• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SportsHoopla's Week 3 Top 25 Discussion Thread

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you triggered? No need for name calling, we all have our opinions. Make your case, then defend it. Don't be a progressive protester without making your own case. It makes you look pretty weak.

And if that was mental gymnastics, you probably needed it.
You're the one making out of the norm selections, the burden to defend is on you buddy

You made the claim PSU looks better than OSU and has played a harder schedule (lol)
Let's see you defend this

Not to mention ND above OSU, LSU

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude Illinois has won 10 games in the last 3 years combined, they shouldn't have needed to come back at all. This was one the experts were calling the lock of the week because of the spread being so low.
So, if Ohio state or Michigan played shitty against them for 3 quarters, and then easily scored 18 unanswered in the 4th quarter to win, how far would you drop them?

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, if Ohio state or Michigan played shitty against them for 3 quarters, and then easily scored 18 unanswered in the 4th quarter to win, how far would you drop them?
-5. They showed great perseverance to finish the game strong.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they were down by two scores at the start of the 4th vs. Illinois and need a TD in the last couple minutes just to win, they're dropping no fewer than 5 spots IMO, probably more. They were fringe top 20 coming into the week at best, so ranking them right now when there are other unbeatens seems a bit much.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, these were two ranked wins away from home. Fair point. However, do you actually think LSU is the best team in the nation? Not "have they accomplished the most so far', but are they actually THE best team in the country?

Nope. The best looking team on the field this year has been Bama. Though Oklahoma is right up there. FAU is a really good team. They beat them like it was nothing.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they were down by two scores at the start of the 4th vs. Illinois and need a TD in the last couple minutes just to win, they're dropping no fewer than 5 spots IMO, probably more. They were fringe top 20 coming into the week at best, so ranking them right now when there are other unbeatens seems a bit much.

I don’t believe you for some reason.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. The best looking team on the field this year has been Bama. Though Oklahoma is right up there. FAU is a really good team. They beat them like it was nothing.
Bama looks like a train right now. OU struggled more this week than I'd anticipated they would, though.

MikeMed

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,090.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Its hard to be down by 14 to IL........I would not put them ahead of Michigan ST, B.C. or BYU though........Just not enough room for them in top 25 right now.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t believe you for some reason.
Not much I can do about that. I obviously hold OSU to a much higher standard than USF, so maybe they don't drop as many slots as I would OSU, but they're far from looking convincing right now.

I'd argue without question for Cincinnati, Oregon, Minnesota, Colorado, Kentucky for sure to be ranked over USF, and there are probably more. They haven't looked particularly strong in any of their games yet.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its hard to be down by 14 to IL........I would not put them ahead of Michigan ST, B.C. or BYU though........Just not enough room for them in top 25 right now.
That's a tremendous amount of futility for 3 quarters

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They broke the will of Miami U and had a gutsy win at Auburn. I'd say they've looked more the part than any other team besides Oklahoma and Alabama.

Good teams, but not elite teams.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only if Rodgers stays healthy. If not I'd put them 5th
As someone who watched Kizer play against the Buckeyes and for the Browns, I can 100% confirm this is true.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not much I can do about that. I obviously hold OSU to a much higher standard than USF, so maybe they don't drop as many slots as I would OSU, but they're far from looking convincing right now.

I'd argue without question for Cincinnati, Oregon, Minnesota, Colorado, Kentucky for sure to be ranked over USF, and there are probably more. They haven't looked particularly strong in any of their games yet.
Didn’t it take Penn State overtime to beat Appalachian state? Did that hurt them in your rankings? Oregon sputtered against San Jose State, Colorado played neck and neck with Nebraska, all I know about Kentucky right now is they beat Florida. The other teams you mentioned haven’t even hit my radar yet.

None of that is convincing me those teams have a better argument to be ranked at this point.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn’t it take Penn State overtime to beat Appalachian state? Did that hurt them in your rankings? Oregon sputtered against San Jose State, Colorado played neck and neck with Nebraska, all I know about Kentucky right now is they beat Florida. The other teams you mentioned haven’t even hit my radar yet.

None of that is convincing me those teams have a better argument to be ranked at this point.
Yeah, Appy State had won 30 games over the last 3 years, your argument doesn't hold much water. And yes, I did move PSU down after that game, and only due to attrition have they moved back up.

How did Oregon sputter? They were up by 3 scores until late garbage time and otherwise dominated the game. They didn't need a late 4th quarter comeback.

Cincy, Kentucky, and Minnesota have been much more dominant in terms of PF/PA against schedules that are at least as difficult as the one USF has faced, if not more difficult.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Appy State had won 30 games over the last 3 years, your argument doesn't hold much water. And yes, I did move PSU down after that game, and only due to attrition have they moved back up.

How did Oregon sputter? They were up by 3 scores until late garbage time and otherwise dominated the game. They didn't need a late 4th quarter comeback.

Cincy, Kentucky, and Minnesota have been much more dominant in terms of PF/PA against schedules that are at least as difficult as the one USF has faced, if not more difficult.

:stephena:

You’ll have to try harder to fit them all into your rankings next week, I suppose.

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do people refer to App State as "Appy State"? I'm from NC and sports forums are the only place where I have ever seen/heard that nickname.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do people refer to App State as "Appy State"? I'm from NC and sports forums are the only place where I have ever seen/heard that nickname.

Similarly, I wonder why we call an avatar an “avy” or “avi.” Should be an “Ava.”