• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SportsHoopla's Week 6 Top 25 Discussion Thread

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i just realized i left lsu off my rankings whoops

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oklahoma hasn't beaten anybody of significance. I would only move them up to 15 at the highest. Same with Michigan. And they did not play #3 very tough on the road. And they struggled with a bad NW all game last week.

Wisconsin isn't the same team they have been. Awful loss to BYU, didn't look good in their win against Iowa. Not sure why 18 is such a bad spot for them?

UF has wins over LSU and Miss. St.

Auburn has looked like shit lately, they do own a win over UW, which is why I have them ranked.

NC State is top 15 in both SOR and GC. They haven't played a great schedule, I'll give you that, but they've performed well enough to be in the top 15 IMO.

Wisconsin's loss to BYU is no worse than Texas loss to Maryland. I get they haven't beaten the teams Texas has, but Wisconsin also has a proven track record Texas doesn't right now. I would rank Texas with caution while feeling confident Wisconsin is a 9 or 10 win team again.

Hook'Em0608

Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be stunned if they kept it within 10 of Michigan, and I don't Michigan is all that great either.

I think they are very evenly matched teams. I like Michigan this year, they have decent QB play finally. The rest of the team has been solid under Harbaugh.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington #15?

Miami unranked?

Auburn unranked? Although if you think Washington is 15 I understand this one.

Oregon unranked?

Texas A&M unranked?

USF #17? I guess you like Illinois and Georgia Tech more than most?
1. Washington hasn't been impressive. Barely escaping a winless UCLA team dropped them in my rankings.
2. Miami is a complete and total fraud. I haven't had them ranked since they got smoked by LSU. They deserve nobody's top 25 ranking, especially after (yet again) barely escaping against another shitty ACC team
3. If you get smoked the way Auburn did, having 2 losses after the first weekend of October means you aren't ranked. Their offense is absolutely horrible right now.
4. I have Oregon ranked, 18th.
5. I'm sure as shit not lobbing a ranking to a 2-loss A&M team that barely survived a horrible Arkansas team just because they eaked out a win over Kentucky.
6. USF is unbeaten. 17 is probably a bit high, but it's just junk down towards the bottom.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough

True and good explanation of holding Florida in higher regard if you believe LSU is #8.

We lost to Maryland though, it still counts.

Penn St has a great QB, that can take you far. Especially in a trenches league like the Big 10.

Wisconsin beat Iowa, at night, on the road. Very hard to do.

North Texas lost to La. Tech and barely beat UTEP. They aren't top 50 IMO. Arkansas just sucks this year.

If Texas was undefeated, I would have them above Alabama.

Hook'Em0608

Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Washington hasn't been impressive. Barely escaping a winless UCLA team dropped them in my rankings.
2. Miami is a complete and total fraud. I haven't had them ranked since they got smoked by LSU. They deserve nobody's top 25 ranking, especially after (yet again) barely escaping against another shitty ACC team
3. If you get smoked the way Auburn did, having 2 losses after the first weekend of October means you aren't ranked. Their offense is absolutely horrible right now.
4. I have Oregon ranked, 18th.
5. I'm sure as shit not lobbing a ranking to a 2-loss A&M team that barely survived a horrible Arkansas team just because they eaked out a win over Kentucky.
6. USF is unbeaten. 17 is probably a bit high, but it's just junk down towards the bottom.

Washington never wins all that impressively because of their style of play. They would fit in your league pretty well IMO. And that is not a knock at all. I think the Big 10 and SEC are head and shoulders the best two leagues this year. Peterson runs a trenches program.

Miami under Richt is a solid program IMO. LSU just has one of the top 5 most talented rosters in the country and are getting decent QB play finally. Although I'm still not sure they can pass consistently enough to beat the best teams.

Auburn has played a much stronger schedule than most teams at this point in the year, but they are 2 loss so I'll accept your judgement.

My bad

A&M has played 2 top 5 teams and a Kentucky team with wins over Florida and Mississippi St. They haven't looked bad against anybody but Arkansas IMO. Alabama just outclassed them, A&M played decent. But fuck A&M so ranking accepted lol

USF has been decent for awhile, so I'm not upset about it or anything.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisconsin's loss to BYU is no worse than Texas loss to Maryland. I get they haven't beaten the teams Texas has, but Wisconsin also has a proven track record Texas doesn't right now. I would rank Texas with caution while feeling confident Wisconsin is a 9 or 10 win team again.

Wisconsin doesn't have a typical Wisconsin defense. This is probably their worst defense the last decade ago or so. They just haven't been good defensively. What they did last year, doesn't really mean anything because they had a ridiculously easy schedule, and they just simply aren't as good this year. They should be elite offensively, based on what they returned but they haven't been, maybe they will reach that point, and if they are a 9 win team, they honestly shouldn't be ranked in the top 20 at the end of the year.

