• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SportsHoopla's Week 3 Top 25 Discussion Thread

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like pretending 2015 is relevant in 2018 rankings?
2015 isn't relevant, that's not why I'm ranking michigan over Washington. That was an answer to another question. I'm ranking michigan over Washington because I think they're a better team.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you take everything to being about gay stuff? I even said it's pathetic that was his best win, but it's still better than anything OOC Petersen does. Fuck off already.

I dunno, I guess you just seem like someone who wants to suck a dick.

Peterson took his best team to the playoffs, I'm sure he could have gone to some whatever bowl and played some whatever ranked team and won that year.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2015 isn't relevant, that's not why I'm ranking michigan over Washington. That was an answer to another question. I'm ranking michigan over Washington because I think they're a better team.

That didn’t come up in your response to criticism for having Michigan ranked high?

I really don’t care where you have them ranked or if you think they’re better than Washington. They way you’re defending it is a bit out there though. If you just stopped at you think they’re better I wouldn’t have even commented on it.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno, I guess you just seem like someone who wants to suck a dick.

Peterson took his best team to the playoffs, I'm sure he could have gone to some whatever bowl and played some whatever ranked team and won that year.
Probably wasn't beating Florida State that year either, they were a top 10 team. michigan had two better wins than Washington's best win that year, and nearly beat two other teams better than Washington's best team. Don't be so retarded all the time.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't be so retarded all the time.

Says the Ohio St fan that has spent the past 2 months sucking off Harbaugh all so you can make claims about the strength of the Big10.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No there isn't. Not if you know what you're talking about.

There is room for debate, but you gotta have a open mind and for you, an open mind means you admitting your opinion might not be right. Might be a stretch for you but let's give this a try:

Michigan had one of the worst offenses last year amongst P5 teams. Bottom 15 offense last year taking out all non P5 teams. One of the best defenses, yes, but look where that got them. 8-5 and underachieving.

They've lost 4 of their last 6 games including the Outback Bowl.

46th this year in Total Offense and tied for 24th in Total defense. While their offense has gotten better, their defense has gotten worse. They are not better than last year and they are certainly not as good as 2 or 3 years ago. I personally thought they were overrated at the beginning of the season but right now, they are probably ranked where they should be. No higher but I wouldn't argue putting them down below Oregon.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That didn’t come up in your response to criticism for having Michigan ranked high?

I really don’t care where you have them ranked or if you think they’re better than Washington. They way you’re defending it is a bit out there though. If you just stopped at you think they’re better I wouldn’t have even commented on it.
That wasn't in response to having michigan that high, it was in response to being called out about having Washington lower.

Maybe I'm wrong, I just haven't seen Washington do anything impressive in the last 3 years. michigan has won the same amount of games, but they've been in a far more difficult division/conference, so I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt in this instance. For the record, neither team is elite IMO.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Says the Ohio St fan that has spent the past 2 months sucking off Harbaugh all so you can make claims about the strength of the Big10.
You've spent the last 2 months sucking off Urban and admitting Ohio State is your daddy. Are we done making things up now?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is room for debate, but you gotta have a open mind and for you, an open mind means you admitting your opinion might not be right. Might be a stretch for you but let's give this a try:

Michigan had one of the worst offenses last year amongst P5 teams. Bottom 15 offense last year taking out all non P5 teams. One of the best defenses, yes, but look where that got them. 8-5 and underachieving.

They've lost 4 of their last 6 games including the Outback Bowl.

46th this year in Total Offense and tied for 24th in Total defense. While their offense has gotten better, their defense has gotten worse. They are not better than last year and they are certainly not as good as 2 or 3 years ago. I personally thought they were overrated at the beginning of the season but right now, they are probably ranked where they should be. No higher but I wouldn't argue putting them down below Oregon.
Where does this suggest they're not talented? They've got multiple players that are being mocked in the first round of the draft next year by various outlets, and he's had top 10 recruiting classes in 2 of the last 3 years.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where does this suggest they're not talented? They've got multiple players that are being mocked in the first round of the draft next year by various outlets, and he's had top 10 recruiting classes in 2 of the last 3 years.

