3 of the way through the season, there is not a single team in the league that is afraid to play us, not even in Oakland. In fact, many of them may be salivating over the prospect. *sigh*

MullinsMagic421

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xzU9Qqdqww]Kid Cudi - Pursuit Of Happiness ft. MGMT - YouTube[/ame]

Head up.

ChuckDurn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm really getting tired of seeing lazy passes, poor decisions, questionable ball handling, and general carelessness. I don't care if Curry is on fire, he needs to take care of the ball. If he has more than 2 turnovers in a quarter, sit him.

The other things I can't figure out:

1) Why isn't Iguodala driving to the hoop more?
2) Why isn't Toney Douglas playing more?? Didn't Jackson notice that every time he was in the Warriors started getting stops and clicking on offense? Jackson preaches defense, and Douglas is a solid defender and gives maximum effort every time out.
3) Then when Douglas is in, Jackson has Bazemore handle the ball...why??
4) When will Bogut figure out that he has to play hard all the time, not in 15 second spurts.
5) Why doesn't Jackson pull Thompson out when he's not playing hard on defense (i.e. sulking when his shots aren't falling)

That was a demoralizing loss...
Yes. Right on. Even more could be added to this, but this captures the spirit.

bigjoerico

72 is my year!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Horrible gift the Dubs gave me. Way to sloppy and the turnovers are just ridiculous!

JustOneDennisBergkamp

Gunner for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, belated Happy B-day to Big Joe. Sorry the Dubs put a turd in your gift box.

Steph is not and should not be a close to full-time point guard. His assist to turnover ration lats night (3-1) wasn't bad, but his choices of where to dribble to in the half-court sets seemed to confuse his teammates more than the Spurs. Not only does Douglas need to play a bit more, but there also needs to be more point play from Iggy and Barnes, as each can get to the rack and suck defenders inside. If Steph is outside when either of those two drives, you actually hope his man drops inside, even slightly, to help.

Klay needs some bench time and some therapy, evidently.

But back to Curry, two plays last night highlighted his competitive immaturity. At the end of the third quarter after a made basket by the Spurs, Curry had enough time to dribble from one end of the court to the other a la Tyus Edney. Instead, he dribbled up ever so casually and hoisted one from around 30 feet, which even for a sharp shooter like Steph really brings the percentage down a bit. The other was the attempted reverse lay-up that Diaw blocked. On that play had he run a simple two on one with Klay instead of cutting across him, they would have had an easy two.

Most of this team, even Iggy at times, is competitively immature, and Steph is the leader of the pack. As he goes, so go the Warriors, and when he squanders possession and opportunities, the Dubs generally go down.

Last edited by a moderator:

bigjoerico

72 is my year!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks fellas for the Bday wishes. Hopefully the Dubs wake up and turn this thing around. It almost feels like it's contagious. Steph has always been a little careless, but I see Bogut, Draymond, Iggy, Lee and Barnes!
It's ridiculous!!

retech

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks...

At least I know I'm not going crazy.

:gaah:

It's not overly surprising that Curry sometimes lacks (forgets?) very basic point guard skills. He really is a shooting guard at heart, one who is an excellent shooter/scorer with some pretty clever passing ability and not a bad rebounder for his size. (Can you imagine him at 3-4" taller with 25 lbs of addl muscle? He would be a nightmare to defend.)

What is puzzling to me is: Jackson was a point guard who had solid PG fundamentals (especially defense) and knew how to take care of the ball.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not one, not two, but three shots on that last Spurs possession. Just pitiful. How do you lose to a team in your own building when they are missing Parker, Duncan and Ginobili? I can't believe it.