• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Spring Training thread!

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
At long last ... It is Time Again!

Earlier this evening I asked my wife if she knew what tomorrow was ... and she replied Ash Wednesday. While acknowledging that she was right ... I told her that on Wednesday the American League Champion Texas Rangers' pitchers and catchers report for Spring Training in Surprise, Arizona ... and that baseball was back on!

I don't think she is as excited as I am.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At long last ... It is Time Again!

Earlier this evening I asked my wife if she knew what tomorrow was ... and she replied Ash Wednesday. While acknowledging that she was right ... I told her that on Wednesday the American League Champion Texas Rangers' pitchers and catchers report for Spring Training in Surprise, Arizona ... and that baseball was back on!

I don't think she is as excited as I am.

Somehow mine was not either.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My wife is kinda MEH on baseball season starting, but she said that she would go to Surprise next year....if I paid for it. Fair enough, I guess.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm excited that soon the Sports Center Top 10 plays won't be nothing but dunks.

kennyt12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My wife could care less about baseball or any sport for that matter unless it actually involves her. I think she may be concerned that I have a baseball addiction, which I do! : ) I'm looking forward to July when we'll be home for 6 weeks and I get to go to some games. Last time I was home was for the 2010 World Series where I watch the Giants celebrate on our field. I need to get that memory out of my head.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My wife could care less about baseball or any sport for that matter unless it actually involves her. I think she may be concerned that I have a baseball addiction, which I do! : ) I'm looking forward to July when we'll be home for 6 weeks and I get to go to some games. Last time I was home was for the 2010 World Series where I watch the Giants celebrate on our field. I need to get that memory out of my head.

If game 6 of the 2011 WS didn't erase any recollection of 2010, I'd suggest several weeks of heaving drinking.

gregrey972

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OH NO!!! The Rangers are losing 6-1 in the 6th to the Royals!!! The season is over!!! Throw in the towel!!!

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tomorrows spring training game against the Indians will be on MLB network at 3:00 central time.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of a back and forth outing for Darvish. He struck out but walked four and walked 3 of those in the third inning and allowed two runs. He was still pitching from the stretch and didn't seem to have his command today, looked like he was just over throwing maybe.

Uehara looks horrible. Fishing the corners and the pitches in the zone are elevated. How did this guy ever have the numbers he had in Baltimore?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uehara looks horrible. Fishing the corners and the pitches in the zone are elevated. How did this guy ever have the numbers he had in Baltimore?

He's just tired, he's pitched too many innings this year :roll:

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
To be fair most of the guys looked pretty bad today

Not sure when the last time a catcher logged two CS in one inning ... but whenever pitchers struggle with Torrealba behind the plate ... we need to recognize that he's just a backup.

Torrealba has only one year in the AL ... doesn't know the hitters ... and certainly isn't the guy to have behind the plate when your #1 SP prospect is on the mound ... who also has zero knowledge of the hitters he faces.

Sure wish it was Torrealba who went to LAD ... and Treanor was still here.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure when the last time a catcher logged two CS in one inning ... but whenever pitchers struggle with Torrealba behind the plate ... we need to recognize that he's just a backup.

Torrealba has only one year in the AL ... doesn't know the hitters ... and certainly isn't the guy to have behind the plate when your #1 SP prospect is on the mound ... who also has zero knowledge of the hitters he faces.

Sure wish it was Torrealba who went to LAD ... and Treanor was still here.

Kinda hard to find fault with Torrealba's game yesterday when the guys can't find the strike zone. Robbie Ross was the only pitcher who had anything going for him yesterday. Mike Adams couldn't find the zone and was only hitting 88 with the fastball. Yu looked ordinary and the BP lefties we have seen are terrible so far. Some of this pitch selection has a lot to do with the pitching coach and his instructions than what the catcher is or isn't doing.
Bad pitching blows 7 run leads.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Torrealba threw out two runners to save Darvish's ass yesterday. The pitchers were probably working on stuff and I think yu is still trying to figure out which of his 7 pitches he's going to use. It didn't look like he was pounding the zone with the fastball. I'm not going to worry about ST results though.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, its not Torrealba's fault that Darvish and others couldn't command their pitches, as I doubt YT was calling the pitches anyway

Fact is Yorvit is the backup catcher and these have to get used to him catching at least a couple times a week

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feliz looks like he had a better outing. 3ip/4 hits/1 run/1er/3k/1bb

Not stellar but not bad. All I want to see from him right now is progress. 3k in three innings with one run and one free pass is very acceptable as far as I'm concerned.