Hook'Em0608

Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisconsin doesn't have a typical Wisconsin defense. This is probably their worst defense the last decade ago or so. They just haven't been good defensively. What they did last year, doesn't really mean anything because they had a ridiculously easy schedule, and they just simply aren't as good this year. They should be elite offensively, based on what they returned but they haven't been, maybe they will reach that point, and if they are a 9 win team, they honestly shouldn't be ranked in the top 20 at the end of the year.

Meh, after bowls probably true, but before bowls a 9 win team out of the Big 10 should probably be top 20 easily. It's a tough league again this year.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they are very evenly matched teams. I like Michigan this year, they have decent QB play finally. The rest of the team has been solid under Harbaugh.

Michigan is great/good defensively, but when they go up against a team with a good D-line their offense isn't any good. Wisconsin won't be able to expose them, unfortunately, because their D-line is suspect.

Hook'Em0608

Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Alabama (1)
2. Ohio State (2)
3. Georgia (3)
4. Notre Dame (6)
5. Clemson (7)
6. Penn State (8)
7. Oklahoma (4)
8. LSU (5)
9. West Virginia (12)
10. Central Florida (9)
11. Washington (11)
12. Texas (18)
13. Michigan (16)
14. Miami (14)
15. Kentucky (13)
16. Florida (21)
17. Wisconsin (17)
18. NC State (20)
19. Oregon (22)
20. Colorado (25)
21. Appalachian State (NR)
22. South Florida (23)
23. Iowa (NR)
24. Auburn (10)
25. Cincinnati (NR)

Dropped: Stanford (15), Michigan State (19), Oklahoma State (24)

First Five Out: TAMU, Washington State, Mississippi State, Utah, Utah State

I'm seeing a trend with Wisconsin from the midwest guys. I guess it's just me. :noidea:

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, after bowls probably true, but before bowls a 9 win team out of the Big 10 should probably be top 20 easily. It's a tough league again this year.

If they do finish 9-3 they'll have wins over the following(assuming losses to PSU & Michigan) Western Kentucky(currently 1-4), New Mexico(3-2), Iowa(4-1), Nebraska(0-5), Illinois(3-2), Northwestern(2-3), Rutgers(1-5) Purdue(2-3), Minnesota(3-2).

And a bad loss to BYU. That is a terrible resume.

Hook'Em0608

Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they do finish 9-3 they'll have wins over the following(assuming losses to PSU & Michigan) Western Kentucky(currently 1-4), New Mexico(3-2), Iowa(4-1), Nebraska(0-5), Illinois(3-2), Northwestern(2-3), Rutgers(1-5) Purdue(2-3), Minnesota(3-2).

And a bad loss to BYU. That is a terrible resume.

If Iowa ends up ranked it's pretty consistent with top 20. For sure not top 10 by any means. Don't forget, by the end of the year some 8-4 teams are being ranked with typically one shitty loss or 4 good losses and no quality wins.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm seeing a trend with Wisconsin from the midwest guys. I guess it's just me. :noidea:

What is your issue with ND?

They Have more More Marquee wins vs Ohio State( Meeeeechigan, Stanford and Virginia Tech) and looked dominant doing it.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Iowa ends up ranked it's pretty consistent with top 20. For sure not top 10 by any means. Don't forget, by the end of the year some 8-4 teams are being ranked with typically one shitty loss or 4 good losses and no quality wins.

They'll have one decent win and a bad loss. It'll be very similar to their 2015 team. They were 9-3 entering the bowl season and ranked #23. I can see something similar.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why Oklahoma all the way to 14? You had them 4 last week and LSU 5. Then you only dropped LSU 4 spots this week for also losing.

Wisconsin 16? I think they've proven themselves as a program enough to give them a pass for BYU. They had a ton coming back from a really good team last year.

Florida 8?

Texas A&M 25?

Not a bad poll at all, just curious what you are seeing I'm not. :suds:

Oklahoma to 14 because they had to go behind Texas. Florida to 8 because they had to go in front of LSU. Similar for both situations, just after reevaluating I’m more impressed with Florida and LSU than Oklahoma and Texas at this point. Wisconsin lost to BYU at home. BYU is not good. They aren’t forgiven. If they pulled out a win I’d forgive them, but they lost and that matters.

Who would you rather I have at 25?

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mY TeAM baReLy eCApEd tHE BruInS GIve uS rESpEct
Pipe down tard. You punished Washington for winning on the road against a shitty team as much as Wisconsin for losing at home to a shitty team. We get it, you’re a dipshit. No one’s surprised.