• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SportsHoopla's Week 3 Top 25 Discussion Thread

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yall can just quit putting OU in your top whatever...the team that played in Ames, IA Saturday isn't winning anything this year. They'll be very lucky to make their CCG. Junior looks way better than us right now...
giphy.gif

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't see how LSU is not #1. They beat 2 teams that will probably still be in the Top 25. Auburn will for sure. They will probably be Top 15. Yes, Alabama outscored their opponents by 40+, but who is putting Louisville, Arkansas State, and Ole Miss on their poll this week? Most people are putting Miami and everyone has put Auburn.

IMO, LSU has the best start to the season.
I'd have LSU #3 behind bama and osu

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also find it interesting that some people voted for South Florida the week following them struggling with Illinois.

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You rank Notre Dame above Ohio State and LSU, you have no place to demand answers from anyone else.
Not even your mom?

I don't demand answers, I asked a simple question. If it gets answered or not, idc. It's a message board. I don't see why you're defending a Husky fan that can clearly defend his own questions.

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mental gymnastics

So you’re telling me penn state looks better than Ohio state and has played a harder schedule
:bullshit:

Retardedness, plain and simple

Are you triggered? No need for name calling, we all have our opinions. Make your case, then defend it. Don't be a progressive protester without making your own case. It makes you look pretty weak.

And if that was mental gymnastics, you probably needed it.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also find it interesting that some people voted for South Florida the week following them struggling with Illinois.
They struggled, but came back and finished strong.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't see how LSU is not #1. They beat 2 teams that will probably still be in the Top 25. Auburn will for sure. They will probably be Top 15. Yes, Alabama outscored their opponents by 40+, but who is putting Louisville, Arkansas State, and Ole Miss on their poll this week? Most people are putting Miami and everyone has put Auburn.

It's fair to say they've done the most so far, but I can't say they've looked the part of a top5 team. They'll have plenty of chances to prove themselves.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's fair to say they've done the most so far, but I can't say they've looked the part of a top5 team. They'll have plenty of chances to prove themselves.

They broke the will of Miami U and had a gutsy win at Auburn. I'd say they've looked more the part than any other team besides Oklahoma and Alabama.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

On paper, they beat 2 top 10 teams. In reality, they only beat 1 top 15 team in Auburn.

Miami is grossly overrated. The Auburn win is definitely nice, but Auburn shot themselves in the foot for LSU to have a chance. Auburn was in control until they just fell apart, so I have them as a top 10, but I still don't believe the hype just yet.

But really, it doesn't matter. They still have to play Alabama and Georgia, so their schedule is easily one of the most difficult ones out there, so they are set up nicely to control their own destiny.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They broke the will of Miami U and had a gutsy win at Auburn. I'd say they've looked more the part than any other team besides Oklahoma and Alabama.
Miami had no will. They skated through last year on thin ice, having should've or nearly lost in 4 straight games, before getting beaten by a bad Pitt team, getting thrashed by Clemson, and then getting beat down by Wisconsin. LSU is good, don't get me wrong, but they scored fewer points against SE Louisiana than they did Miami. The Canes were the biggest fraud in the first rankings. Unfortunately they have absolute dogshit on their schedule for the next 4 weeks before facing BC, so they'll probably climb back up in the polls.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They struggled, but came back and finished strong.
Dude Illinois has won 10 games in the last 3 years combined, they shouldn't have needed to come back at all. This was one the experts were calling the lock of the week because of the spread being so low.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not even your mom?

I don't demand answers, I asked a simple question. If it gets answered or not, idc. It's a message board. I don't see why you're defending a Husky fan that can clearly defend his own questions.
Again, you rank ND in front of OSU and LSU. You should be answering questions, not demanding answers. Ridiculous.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami had no will. They skated through last year on thin ice, having should've or nearly lost in 4 straight games, before getting beaten by a bad Pitt team, getting thrashed by Clemson, and then getting beat down by Wisconsin. LSU is good, don't get me wrong, but they scored fewer points against SE Louisiana than they did Miami. The Canes were the biggest fraud in the first rankings. Unfortunately they have absolute dogshit on their schedule for the next 4 weeks before facing BC, so they'll probably climb back up in the polls.

Oh I agree about the Canes being overranked as they were too dependent on turnovers instead of actually playing defense. But a win over a top 25 team is a win over a top 25 team. Both of LSU's wins came on the road / neutral too. We'll see how they fair in the middle of October when their schedule gets heavy.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I agree about the Canes being overranked as they were too dependent on turnovers instead of actually playing defense. But a win over a top 25 team is a win over a top 25 team. Both of LSU's wins came on the road / neutral too. We'll see how they fair in the middle of October when their schedule gets heavy.
True, these were two ranked wins away from home. Fair point. However, do you actually think LSU is the best team in the nation? Not "have they accomplished the most so far', but are they actually THE best team in the country?

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, these were two ranked wins away from home. Fair point. However, do you actually think LSU is the best team in the nation? Not "have they accomplished the most so far', but are they actually THE best team in the country?

No. That would be Green Bay.