FSU's 2017 recruiting class was 6th. 2016 recruiting class was 3rd and 2015 recruiting class was 2nd. They are in the shit hole right now. Recruiting class rankings don't really mean anything.

You have them as the 11th best team in the country. That's just absurd to me. They are talented for a "meh" level P5 team. Nothing I've seen over the last year and a half gives me any confidence that they will be any good and that is directly affected by the talent on their team.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FSU's 2017 recruiting class was 6th. 2016 recruiting class was 3rd and 2015 recruiting class was 2nd. They are in the shit hole right now. Recruiting class rankings don't really mean anything.

You have them as the 11th best team in the country. That's just absurd to me. They are talented for a "meh" level P5 team. Nothing I've seen over the last year and a half gives me any confidence that they will be any good and that is directly affected by the talent on their team.
FSU is loaded with talent, they just have an absolute dogshit coach, and to be fair, Fisher gave up on them last year early on when he knew he was leaving. It really is too bad.

I think michigan will win 10 games this year overall. Somewhere around 10-3. That will likely have them wind up just outside of the top 10 where I have them. I think they beat Michigan State and Wisconsin and lose to Penn State and Ohio State, then probably go to Outback Bowl or Holiday Bowl and pick up their 10th win.

I'm not saying they're elite, I'm saying this is about where I think they'll end up.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FSU is loaded with talent, they just have an absolute dogshit coach, and to be fair, Fisher gave up on them last year early on when he knew he was leaving. It really is too bad.

I think michigan will win 10 games this year overall. Somewhere around 10-3. That will likely have them wind up just outside of the top 10 where I have them. I think they beat Michigan State and Wisconsin and lose to Penn State and Ohio State, then probably go to Outback Bowl or Holiday Bowl and pick up their 10th win.

I'm not saying they're elite, I'm saying this is about where I think they'll end up.

I'm thinking they don't even end the season ranked. I'm seeing either 8-9 wins, depending of that tough 3 game stretch. Wisconsin, MSU and Penn State looks like a rough stretch right now. Could look differently in a month. I'm still hung up on that stretch of games. I don't think they win all three or lose all three, but I could see them going 1-2 during that stretch, which then just molds the rest of their season.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has them at #11 for 2 reasons
1) bc he’s a closet Michigan fan, which is about as sad as it gets - supporting your biggest ‘rival.’
2) OSU fans don’t watch college football outside of OSU

The highest any AP voter has them is #14, and that’s just one of them, the bulk being in the 19-22 range. No one cares about games in 2015 or ‘elite talent’ if it doesn’t translate to wins - which Harbaugh hasn’t been able to do against anyone good.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking they don't even end the season ranked. I'm seeing either 8-9 wins, depending of that tough 3 game stretch. Wisconsin, MSU and Penn State looks like a rough stretch right now. Could look differently in a month. I'm still hung up on that stretch of games. I don't think they win all three or lose all three, but I could see them going 1-2 during that stretch, which then just molds the rest of their season.
I think they beat Sparty, they have regressed terribly this year somehow. Wisconsin is the week before that, but they have 3 cakewalks leading up to it, so it's not like they'll be gassed. They've also got their bye week between MSU and PSU, so who knows?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has them at #11 for 2 reasons
1) bc he’s a closet Michigan fan, which is about as sad as it gets - supporting your biggest ‘rival.’
2) OSU fans don’t watch college football outside of OSU

The highest any AP voter has them is #14, and that’s just one of them, the bulk being in the 19-22 range. No one cares about games in 2015 or ‘elite talent’ if it doesn’t translate to wins - which Harbaugh hasn’t been able to do against anyone good.
Very, very bad post. Poor effort all around.

ckhokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is an embarrassing hill to die on, ATF. Michigan at #11 is conference humping. No more, no less.
I'm so sorry I didn't give more respect to your Hokies. Better?

ckhokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm so sorry I didn't give more respect to your Hokies. Better?

Small-minded response. VT holds no bearing on any of this, and I honestly don’t even know where you ranked them.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Small-minded response. VT holds no bearing on any of this, and I honestly don’t even know where you ranked them.
So maybe you just calm yourself down, yeah? From 11-25, I don't think you're getting a huge difference as of right now.