• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Spurs (38-6) @ Warriors (40-4) 1030 PM EST 1/25/16 NBATV

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Spurs fan sometime last week against
Interesting....I didn't see any reports about his injury. Have they played & has he sat out any other games since the injury?

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it does not. Beating a team in a regular season game means nothing in proving who is the better team when they're so close to each other. On top of that its in Golden State so I think most expect the Warriors to win
Which is exactly my point. It's a regular season game and there isn't any team in history that has had a perfect season.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a regular season game and there isn't any team in history that has had a perfect season.

The Harlem Globetrotters?:noidea:

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game is a win-win. I get to see an entertaining game (hopefully) between the 2 best teams in the league... and I get to watch either the Warriors or the Spurs lose. :D

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game is a win-win. I get to see an entertaining game (hopefully) between the 2 best teams in the league... and I get to watch either the Warriors or the Spurs lose. :D
LOL I can definitely relate. Felt the same way when the Cavs played the Spurs.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless of whichever team wins tonight, other than jockeying for the #1 seed there is no real difference this game makes from either team's perspective.

Both Pop and Kerr are both savvy enough to show all their cards. I'm sure both have been studying the other team, at least from afar and seeing ways they could break the other team down. I do expect some tinkering to be done in situations, but neither team is going to give away any real strategy that they might employ during a playoff series. You may see some Kawhi on Curry tonight, but I don't think you'll see a lot of it. I think you'll see the Warriors go small for maybe a spurt or two here, but not as much as you would in a playoff series.

For the most part I kind of expect this to be an A-B-C type of a game.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So when did TD hurt his knee?

When Pop looked at the standings and realized the Spurs were close enough to GSW that he could end up having to coach the all-star game.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless of whichever team wins tonight, other than jockeying for the #1 seed there is no real difference this game makes from either team's perspective.

Both Pop and Kerr are both savvy enough to show all their cards. I'm sure both have been studying the other team, at least from afar and seeing ways they could break the other team down. I do expect some tinkering to be done in situations, but neither team is going to give away any real strategy that they might employ during a playoff series. You may see some Kawhi on Curry tonight, but I don't think you'll see a lot of it. I think you'll see the Warriors go small for maybe a spurt or two here, but not as much as you would in a playoff series.

I disagree. The Warriors play a lot of small ball so I expect tonight to be no different.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Popavich sitting Duncan so when the Spurs lose he has an excuse.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. The Warriors play a lot of small ball so I expect tonight to be no different.

The Warriors don't play as much small ball as you would think. They go to this mainly in the last 4-5 minutes of the second quarter and if the game is close in the 4th quarter at the end of the 4th as well. Otherwise they'll usually have either Bogut or Ezeli out there for the majority of the time at the center spot.

The Warriors will likely go small at some point in the game because it's a part of their general play. I just don't think they'll want to give the Spurs too much film of themselves playing against it if at all possible.

Edit: By small ball I mean, the lineup of Green, Barnes, Iguodala, Thompson and Curry. I don't really consider Barnes at the 4 with another big a small lineup.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I rarely get hyped for regular seasons, even ones that involve my Heat. But man, I can't wait for this game. Damn Western conference and their late games. I feel bad for the people I have to deal with at work tomorrow, I am going to be tired as hell.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But there's also a better chance they win...you realize that, don't you?
Yeah yeah yeah we know they are favored especially without Duncan playing but SA's bench is probably the top bench in the NBA. The Warriors ain't perfect, regardless of how much you'd like to believe that.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh fuck... just read up. saw it. Pops is benching Duncan? Seriously, fuck you Pops. You're an asshole for robbing NBA fans of this game. I know it's January. I know it doesn't matter. But this game was huge until Pops decided to play games.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh fuck... just read up. saw it. Pops is benching Duncan? Seriously, fuck you Pops. You're an asshole for robbing NBA fans of this game. I know it's January. I know it doesn't matter. But this game was huge until Pops decided to play games.

Pretty sure Duncan has some sort of legit injury. I don't think he's just resting him.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duncan is actually hurt. I know most of you probably don't believe that but I don't see a reason for him to fly to San Francisco and then go directly home instead of going from LA and directly home. Doesn't seem like a pre-meditated rest to me. He hasn't been himself in terms of production lately. He's looked hobbled. He's legitimately injured.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ding ding ding, we have a winner.

Reason #1 and the main reason I'm not very excited for the game tonight. I know not much is going to come out of it. It could be a great game, sure, but that's about it.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ding ding ding, we have a winner.

Reason #1 and the main reason I'm not very excited for the game tonight. I know not much is going to come out of it. It could be a great game, sure, but that's about it.

Well, I don't know about you, but I'm very excited about tonight. Two great teams facing off tonight. Even though Duncan isn't playing, both teams have all their relative pieces. The playoffs and any implications are too far out for this to mean any impact in those terms, but from a basketball standpoint it should be awesome to watch. Neither team is conceding victory here. Both will come out and play hard.

Also what I meant by A-B-C game is that they're going to just play how they would against a normal opponent. Nothing special dictated one way or another towards showing any tactics they may use down the road. Even if both teams do play a straight forward game, it's still going to be great basketball.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is one of those very rare occasions that come around once in awhile where I find myself rooting for the spurs

The enemy of my enemy is my friend?

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I don't know about you, but I'm very excited about tonight. Two great teams facing off tonight. Even though Duncan isn't playing, both teams have all their relative pieces. The playoffs and any implications are too far out for this to mean any impact in those terms, but from a basketball standpoint it should be awesome to watch. Neither team is conceding victory here. Both will come out and play hard.
Oh for sure. I'm not saying to not be excited about it. It'll be fun. I'm just gonna be a zombie at work tomorrow, lol. Game will end around midnight and I get up at 5:20 every morning.