• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Spurs (38-6) @ Warriors (40-4) 1030 PM EST 1/25/16 NBATV

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why didn't Pop just sit TD in LA for the Lakers too after he sat him for the Suns game the night before?
The 2 teams the spurs' 3rd stringers could beat....
I mean he knew Dubs were looming right around the corner...

It's a cheap cop out...but I truly hope Timmy isn't seriously hurt.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
both teams have all their relative pieces.

Duncan is a HUGE loss. It would be a season changing loss.

He is still a dominant all-NBA 1st team level defender and more than capable of scoring 15-20 if asked.
The entire SPURS season has been built on defense.

Duncan is the one irreplaceable player for this rotation.
I could care less about this one game.
He has an injury that might be a chronic one and cause more than just a one game loss.

I am more concerned going forward if Duncan is going to miss a few games.
The Defense is not even close to the same if David West is the starting PF and Aldridge slides over to center.

Aldridge is a decent defender at the 4. He isn't quite as good at the 5.
West sucks at defense for the most part. He tries hard (Which is good) but he is limited.

The 2nd unit really needs Diaw to run the show as Manu is the scorer.
I guess they could start Diaw, and hope that West can score 15 from the bench with Manu running the show.

Although Boban-Mania??? Who knows.....

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why didn't Pop just sit TD in LA for the Lakers too after he sat him for the Suns game the night before?
The 2 teams the spurs' 3rd stringers could beat....
I mean he knew Dubs were looming right around the corner...

It's a cheap cop out...but I truly hope Timmy isn't seriously hurt.
Duncan has had two days of rest...when is the last time Pop sat one of his guys after TWO FULL DAYS of rest? I know he's 39, but even Tim Duncan healthy is ready to go after two days.

Believe what you want. The Spurs/Pop aren't scared of anyone, so it's for sure not a cop out. He's legitimately hurt. He's had knee issues for the past few years, so this really isn't too bizarre that he's sitting.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duncan is a HUGE loss. It would be a season changing loss.

He is still a dominant all-NBA 1st team level defender and more than capable of scoring 15-20 if asked.
The entire SPURS season has been built on defense.

Duncan is the one irreplaceable player for this rotation.
I could care less about this one game.
He has an injury that might be a chronic one and cause more than just a one game loss.

I am more concerned going forward if Duncan is going to miss a few games.
The Defense is not even close to the same if David West is the starting PF and Aldridge slides over to center.

Aldridge is a decent defender at the 4. He isn't quite as good at the 5.
West sucks at defense for the most part. He tries hard (Which is good) but he is limited.

The 2nd unit really needs Diaw to run the show as Manu is the scorer.
I guess they could start Diaw, and hope that West can score 15 from the bench with Manu running the show.

Although Boban-Mania??? Who knows.....

I'm not understating the importance of Duncan. As a Warriors fan I know he's killed us in the past and is always capable of doing his thing against anyone. He's also a staple in their defense and I think I wrote that (or at the very least thought it in my head). It was more that aside from him, Parker, Ginobili, Green, Leonard, etc. will all be available for the Spurs and there's not anyone missing from the Warriors.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duncan has had two days of rest...when is the last time Pop sat one of his guys after TWO FULL DAYS of rest? I know he's 39, but even Tim Duncan healthy is ready to go after two days.

Believe what you want. The Spurs/Pop aren't scared of anyone, so it's for sure not a cop out. He's legitimately hurt. He's had knee issues for the past few years, so this really isn't too bizarre that he's sitting.

fair enough....but we shall see if tonight's game ends up losing home court for the spurs by 1 game should they meet the dubs in the conf. finals....

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fair enough....but we shall see if tonight's game ends up losing home court for the spurs by 1 game should they meet the dubs in the conf. finals....
as stated in another thread...when you're as good as both the Spurs and Warriors, home court doesn't tend to matter as much. I mean it would be nice to have a Game 7 at home but it isn't necessarily required when you're as good as these two teams are.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as stated in another thread...when you're as good as both the Spurs and Warriors, home court doesn't tend to matter as much. I mean it would be nice to have a Game 7 at home but it isn't necessarily required when you're as good as these two teams are.
Agreed

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think it matters less to the Spurs than it would be to the Warriors. As good as the Warriors are, they're still relatively new to success. Last year's run was incredible, but before that had a loss in the second round to the Spurs and a first round exit to the Clips.

The Warriors thrive off playing at Oracle. When the crowd goes nuts over a 3, the energy is real.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It matters if your prior series' are all going the distance....so by the time the conf. finals roll around you're running on empty or close to it.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It matters if your prior series' are all going the distance....so by the time the conf. finals roll around you're running on empty or close to it.
But lets be honest...unless OKC miraculously has homecourt vs the Spurs (who are the only team who could actually give them a problem besides GSW,) how long are the Spurs and Warriors first two rounds really gonna go? More than likely, they should be able to win their series in 4 or 5 games as dominant as they've been.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want to see a good.game.

Living in the LA market, I have been subjected to some real turds from both Staples Center residents.

Thank GOD for League Pass.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
12 points off turnovers already for GSW